Dream 5150

chrisrunty

DIS Veteran
Has anyone stayed in this room on the dream? Could you describe it? Is it the last room before the kids club? We are staying in it in May on the Fantasy. Thanks!!

Ok, just noticed you said fantasy, not dream... :lmao:

I don't even think they've had the maiden voyage yet...

They're sister ships though, and should be the same.

------------edit------------

Well, I clicked on this topic because 5150 is the police code for someone who's flipped out, crazy, insane, danger to others and their self. Sounded like a fun topic!!

Anyway, check here for a couple reviews.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/roomreport.cfm?Room=5150&ship=Disney Dream

There's a good ship layout somewhere, let me track it down.

Thanks for the reply! I said Dream because I don't think anyone has yet sailed or returned on the Fantasy. We've only been on the Magic/ Wonder (6 times) and we love deck 5. But looking at it in the new ships it seems different, and our varandah is big but it seems reeeeally close to the kids club. We do have a three year old so it may not be that bad. Plus I wonder if it has the round tub?

------------edit------------

Well, I clicked on this topic because 5150 is the police code for someone who's flipped out, crazy, insane, danger to others and their self.

That's funny! DH picked that room last year because 5150 is the name of a Van Halen album... :laughing:

Well we weren't in 5150, but we did stay in cabin 5166 on the Dream, which is just a few doors down. I loved this location! :cloud9: It is right down the hall from the kids clubs. It is right by the aft elevators, and right down the hall the other way from the laundry room. We did have the round tub, but 5166 is Oceanview, not Veranda, so I can't say for sure whether 5150 will have it or not. There are not many cabins on Deck 5, so there is minimal foot traffic, although 5150 might be before the elevators, so you would have a little more there. I would book this location again in a heartbeat! :thumbsup2

We are in this room for our Fantasy 2013 cruise. The verandah is huge (from what I hear). My only concern is that the bars were reconfigured on the Fantasy, so you are no longer above the champagne bar. I would be sooo grateful if you would post your thoughts (and especially pics) from this room when you return. If you google room 5150 Disney Dream, I believe it is pass porters that posts pics from it. It does not have the round tub.

Thanks and enjoy.

We were in 5156 a few months ago so I can't comment on the interior of 5150. We loved our room...extended veranda and close to the aft stairs for quick access to other parts of the ship.

5150 is the last stateroom before the various kids clubs. That being said, it's not directly next door. After 5150, the hallway jogs to the left and then jogs back to the right before you get to the Oceaneer Lab. There is quite a bit of separation.

That being said: the rooms are on a busy hallway. There is traffic at all times heading forward to the kids clubs and aft to the elevators/stairs. It was especially noticeable between 6 and 9 PM (dinner times/show times) as families would drop kids off and pick them up again. Lots of pounding feet and hallway conversations.

We liked the veranda staterooms on deck 5 but did not like the location on the port side due to these factors. For our next Dream cruise in 2013, we booked the exact opposite of 5156 on the starboard side: 5656. We hope to minimize the foot traffic while having the starboard views of Castaway Cay and the ability to see the fireworks from our veranda on Pirate Night.

We stayed in this cabin and we LOVED it....... the verandah is huge!!!!!!!!!! Very quiet floor and far away from the club to not notice it.:yay:

YES! We loved 5150! The room is pretty basic, but the verandah is AWESOMELY HUGE! Love, love, love that room!

The room is right on the corner just down the hallway from the kids clubs. There is a lot of foot traffic so be careful when you open the door. Don't just step out into the hallway, look first. Kind of like at the grocery store before you dart out of the aisle with your cart! Even though there is a lot of traffic, it is remarkably quiet. We could hear absolutely no sounds when the cabin door was closed.

DH said if we sail again on the Dream or Fantasy, we WILL have that room.

We were in 5156 a few months ago so I can't comment on the interior of 5150. We loved our room...extended veranda and close to the aft stairs for quick access to other parts of the ship.

5150 is the last stateroom before the various kids clubs. That being said, it's not directly next door. After 5150, the hallway jogs to the left and then jogs back to the right before you get to the Oceaneer Lab. There is quite a bit of separation.

That being said: the rooms are on a busy hallway. There is traffic at all times heading forward to the kids clubs and aft to the elevators/stairs. It was especially noticeable between 6 and 9 PM (dinner times/show times) as families would drop kids off and pick them up again. Lots of pounding feet and hallway conversations.

We liked the veranda staterooms on deck 5 but did not like the location on the port side due to these factors. For our next Dream cruise in 2013, we booked the exact opposite of 5156 on the starboard side: 5656. We hope to minimize the foot traffic while having the starboard views of Castaway Cay and the ability to see the fireworks from our veranda on Pirate Night.

We had a starboard side verandah on the Dream in Sept and received a letter in our cabin on pirate night to please not sit on verandah during fireworks and to keep the verandah door closed to reduce the risk of fire hazard. I half considered bending the rules & just peeking my head out the door but wouldn't want to be known as the idiot that caught the Dream on fire if some ashes would blow our way. :scared1:

Were you happy with this room. We just got assigned this room for our cruise (Dec. 1-8). We are in our 60's and will not have any little ones with us, not sure why we were put so close to the children's room. I was wondering about the noise and the door knocking I read about???

We just loved the room 5150 on the Fantasy! The location was perfect to reach things easily. Quiet, quiet, honestly, I think I only heard knocking on pepe's door maybe twice during the whole cruise? (and that was if I was trying to listen for it) The Kids area is actually off and around a corner from the room so you won't hear any noises from the kids clubs. The best thing however is the verandah, it is HUGE and you have extra loungers on it. I would stay in the room again in a heartbeat. :cool1:

Hope that helps!
Christine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter