• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Drag at MNSSHP

poorunfortunateseth

Mouseketeer
Hello! I'm going to the MK MNSSHP in October. I really want to go as Ursula, but I'm a guy. Is dressing in drag allowed? I would assume so but I just want to check before I pour time and money into a costume. My sister is going as Belle and my cousin is going as Tink - their favorites, so I figured I should go as mine. I'm 20 by the way.

I don't think you'll have any problems going as Ursula. When I went to the party in 2010 my friends and I saw an off-duty male Cast Member (we ended up chatting) dressed as Maleficent. He looked fierce.

I say go for it.

Go for it! I think we saw someone once in Drag. Post pics!!

PS I love your username. Little Mermaid is my favorite movie.

Another anecdotal story for you.

I took a trip to WDW back in February when no major events were going on and as I was walking through Future World in Epcot I saw a guy in full drag (possibly a trans MTF) walking with his/her head held high.

I couldn't feel any prouder for him/her.

Disney is probably the only place people can be themselves and NOT have to worry about backlash.

And that is what I LOVE about Disney.

My Ursula costume arrived today and my shell necklace, wig, and gloves are on their way.

Thank you for the encouragement! I can't wait.

I don't see why it would be a problem. Disney is very LGBT supportive! Yes, please post pics & I am hoping we are at MNSSHP on the same night to see your fabulous costume in person.

Just throwing some more encouragement your way! I think your costume sounds awesome and you should 100% do it.

Disney's rules on costumes are so particular that I'm sure they would have mentioned something about drag/gender appropriate costumes if that mattered. Work it, Sea Witch!

Disney's rules on costumes are so particular that I'm sure they would have mentioned something about drag/gender appropriate costumes if that mattered. Work it, Sea Witch!

Four years ago I went as Cruella de Ville with a slight 5 0'clock shadow, daughters were dalmations.....I was the talk of the party and enjoyed the attention. I don't think there will be an issue, sounds like total fun.

Four years ago I went as Cruella de Ville with a slight 5 0'clock shadow, daughters were dalmations.....I was the talk of the party and enjoyed the attention. I don't think there will be an issue, sounds like total fun.

I saw you and that was an awesome costume...unless there has been more than one male Cruella. Super tall guy? If so it was awesome...if not I bet you were awesome too!

And Seth...why did you just not ask me this...you know I would tell you it was fine.

Liz
(or Aunt Liz to poorunfortunateseth)

I just wanted to I went in 2012 as Merryweather without issue! It was so much fun. I had random people coming up to me to get my picture! Great experience. I made sure it lit up at night too.
11630666994_05a46bde2a_n.jpg
11630522023_53b5ff4d21_n.jpg
11630516453_8e8fe72c2d_n.jpg

Looks like I'm not the only Ursula fan around here, lol. Here's my Ursula inspired get up from Halloween before last:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter