Dream 01/09/2015

Hello Fellow Jan 9th Cruisers :wave2: It will be my husband (26) and my (25) first cruise ever! We are a little nervous about sea sickness but that is why we are going to try and do everything we can to enjoy every aspect of the Disney Cruise experience in case we get sick. I would love to participate in the Fish Extenders experience. I only just learned about it so I am still learning on how it all works. We are huge Disney fans so we are really excited. We are from Niagara Falls/Buffalo, NY..... Yes it is snowing right now:furious:.... Hence why we go to Disney so many times::yes::. I am excited to join this forum and hopefully meet all you lovely people on our cruise :woohoo:

My husband has family near buffalo, small place called portville... As far as sea sickness, I was worried my first time too... I hear seasick bands work great but u can also get pills for free (last cruise at least) or eat green apples :-)

I am big into natural remedies...our family has had great success with ginger tablets

Hi Everybody! I am so glad to see more people joining this group!:cool1:

I would like to offer to coordinate the Fish Extender Group for this cruise. I am a first time cruiser but I have done a lot of reading on FE's and I am sure that I could do the coordination. Is anyone else interested in coordinating or is it ok for me to get started?:confused3

Hi Everybody! I am so glad to see more people joining this group!:cool1: I would like to offer to coordinate the Fish Extender Group for this cruise. I am a first time cruiser but I have done a lot of reading on FE's and I am sure that I could do the coordination. Is anyone else interested in coordinating or is it ok for me to get started?:confused3
get started woman! Lol if u need any help let me know

Hi Everybody! I am so glad to see more people joining this group!:cool1:

I would like to offer to coordinate the Fish Extender Group for this cruise. I am a first time cruiser but I have done a lot of reading on FE's and I am sure that I could do the coordination. Is anyone else interested in coordinating or is it ok for me to get started?:confused3

Count me in!!!:cool1::thumbsup2:yay:

Hello! I am new here. I am thinking of booking this cruise as a surprise to my DH for Christmas. He is really wanting to go a cruise and I am not so excited. I figure this will be a first for all of us. My DS will be 4 at the time.

Hello! I am new here. I am thinking of booking this cruise as a surprise to my DH for Christmas. He is really wanting to go a cruise and I am not so excited. I figure this will be a first for all of us. My DS will be 4 at the time.
you will NOT be disappointed!! And 4 is a great age for Disney cruises!! Well ALL ages are great for a Disney cruise!! who was I trying to kid? Lol

I hope so. I think it will be fun I just have the fear in my mind and wonder if me or DS will get sick. Are you guys doing a fish extender?
yes we plan to participate in he FE exchange.... I was also worried about see sickness as my kids get car seat easy, but not one bit of sea sickness ith us... But in case ur still concerned, get the seabands (little bracelets) but the key is to use them b4 u feel seasick.. As with any seasick remedy....

Here WE Go!

If you are interested in being in our Fish Extender Group for our cruise, please PM me your Cabin #, number in your cabin, the names of adults, names and ages of children, favorite characters of everyone in your cabin and any celebration such as birthday, anniversary or 1st cruise. If you do not know your cabin number just put a ? for now. The deadline to sign up will be November 28th so that everyone will have time to get their gifts ready. Right now I will plan to have 1 group but if it gets too large we will break it up into smaller groups of about 15 cabins. Hope you join us! This should be fun!

If you do not know what a Fish Extender is, I have included some information which I borrowed from the Face Book group: Fish Extender Disney Cruise Line. Hope you find it helpful.

What Is A Fish Extender?
Every stateroom has a fish of some kind hanging on the wall outside the door. This is part decoration and part message center. The fish is there for Disney to place important communications to you such as excursion tickets and notes from the Cruise staff. It is like a mailbox for your room. A Fish Exgtender (FE) it is something that you hang off the fish . By hanging the Fish Extender off of the fish, the Cast Members can still use it for its original purpose. All the people in the exchange buy or make little items and place them in each other's fish extenders. It is great fun to come back and check the items you have received.

WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE? WHERE CAN I GET ONE?
The most common Fish Extenders are ones that have a pocket for each person in that stateroom. Some are very fancy, some are very plain. Some are store bought, some are homemade and many are bought on eBay or Etsy.com. search on "Disney fishextender" and you will get options that range in price. IKEA also has a 4 pocket holder for about $5.00 you can personalize yourself Check out our albums for hand -made and re-imagined ones

SIZE DOES MATTER!
You should make sure your Fish Extender is between 8" & 12"" wide. Otherwise it starts to get in the way of your stateroom door. It can be about 5-6 feet long. Longer than that It will hit the floor. If you are creating your own it is suggested you make the pockets a little deeper than normal too.It will keep items from falling out and keep curious hands from reaching in (average depth is 5-6 inches)

WHAT DO WE EXCHANGE?
Some people get very crafty and make items, some are store bough. Again no set rules.
Magnets, Anything Pirate, Anything Disney, Anything with our cruise sailing dates on it (pencils, pens, candy . . . )
It isn't about how much you spend, it is about the fun in exchanging and seeing what you get! IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE DISNEY THEMED.

DO I HAVE TO BUY FOR EVERYONE?
That's up to you, Some do a cabin gift, and separate adult gifts too, and then do a few items for the kids. Some just give the kids and a cabin gift. Some people are crafty and make gifts, and some are store bought. Its across the board. Some gifts are to be used on board and some are to be used at home. Again.. up to you.
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I am unsure if you wanted us to send you a personal inbox message or not but I will put the info in here anyway:confused3

Mrs.Vanessa Alaimo
Vanessa (25) & Anthony (26)
Cabin# 6558
Our favorite Disney Character is a hard question to ask...
My husband would be Buzz Lightyear & Mine would be Peter Pan/Jasmine (honestly anything Disney I will love)

I am obsessed with the Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, & Carousel of Progress..... & I really like Figment :love:pirate::woohoo:

I am sooo EXCITED!!!! :banana::cool1:

I am unsure if you wanted us to send you a personal inbox message or not but I will put the info in here anyway:confused3

i just wanted you to know i have you on the list!:) i think i will change my post to have people PM the information. Thanks for the idea.

Hey Livvys glad you will be joining. Congrats on your pregnancy!

Thanks!! We are so excited for this cruise:) you will love castaway cay-- it's a really great place and you can do as much or as little as you want there. I'm hoping the water is warm when we are there-- we went in Sep and it was perfect. I did the 5k run and it was so hot, but still enjoyable-- jan will be perfect for it I bet!!

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list pixiedust: Have a great cruise!

Should we start a new thread in the cruise meet forum? Since this one was started in the general forum it posts everything there even though it's listed in the cruise meets-- maybe it would be better to post an original thread directly there? I am not sure of proper etiquette lol :)

Hello everyone!! I am taking this cruise, Disney Wonder January 9th-14th 2015. This will be our 2nd cruise, our being on the Disney dream. However we went all out and decorated our door. We saw a ton of people with Fish Extenders and want to be apart of it this year! I made a local group on Facebook for cruisers all taking our cruise. Which on Facebook you can search by typing in disney wonder Jan 9th -14th. It will now allow me to add the link here. I am not 100% on how it works other than a group of people sign up, etc, leave gifts while on the cruise. Anyways if anyone wants to explain this more to me. Please do! I will also be looking more on the forum here too to learn! Long story short, I would love to participate! Jamie
I can't seem to find the fb group.... You will love FE's.. Soo much fun!

I tried to go to the Facebook page but I did not get a real page just a listing. There was no place to join. I also tried to search for it on Facebook but couldn't find it. If you get two private messages from me ignore them. I had trouble with that too today.:confused3
feel free to join :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter