Dream a Little Dream: May 8-12, 2011

... we have to get to the bank and pick up food for the house sitter...
You do your grocery shopping at the bank??? :rotfl2:

My question for all of you how much sleep do you think you will get the night before you leave.:rotfl2:
That's an easy one...none! I usually only lay down for a few hours before we leave, since I always pick the earliest flight out. My wife tries to sleep, but just tosses and turns all night. We'll both crash for a bit on the plane, but that's it.

Who needs sleep? We're going to WDW and the Disney Dream!!!!

1 week and counting... :banana:

For those of you that are not here already. THe weather this time of year is hot and there may be a cahnce for a stray shower or 2. This has to be the best time of the year to come to Florida but it can be hot and muggy for those that aren't used to it. It has been pleasant here that paast week even though our neighbors in Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia took a big hit last week. We should have great sailing weather. Enjoy your vacations guys. I know we are needing this cruise just as much as you guys are.

So far we are still going to make it for the trip and our 4 year old daughter won't go to sleep!! She knows we are going and she is used to us just packing her up and putting her in a car, so every morning she looks at me like..."now?" So exciting to put stuff in the suitcases!!!

ok guys,
im all packed up for Logan and I. Ralph will get back from the 5 borough bike tour in NYC this afternoon. He waits til the last minute to pack, but i hope to
tye dye our mickey t shirts later today. still havent found sandles that are comfortable for logan, so one more store today. we are leaving wed am!!!!!!:yay::yay::yay::yay:

Made it to POP on Thursday (29) and we are at the Poly since Friday (30). We went shopping Downtown on the 29, Epcot 30 and 1st, and today we were at MK. The weather has been WONDERFUL but I'm not in relax mode yet. I guess I'm waiting to be on the boat to do so.....

See you soon,
:tinker:Poussière de fée!

Hi everyone...I am new to this board but am a frequent poster on cruise critic. DH, myself and my 21 month old DD are getting ready to embark on our Disney vacation this Saturday. We cruised the Wonder when I was pregnant so now we are so excited to be taking our DD on the Dream.

My DD was just diagnosed with Autism in February. This trip is for her. The one thing that makes her more happy than anything else in the world is Mickey Mouse and the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. So we can't wait to see her reaction on Sunday when she gets to see all of the characters. :lovestruc
We are also spending a few days in Disney after complete with character meals so our DD can meet her favorites close-up!

Can't wait for Sunday! Praying for good weather!

Hi everyone...I am new to this board but am a frequent poster on cruise critic. DH, myself and my 21 month old DD are getting ready to embark on our Disney vacation this Saturday. We cruised the Wonder when I was pregnant so now we are so excited to be taking our DD on the Dream.

My DD was just diagnosed with Autism in February. This trip is for her. The one thing that makes her more happy than anything else in the world is Mickey Mouse and the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. So we can't wait to see her reaction on Sunday when she gets to see all of the characters. :lovestruc
We are also spending a few days in Disney after complete with character meals so our DD can meet her favorites close-up!

Welcome aboard! I know you (and the rest of us) are going to have an amazing time.

I've called ahead and ordered up perfect weather, great food and calm seas...along with plenty of meet and greet time with Mickey and his pals.

Just let me know if there is anything else you would like me to arrange! ;)

We made it safely... hanging out at Animal Kingdom Lodge and Uzima Pool. Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow and boarding the Disney Dream!:cool2:

We are still having the trip of a life time. We just went to Nasa today, after leaving the Dream. Nasa is great too! But of course, according to DD11, not as good as the Aquaduck!

Thank you everybody for your WONDERFUL FE gifts! WOW, we were amazed at the diversity of the gifts, the creativity, the talent and the little attentions!

Sadly, we missed one room, I didn't have access to Internet and I couldn't find our two guys (scoobypop) stateroom number... So, if you want your FE gifts from us, pm me and I will send it to you by mail! It won't be as surprising as it would have been on the ship, but it would bring a little bit of the Holidays back after the dust will have settled.

You know what, we missed everybody at the "Thread meet" We were on Deck 13, Forward, at 3:15, a bit late, but still there. We stayed until a bit short of 4 pm. We didn't see nobody. As we were delivering our FE's, one stateroom door opened and we had a little chat with the male occupant who said he went too, with the same result. So, where was the thread meet? And where were you, guys?

But for this little "contre temps", we really enjoyed our cruise and I reserved a room for ... 2014! through onboard reservation.

So, if not before, see you on board of the Fantasy in late November, early December 2014!

Poussière de fée!

Cilvy:tinker:

So, if not before, see you on board of the Fantasy in late November, early December 2014!

Poussière de fée!

Cilvy:tinker:

I'm happy to see a report from the cruise. Unfortunately, I had to cancel back in February because of a health issue with a family member. I never got around to posting on this thread that I would not be joining everyone on this cruise. I'm rebooked on a 4 day Dream cruise for May 2012 - I hope I'll be able to make that one.

I'm looking forward to reading everyone's trip reports. Please note on this thread if you post a trip report. I hope everyone had a great trip and if you have any pointers for me, please let me know!:idea:

I have to admit that I was pretty embarssed with our contribution to the FE. All of you did a wonderful job. Very personal. My daughter loved it. This was our first time doing it and I learned a lot. We enjoyed the cruise very much. The shows were awesome. The food was wonderful and we did have a magical time. I have to comment about one thing though...the elevator situation was a little aggreviating. I don't remember having to wait so long for the elevator on the Wonder. I realize there's is twice the amount of people. I also think that on the wonder everything was limited to a couple decks were it seemed that this ship had everything spread out to numerous decks. I figured out that there are a lot of steps from Deck 3 to Deck 11. Overall, it was quite a ship and of course the cast and crew make it untouched by any other cruise line. Thank you again to all of you in the FE. I have a better idea of what to do for next time.

great trip. will def do a disney cruise again. we also stopped at the dis meet but didnt see anyone...thanks all for the fe gifts. logan thought it was so cool that everytime he went back to the room, he had surprises!!!! im in canada now resting up! woke up 10:30 am today. havent done that in years. room was quiet and perfect, service excellent, food...couldnt of asked for better, people were happy...what more can you ask for. the elevators were slow getting there; however, they moved really quick once on. my problem was the one we took for deck two. after the doors closed there was no deck 2 button! we got off at 3 and walked down the stairs and we were on deck 1. kind of confusing, but eventually found it. took me three days to get the jist of the ship. really huge! beautiful. logan loved the detective thing. wanted to do it over and over. he didnt spend too much time in the kids area but it was very nice.

We got back tonight after a few more days at Disney. We all return to school and work tomorrow. I have a few specific experiences I want to post, but I need to get to the grocery store and unpack at least my laptop for work tomorrow.
I definitely wanted to take a moment and thank all the FE folks, especially AmeliaForte our co-ordinator. We loved everything! I was disorganized at first and had to keep running back to my room, but I had fun learning the decks while delivering and running into a few other people and my kids LOVED the surprises all day long. I should have snuck more of the candy away from my kids sooner. But it didn't occur to me right away to set it aside as snacks and treats for our park visit after the cruise. We still had plenty and the only food we ended up buying at the parks were frozen lemonades. Which was pretty cool.
I hope everyone made it back safe and had a wonderful time!

Had a great time on the cruise. One of my table mates ended up being WhakoMom!!! Great to meet you!

Full TR to come in another thread.

We are home, what a great time we had on the cruise. Thank you for the wonderful fish extender gifts. Everyone was so creative, it was a great surprise to come back to our room and find them.

Memphis Mickey and TNGoofy, did you win the big bingo game?

We are home, what a great time we had on the cruise. Thank you for the wonderful fish extender gifts. Everyone was so creative, it was a great surprise to come back to our room and find them.

Memphis Mickey and TNGoofy, did you win the big bingo game?

Hi. No did not win the final bingo pot. Did win a bag of cruise items in the morning session. How was your 3 day cruise? I really enjoyed dining with the 2 of you and the other table mates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter