Dream big, live Grand. VGF homeowners' thread.

MoreTravels said:
Like BLT, you need to walk across a skybridge or parking lot to get there.

There is supposed to be a covered walking path (sidewalk - not elevated like BLT) to the main building. We kind of walked it a couple weeks ago when we walked from the poly to the GF.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Note2 using DISBoards

I was able to book a cash ressie yesterday for VGF online from Disney. I have been checking David's and others to try to get it by points instead. Why isn't VGF showing up on these sites if it is on Disney web?

Thanks

I was able to book a cash ressie yesterday for VGF online from Disney. I have been checking David's and others to try to get it by points instead. Why isn't VGF showing up on these sites if it is on Disney web?

Thanks

David's gets points from people renting their points out. Noone has given them up yet and if they have they are getting snatched right away.

There is supposed to be a covered walking path (sidewalk - not elevated like BLT) to the main building. We kind of walked it a couple weeks ago when we walked from the poly to the GF.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Note2 using DISBoards

Good to know! I was looking at the google map satellite view and don't see that on there, so I am happy to know there will be a covered walkway for when we want to go to the main bldg!

Thanks

There have been some available on the rent/trade boards here but they are asking significantly more than David for their points so if anyone is willing to spend that why should they rent out their points for less through David. I don't plan to if I decide to rent them. If we want to rent them we will know far enough in advance that I can offer than for a premium at the harder to get times of the year.

Visited the model at SSR this past week and I'm glad to say that VGF is not the resort for me and my traveling brood of 16 year old boys! It's doesn't give me the relaxed, comfy feeling I like from OKW, Kidani, SSR, BWV, it's more like a sterile environment. I don't see us staying there, to each his own!

Visited the model at SSR this past week and I'm glad to say that VGF is not the resort for me and my traveling brood of 16 year old boys! It's doesn't give me the relaxed, comfy feeling I like from OKW, Kidani, SSR, BWV, it's more like a sterile environment. I don't see us staying there, to each his own!

That is too funny! My SIL wanted to go to GF on their last visit just for dinner...Her boys were appalled at the decor and couldn't wait to get out of there - :rotfl2: It was too "white and clean". They usually stay at Wilderness Lodge. My nephew told me he doesn't ever want to go back - he is 11. Meanwhile DD and I LOVE it there :cloud9:

T Meanwhile DD and I LOVE it there :cloud9:
Yes, I did have the 4 of them with me and they rushed me through! I could see a girls trip, mother /daughter (don't have one, would have to borrow one) trip there, just for the claw tub! :rotfl2:

Hello everyone! This is my first post! We just bought into GFV and I am so excited. We got married at the wedding pavilion in 2000 and when we heard about the DVC going to GF we knew it was time.

Hello everyone! This is my first post! We just bought into GFV and I am so excited. We got married at the wedding pavilion in 2000 and when we heard about the DVC going to GF we knew it was time.

Congratulations! We all "pull the trigger and buy in" when the time is right and it feels good to us. Sounds to me like that is what just happened to the both of you!!!

WELCOME HOME NEIGHBOR!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!! It is exciting and the villas are beautiful. Welcome Home!

Congrats!

:goodvibes

Unfortunately, I don't have photobucket. The walls were pulled tight to the construction site, still working on the outside. Majority of the roof is done.

Thank you for the "Welcomes" :)

We are going down in late September and I can't wait to see how it looks. We are staying at the Poly and plan to take a walk over. Does anyone know about far that is?

Bought 150 pts!! Staying 2 days in Oct in a LV studio & 2 days New Year's Eve in a 1 bedroom standard view

Bought 295 VGF points for a fixed week #46 in a 1BR Standard View. Week 46 is usually the week before Thanksgiving, but it is actually the week of Thanksgiving every 5 or 6 years. Love that time of year. I also love the flexibility to opt out. Can't wait to put them to use...

Don't own dVC...yet;) but can so done till me when figuring it out $$$ wise, not points, about how much would I be paying fr a 1 bedroom standard per night at VGF?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter