• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dr. Jones and the Spitting Camel - Link to Alaska Cruise TR 9/18

It's funny that your ta took the up-grade credit for herself...maybe she's expecting a good christmas bonus?:laughing:

I still can't believe you had enough energy to do so much that day.
I like to fully unpack also otherwise the room ends up a mess by day 2.

WOW! You did an amazing amount that first day. I, too, like to fully unpack. I also don't like my clothes to end up looking super wrinkled, either.

Can't wait to hear about your evening at AK.

Answering the carry-on liquor question... yes, you can. :rolleyes1 So long as they are in the appropriate baggie and satisfy the requirements of any other liquid you are ok. It is a bit awkward going thru the security line but if given the choice to justify my anti-aging cream vs. tequila, I think I'll pick tequila. :upsidedow

I am really in awe of how much you packed into this day. Hope dinner ends things on a high note!

Boo to your travel agent and the alleged upgrade although glad you ended up loving your location. The view is awesome!! :)

What a great view!!:goodvibes Love your picture looking out at the pool!:thumbsup2 I can't wait to hear about your dinner.popcorn::

just wondering cause when i was at the liquor store talking to the one guy about it he said well here give it a try, and gave me a bunch of free bottles he said to throw it in candis makeup back so it looks like a bunch of mackup things and they wont check.
:rotfl:

Seems like a good place to put it anyway, you have to pull out the ziploc and show that stuff, why not mix it in?

Free though? Gotta love IL liquor stores. We are state run here, that would never happen.

It's funny that your ta took the up-grade credit for herself...maybe she's expecting a good christmas bonus?:laughing:

I still can't believe you had enough energy to do so much that day.
I like to fully unpack also otherwise the room ends up a mess by day 2.

Well, maybe she "thought" they did it for her when she called to ask about the rooms being ready early. Who knows.

It makes SUCH a difference, the unpacking. I just feel settled and relaxed and like I am really on vacation once that happens.

WOW! You did an amazing amount that first day. I, too, like to fully unpack. I also don't like my clothes to end up looking super wrinkled, either.

Can't wait to hear about your evening at AK.

Not only that but it's so much easier to find stuff if you are unpacked!

Answering the carry-on liquor question... yes, you can. :rolleyes1 So long as they are in the appropriate baggie and satisfy the requirements of any other liquid you are ok. It is a bit awkward going thru the security line but if given the choice to justify my anti-aging cream vs. tequila, I think I'll pick tequila. :upsidedow

I'm glad you have your priorities straight! :thumbsup2

I am really in awe of how much you packed into this day. Hope dinner ends things on a high note!

Boo to your travel agent and the alleged upgrade although glad you ended up loving your location. The view is awesome!! :)

It was a lovely lovely view and it was a really fun, albeit soggy at times, day!

What a great view!!:goodvibes Love your picture looking out at the pool!:thumbsup2 I can't wait to hear about your dinner.popcorn::

It was a beautiful view. I can't imagine not using the balcony but it was suprising how few people were out every time we were on it. Guess they were just escaping the heat and staying in their rooms, or everyone was at the parks. Just seemed odd that we rarely saw anyone on their balcony and supposedly the hotel was full.

Finally got to read your update!

I have no idea how you guys weren't shot after all you fit in so far. It must of been adrenaline! :lmao:

Sweet room... too bad you TA took all the credit for it! :rotfl::rotfl:

Now I'm looking forward to hearing about Sanna.

Mug + rum + Coke = :cloud9:

It's such a perfect vacation drink! Even better with coconut rum (in my opinion)

:cloud9:

Finally got to read your update!

I have no idea how you guys weren't shot after all you fit in so far. It must of been adrenaline! :lmao:

I honestly think part of it is we did get great sleep the night before so we went into it really well rested.

Sweet room... too bad you TA took all the credit for it! :rotfl::rotfl:
I'm sure I was a nightmare client so maybe she wanted me to think she was worth it? No idea.

Now I'm looking forward to hearing about Sanna.

Are you?

Well, I'm glad your rooms ended up working out so well in the end!! Your view is pretty!!

I'm a full unpacker too! Of course, I also pack the kiddos stuff in labeled ziploc bags! Yes, I'm a tad OCD! I can't stand the idea of living out of a suitcase! It would be way to stressful!

Can't wait to hear how you liked Sanaa! We haven't been there yet but we'll get there at some point!

Morning Cynthia !!!! You too Marv!!!

Morning Rosie!

However Marv won't get your message, he has yet to (AHEM) make an appearance over here.

Well, I'm glad your rooms ended up working out so well in the end!! Your view is pretty!!

LOVED the view. It was like being home to be honest, they did a great job with the theming in the pool/courtyard area, but in a really nice way.

I'm a full unpacker too! Of course, I also pack the kiddos stuff in labeled ziploc bags! Yes, I'm a tad OCD! I can't stand the idea of living out of a suitcase! It would be way to stressful!

You know what's funny is I do make sure the kids are packed by outfit and confirm that there are multiple outfit options with what they chose and will veto/trade out as needed. They have definite opinions on what they want to bring. I'm of course only speaking for the E's, the big kids pack for themselves. But the whole ziploc thing has always bugged me from a waste standpoint, I just couldn't stand the idea of the empty bags after unpacking, it's bad enough with toiletries! The OCD in me wouldn't want to reuse the bags for something else, some wierd cross contamination thing in my mind.

Plus I figured I'd bring more clothes if it was really an outfit a day versus 4 pairs for shorts for a 2 week trip. On the other hand I overpack for myself so much I could probably ziplock a months worth of outfits!

Not really, I did MUCH better on this trip with only one exception. Maybe two. And I knew it (well, suspected anyway) when I did it, and did it anyway. :rotfl2:

Can't wait to hear how you liked Sanaa! We haven't been there yet but we'll get there at some point!

It's not exactly easy to get to so I can see why a lot of folks don't make it there.

You know what's funny is I do make sure the kids are packed by outfit and confirm that there are multiple outfit options with what they chose and will veto/trade out as needed. They have definite opinions on what they want to bring. I'm of course only speaking for the E's, the big kids pack for themselves. But the whole ziploc thing has always bugged me from a waste standpoint, I just couldn't stand the idea of the empty bags after unpacking, it's bad enough with toiletries! The OCD in me wouldn't want to reuse the bags for something else, some wierd cross contamination thing in my mind.

Plus I figured I'd bring more clothes if it was really an outfit a day versus 4 pairs for shorts for a 2 week trip. On the other hand I overpack for myself so much I could probably ziplock a months worth of outfits!:rotfl:

I'll admit that I hate to waste all those bags but the OCD in me has won out time and time again! When we out our owners locker in Oct of last year I reused some of them to store toiletries and stuff in!

I'm admitting way to much here BUT I know you'll appreciate it! :lmao: I pack the first few days worth of clothes in the bags and label them. Then as I move from day to day throughout the week I write on the bag something like "Day 5, Tee goes with shorts from Day 2" One of the benefits of DVC that I love the most is that the shorts from Day 2 were washed either after pj's were put on day 2 or before left on day 3 ;) :lmao:

I'll admit that I hate to waste all those bags but the OCD in me has won out time and time again! When we out our owners locker in Oct of last year I reused some of them to store toiletries and stuff in!

I'm admitting way to much here BUT I know you'll appreciate it! :lmao: I pack the first few days worth of clothes in the bags and label them. Then as I move from day to day throughout the week I write on the bag something like "Day 5, Tee goes with shorts from Day 2" One of the benefits of DVC that I love the most is that the shorts from Day 2 were washed either after pj's were put on day 2 or before left on day 3 ;) :lmao:

:rotfl2:

I have a feeling you do laundry more than I do!

Though I have to say, a primary attraction for me with DVC is the washing machine, especially after this trip.

He isn't on my TR either, even though I included some German lessons especially for him... :confused3:goodvibes

Well that's something then! complaining about too few people follwing his PTR, in fact begging and whining so much that I made my way over there, and now I read THIS?!

:rotfl2:

I have a feeling you do laundry more than I do!

Though I have to say, a primary attraction for me with DVC is the washing machine, especially after this trip.

I never thought I'd do laundry on vacation! I used to overpack just so I wouldn't have too! But, having the ability to do it in the room makes it sooooo much easier! I'll admit to going home with a bag full of clean clothes too ;)

He isn't on my TR either, even though I included some German lessons especially for him... :confused3:goodvibes

I think we should officially make this "abuse Marv" day. Specifically on threads he isn't on.

Guys, are you in? Dan, it might be a nice change for you :rotfl:

See maybe if we do that he will make is way over to both our threads?

Well that's something then! complaining about too few people follwing his PTR, in fact begging and whining so much that I made my way over there, and now I read THIS?!

me too!

Hmmph.

I never thought I'd do laundry on vacation! I used to overpack just so I wouldn't have too! But, having the ability to do it in the room makes it sooooo much easier! I'll admit to going home with a bag full of clean clothes too ;)

When we stay in condo's we go home with clean clothes as well. Given the length of our trip we did have to do laundry, which ended up with it's own story...

I didn't overpack to avoid laundry though. Shoes (of course) are a given but I overpacked on tee shirts thinking I might wear some (versus sleeveless tops) but it was so hot I think I wore 1 or 2 for a couple of hours in the room and then for the plane ride home, that was it! And I brought several.

I had a feeling I wouldn't need them but then got paranoid at the last minute and tossed in way too many.

They didn't take up much space though.

Good Gracious. I did not realize I had not checked in since before I left.
all caught up now.
Great idea to have the "wake up " breakfast to get going after a red eye.
Can't wait for more.:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter