• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dragging My Dining Reservations

aarya_ss

Earning My Ears
October 23, 2007

Hi… I’m trying to get my ADRs done. Have this quick question. Do I require ADRs for the popular Counter Service Restaurants like the Tusker House, or only for Full Service Places?

I’m dragging my feet a bit with the ADRs b’coz I don’t want to feel tied down to ‘THE PLAN’. If I intend to visit between December 09 & December 21, 07, is it possible for me to just visit Guest Relations each day, as I enter the park and make reservations then? How good are my chances given the time of my visit. Any suggestions would be appreciated... :)

You can't get ADR's for counter service places so no need to include those (I'd suggest going to these outside the usual rush times like 12pm-1pm or 5pm-6pm as they tend to be busy then).

You can just visit guest services but then it will be a case of getting what ever is left over rather than actually being able to choose. With the dining plan ADRs are becoming more popular so I'd say book ADR's for those resturants you really want to go to and risk it for the rest

By the time you go, Tusker House will reopen as a buffet restaurant. I don't know if reservations will be required. :confused3

Also note that as of November, Tusker House is no longer a counter service but a buffet restaurant featuring characters at breakfast.

I wouldnt wait too long if i was you.
We are going in December around the same time as you.My ADR's are all set but i needed to change one.Availability is getting harder to come by.

In this day and age, Disney has made it very hard to just go and wing it. If you are ok the with the possibility of a lot of counter service meals and eating at off times (like 9 PM) then by all means go for it!But if you need to eat at least one Table Service meal and want to eat at a normal time, id call now.

Well, three anyway! Liberty Tree Tavern... Tony's Town Square... Brown Derby... DOING THE VERY HAPPY [BORDERING ON MAD] DANCE :dance3: ... Tried for Le Cellier, but that's all booked out till forever... Oh, is it normal to be demented with joy just coz i spoke to someone who knows someone who can get me to eat at Disney???... :rotfl: Is that normal?
Anyone who has any other suggestions on where I should eat at the Parks? Not really planning to venture into Resort Dining. As mentioned I’m visiting between December 09 – 21, 2007, just my fiancée & me…

Gosh, I’m happy… :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

We were there at the same time last year. I had made my ADRs in advance but we decided to go to MVMCP so I went to guest relations and traded ADRS at Chefs De France for Kona (which was wonderful) so that we would be closer to MK. Later in the week we decided we wanted more EPCOT time so we traded ADRs at Crystal Palace For ChefsDe France. We didn't have any problems but it was nice knowing we had reservations somewhere for each night.
We really enjoyed Chefs and although I know you said you didn't want to do resorts if you change your mind Kona is on the Monorail line and is really good .They have the best coffee in all the world!!:thumbsup2

Someone enlighten me on a smart way to locate a post here… I posted something about the Rainforest Café a week ago, but can’t seem to find it…

Lots of rambling actually… Does everyone know that Disney has altered its value season for December? It now ends on December 15, 2007… which effectively means that the Disney also realizes that crowds shall be colossal after Dec 15… I’m going Dec 09 to 21… Shudder!
I had asked in a previous post for various opinions on the Rainforest Café? According to our touring plan, we shall be in Africa around lunch on Dec 13… does Rainforest, at AK, merit the walk to & fro to the entrance, to pick up where we left off?… we are late dinner eaters, bout 9pm, so I cannot make a dinner reservation… and the RC at DTD has terrible reviews so I’d rather not eat there… Suggestions?
Also, just to let all know that Confisco Grille, at the IOA, no longer takes reservations… have reserved Mythos tho…
Have also made the ADRs for Liberty TT, Tony’s TS, Hollywood Brown Derby, & Marrakech… can you see me patting my own back :rolleyes1 … and this from someone who was not keen to make ADRs to begin with…
On a personal note… I’m getting to the stage where my Disney obsessed brain no longer feels like working… at my job, that is… it’s been 15 years since I last visited… and I’m becoming increasing delirious… so any calm down tips shall also be appreciated…. Maybe I’m asking at the wrong place tho… :rotfl:

Well, three anyway! Liberty Tree Tavern... Tony's Town Square... Brown Derby... DOING THE VERY HAPPY [BORDERING ON MAD] DANCE :dance3: ... Tried for Le Cellier, but that's all booked out till forever... Oh, is it normal to be demented with joy just coz i spoke to someone who knows someone who can get me to eat at Disney???... :rotfl: Is that normal?
Anyone who has any other suggestions on where I should eat at the Parks? Not really planning to venture into Resort Dining. As mentioned I’m visiting between December 09 – 21, 2007, just my fiancée & me…

Gosh, I’m happy… :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Don't discount resort dining, especially if you are still in need of getting some ADR's. There's a lot of great restaurants at the resorts!

As was noted, you cannot make ADRs for counter service restaurants, they operate strictly first come, first served.

As was also noted, Tusker House will reopen next month as a full service buffet. It will take ADRs. I would assume they'd be necessary at least for the character breakfast, which will be the only character meal at AK.

I don't remember WDW extending value season past the 2nd week in December, by then you are getting into the pre-Christmas travel season. I would actually guess that Disney's next step will be to remove all of December from value season and make the days after Thanksgiving and the first two weeks of December regular season, it's gotten so popular.

For a trip of that length, I would definitely try the resort restaurants, especially if you are on the dining plan.

Hi - to locate your post - you will probably need to hit the search button and the top and enter rainforest cafe. But, for future posts - go into user cp and select the subscribing option. You can then have any follow ups to any posts you have made emailed to you.

You have already made some good choices for dining in the parks. But, Tony's Town Square got some really bad reviews for a while so you should check on the boards to see if it has improved. But Brown Derby is a wonderful experience.

In animal kingdom, we usually do counter service. It is not really to far to walk to Rainforest Cafe, but you often have to wait for a long time to get seated.

Did you try for Le Cellier at lunchtime - the food is equally good then. If you can't get in there the Japanese restaurant in Epcot is very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter