• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dr. Jones and the Spitting Camel - Link to Alaska Cruise TR 9/18

Cynthia- wishing you and your family a joyous Christmas and a fantastic new year!

Great update! You did a super job going with the flow. I mean flood! Sounds like you made the most of the rainy situation. The only time we have tried the ABC Commisary was when I was stuck back at our All Star Music room with my sick son. My DH brought me a Cuban Sandwich back. It was pretty good, but I don't think it is on the menu anymore.

Great update!! I'm bummed that your pool time was so elusive, but hey, a spell on the balcony sounded perfect- for dessert before dinner, rum and cokes and a good book! Lovely in my book!

Ok your Commissary lunch did surprise me- a lot!! Who'da thunk it?

MERRY CHRISTMAS CYNTHIA AND FAMILY! :santa:

PS. I Need Disney BAD after watching that Christmas parade!

Hi Cynthia! I hope your Christmas was wonderful!

We usually eat at ABC and have enjoyed it every time! I know it doesn't get great reviews, but I have liked the Cuban Sandwich with black beans (I hope it isn't off the menu). We ate breakfast there last year as well - great oatmeal choices for Jim and I think I had an egg mcMuffin type sandwich.:thumbsup2

Forced Relaxation - looks like a great way to just take a break and realize you're on vacation so just rest!

Speaking of Chai - I bought the Stash Holiday Chai recently - delicious!!!

I have to agree with the limited choices of CS at DHS !!! We were not happy with the buns at ABC at all !! But it was inside and airconditioned !! I love FF but with it was inside !! At leat there are umbrella tables !!

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas !!

I'll be back with replies later today but wanted to thank everyone for the lovely Christmas wishes, and I hope all of you had a magical day!

We were pretty busy, Christmas eve at my mom's, for which I made an apple pie, and then 10pm service. That was the original plan for a lovely lazy day but...a week ago my brother in law decided to attempt a ski jump he shouldn't have and broke his clavicle in 3 spots. Added quite a bit of stress to a very strained situation with my sister Melissa and he. Typically she hosts Christmas day but between their personal stuff and surgery weds it was just too much. so...I had 30 people for dinner last night! Which meant my Christmas eve was a bit of running around as well as a last minute visit to Santa!

scan0001-1.jpg

We were at my mom's for brunch which my youngest sister Kerri cooks every year and then back to our house for dinner.

Needless to say it's been a little nutty and I'm avoiding the dishes as I type! They are frightening. :scared1:

People were here until 11 and it was all we could to do rinse and stack! :rotfl:

It was a lovely lovely Christmas all around, even with the craziness and the challenge of wrestling with 24 pounds of prime rib (yes, a small cow). And I've learned a lot about cooking that much meat. Though, as Jeff said, we are really fine with Melissa doing Christmas Day Dinner next time, yikes!

Santa was very good to me and Glenn, Judy may be happy to know my in laws got me a couple of pampered chef goodies that actually were put to use within an hour of opening! :rotfl: That cutting board with the measuring cup cut outs on the end is pretty slick, I love it!

My in-laws arrive weds and I do go back to work tomorrow so I'd better get to those dishes but hope to be around more this week as it will be very quiet at work. Jeff and I have a date night tonight which should be lovely, dinner and Burlesque.

I'll be back with replies later today but wanted to thank everyone for the lovely Christmas wishes, and I hope all of you had a magical day!

We were pretty busy, Christmas eve at my mom's, for which I made an apple pie, and then 10pm service. That was the original plan for a lovely lazy day but...a week ago my brother in law decided to attempt a ski jump he shouldn't have and broke his clavicle in 3 spots. Added quite a bit of stress to a very strained situation with my sister Melissa and he. Typically she hosts Christmas day but between their personal stuff and surgery weds it was just too much. so...I had 30 people for dinner last night! Which meant my Christmas eve was a bit of running around as well as a last minute visit to Santa!

scan0001-1.jpg

We were at my mom's for brunch which my youngest sister Kerri cooks every year and then back to our house for dinner.

Needless to say it's been a little nutty and I'm avoiding the dishes as I type! They are frightening. :scared1:

People were here until 11 and it was all we could to do rinse and stack! :rotfl:

It was a lovely lovely Christmas all around, even with the craziness and the challenge of wrestling with 24 pounds of prime rib (yes, a small cow). And I've learned a lot about cooking that much meat. Though, as Jeff said, we are really fine with Melissa doing Christmas Day Dinner next time, yikes!

Santa was very good to me and Glenn, Judy may be happy to know my in laws got me a couple of pampered chef goodies that actually were put to use within an hour of opening! :rotfl: That cutting board with the measuring cup cut outs on the end is pretty slick, I love it!

My in-laws arrive weds and I do go back to work tomorrow so I'd better get to those dishes but hope to be around more this week as it will be very quiet at work. Jeff and I have a date night tonight which should be lovely, dinner and Burlesque.

Wow! Sounds like you got through a crazy day with grace and Pampered Chef! :goodvibes I was also thinking yesterday about how all my PC goodies made my cooking day so much better - :thumbsup2 Shout out to Judy!

Merry Christmas!!! Sounds like you had a busy, but fun, one! Yes, next year it is someone else's turn to host! :laughing: My DH's family takes turns and travels house to house, it works pretty well. We offered to host here in New York next year in our 500 square foot apartment. ;)

I just read your update too - so glad the ABC Commissary delivered just what you guys needed! I've heard several good reviews lately, so I'm thinkin' we'll have to try it on our next trip! We peeked in once and it looked like a beautiful restaurant.

Sorry to hear about the missed pool time, but it all worked out with some unexpected relaxing time. That's a pretty good trade-off and doesn't always happen at Disney!

Whew! I am exhausted for you just reading about your Christmas festivities! I wouldn't even know where to begin cooking that much meat! :laughing:

Hi Cynthia!!! Your holiday sounds like so much fun! Busy and family filled, but year, that is a lot of Prime rib!!! I'll let Le Cellier cook ours!! :rotfl:

We are doing beef wellington for New Year's though! Good times with friends.

I got your FB friend thing-y, I can't accept on my phone for some reason, but will on my computer! :thumbsup2

Hope you boys are enjoying the time off! Mine are!!! MY Christmas TR is up -- and a couple of pics from Blue Zoo! ;)

I am so thrilled to hear you liked ABC Commissary! We used to eat there all the time when I was a kid, but in recent years, due to the overwhelmingly bad reviews I have read, I have shied away from it. There is a lot to be said for someplace inside.
It was funny, I was actually dreading it, but it was what the group wanted and it was just perfect. Completely shocking.

It hit the spot for sure!

Love the impromptu balcony relaxing! So enjoyable! :goodvibes

It was!!!

:cool1: An update! :cool1: As Tracy would say, at least I didn't get too far behind while I was MIA for the last 3 weeks!

Nope, not behind at all! :lmao:

That chicken blue sandwich sounds good and now I know if we have to eat lunch there in May, there will be something I like. I was really tired of the old menu.
If it isn't raining I hope to check out Fairfax Fare but I must say, it worked and I was glad to get out of the rain. It was steamy in there with all the wet people though. :rotfl2:

Sorry your pool time was preempted due to rain and lightening. That is the one thing I dislike about Florida weather, especially in the summer time. Oh well, a rum and coke and chai pudding sounds pretty good to me.

Speaking of chai - I just discovered these wonderful chai K-cups. So good. Ok, I digress.

It was definitely a good use of the time given the weather. I bet those K cups are good, I love chai!

Loved the Christmas card - wonderful pictures.

Glad you like the chopped salad boy! ;):rolleyes1

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!! :santa::santa::santa:

Thanks! Yes, Chopped salad boy would have been nice for Christmas. :rotfl2:

:thumbsup2 I haven't been on here in ages and am glad I check in.
Me too! :wave:

A book and a drink on the balcony sounds perfect right about now :cloud9:

It does to me too! Instead, I'm back at work. :sad2:

I love it! Merry (belated) Christmas Heidi!

Great update...you sure manage to make a balcony sound very appealing. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

Merry merry back at you! I hope yours was wonderful.

The balcony was absolutely lovely!

Cynthia, Merry Christmas to you and your family!! :santa:

It seems like we had a similar rainy experience at DHS! :goodvibes How interesting that you enjoyed the ABC Commisary. I just think it is so ugly inside - looks even worse than the canteen at work. :confused3 But perhaps I should have a look at the menu again before my next trip. :thumbsup2

It was soggy to be sure! It does look like a canteen, well it's supposed to so I guess that's a good thing, but it absolutely worked for us at that moment.

Cynthia- wishing you and your family a joyous Christmas and a fantastic new year!

Great update! You did a super job going with the flow. I mean flood! Sounds like you made the most of the rainy situation. The only time we have tried the ABC Commisary was when I was stuck back at our All Star Music room with my sick son. My DH brought me a Cuban Sandwich back. It was pretty good, but I don't think it is on the menu anymore.

With our group you have to be flexible...or lose your mind.

:rotfl:

Great update!! I'm bummed that your pool time was so elusive, but hey, a spell on the balcony sounded perfect- for dessert before dinner, rum and cokes and a good book! Lovely in my book!

Ok your Commissary lunch did surprise me- a lot!! Who'da thunk it?

Yeah, I expected rain but it did impact pool time WAY too much on the trip for our liking. Other than that we manged to get through the wet pretty well the entire trip but it happened more than once.

Merry Christmas!!

(I'll have to come back later to read your update.) :)

Merry merry Glen!

Christmas was NUTS at my house too this year, and I can definitely say that 20 people in one house was FAR too many for 3 days!! :scared1: Even though it's a tough reason to be going to California, I really needed to get out of there!! I have not a clue what condition the house will be in when I get back on Thursday! :confused3 Maybe I don't even want to think about that yet.

Merry Christmas!!!!!

Hi Kat!

Merry Merry!!!!!!!!!!!

:santa: Merry Christmas Cynthia! :santa:

Back at you Rebbecca! Your marathon trip is almost here :cool1:
MERRY CHRISTMAS CYNTHIA AND FAMILY! :santa:

PS. I Need Disney BAD after watching that Christmas parade!

I need it bad too.....4 months though :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I can't wait!

Merry Christmas Cynthia and Family! :santa:

Merry (belated) Christmas to you Jackie! I hope it was magical

Hi Cynthia! I hope your Christmas was wonderful!

We usually eat at ABC and have enjoyed it every time! I know it doesn't get great reviews, but I have liked the Cuban Sandwich with black beans (I hope it isn't off the menu). We ate breakfast there last year as well - great oatmeal choices for Jim and I think I had an egg mcMuffin type sandwich.:thumbsup2

Forced Relaxation - looks like a great way to just take a break and realize you're on vacation so just rest!

Speaking of Chai - I bought the Stash Holiday Chai recently - delicious!!!

Interesting, I had no idea they had breakfast, I will have to keep that in mind!

Forced relaxation is a good thing :goodvibes

Christmas was NUTS at my house too this year, and I can definitely say that 20 people in one house was FAR too many for 3 days!! :scared1: Even though it's a tough reason to be going to California, I really needed to get out of there!! I have not a clue what condition the house will be in when I get back on Thursday! :confused3 Maybe I don't even want to think about that yet.

3 days?

:scared1:

3 hours was too much at my house. Not really of course but it was a bit exhausting!

I am a big fan of not thinking too hard....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter