dr dre beats...any deals??

disney5

Mouseketeer
My son wants the dr dre beats...solo ones
Are $200!!!! For headphones!!!!
Any deals or discount codes would be helpful
Thanks!

I guess this is no different than the $100 bomber jacket I wanted when I was a kid... I have no idea where to get a discount on these but good luck finding one! I know kids can be persistant!

I've heard they break easily - you might want to research them a bit before dropping that much cash on them. I'm all for spending more money to get higher quality, but there's no point to spending that much on something that will be broken in a year...

My son wants the dr dre beats...solo ones
Are $200!!!! For headphones!!!!
Any deals or discount codes would be helpful
Thanks!

I have no idea if Im allowed to say this or not (no flaming please). My DD9 was wanting a pair but no way in the world I was paying $200 for them. I bought a knockoff pair off ioffer.com - they came from China, took about 3 weeks to get here and she can not tell the difference. I paid $15 for them shipped. Im sure the sound quality isnt as good as the original but I doubt thats why kids want them anyway. Several coworkers have bought pairs from the same site and been pleased. I even bought my husband a pair and he says they are very good. Packaging is identical to what you see at Best Buy etc.

***Mods, please delete if Im violating any rules - thanks**

My son is hearing impaired and after reading several poor reviews of Beats I went with Sennheiser ones from Amazon instead. My 15yo DS loves them, I gave them to him for Christmas and he said he's glad I didn't get Beats because he tried his friend's and they aren't as good. I paid about $25 for them. I've also heard that Bose are much better, but they are out of my budget.

I have the beats by dr dre and love them! Normally around the holidays they have a great sale, but a lot of times staples runs them on sale. And if you have staples rewards you can apply them towards the cost :thumbsup2

beats are the worst pair of headphones ive ever yad.I would recommend bose headphones

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

My daughter is on her THIRD pair!!! Now, she has the iBeats, which are only 100. She's broken two pairs, and they've replaced then for free each time. Personally I think that's why they no longer sell the iBeats, as they are prone to breakages. DS has the 200 pair, and so far no problems....

I've had my beats for 2 years with no problem :confused3

If I were going to select an alternative to beats then I would go with Bose. But the Bose are not the same as the beats. I've had both and there's definitely a difference, but for a child, probably not much!

My daughter got Beats in 2009. the sound is better than most but as good as some higher end brands. but they are also much more expensive. The best deals i have found is aroudn the holidays or check your target, best buy or staples flyers. sometimes they offer a gift card with purchase.

I know that breakage has been an issue. DD hasn't broken hers in the 3 years she has owned them. I know that Monster use to manufacture the headphones but now BEATS handles that themselves.

MomToOne said:
I've heard they break easily - you might want to research them a bit before dropping that much cash on them. I'm all for spending more money to get higher quality, but there's no point to spending that much on something that will be broken in a year...

My son has several friends that have or had Beats. Several of his friends have had them break or stop working. My son decided against them because of this and used his money for Bose. His Mom and I have always been Bose owners and we have found that their products hold up and their customer service is AMAZING! I will say the Beats sound great, but their quality is lacking. If my DS had one maybe 2 friends that had an issue that would be one thing, but several, no way.

I work in a high school. These break very easily, so where ever you buy them get the extended warranty. Some of my students are on their fifth pair.

My 15yo DS got a pair for Christmas. He had that at a high school wrestling tournament a week after Christmas and they were stolen from his wrestling bag that was sitting in the bleachers right next to me! :furious: I will never spend that kind of money again on something that can be so easily stolen.

Has he tested them out? My daughter thought she wanted Solos until she tried them on. She found them horribly uncomfortable. She ended up with a different Beats model. Best Buy has a bunch of models and brands that you can try in the store.

My 15yo DS got a pair for Christmas. He had that at a high school wrestling tournament a week after Christmas and they were stolen from his wrestling bag that was sitting in the bleachers right next to me! :furious: I will never spend that kind of money again on something that can be so easily stolen.

My 16yo DS got a pair for Christmas also. He was at church and they were stolen from his bag. Thankfully we figured out who had stolen them and were able to get them back. Unfortunately, he took the serial number off so now it says void in that spot!

I have a pair of solo beats. I don't think they are worth the price. Nice sound quality but made of fairly cheap plastic and there is really no noise cancellation. For such an expensive pair of headphones they should have noise cancellation. But I understand, when you kids wants something they want something!

My son wanted them for Christmas. Because they are so expensive I asked my husband to talk to a few professional sound guys he knows. Most said for personal use they use Bose.

For those of you who have had problems with them breaking, have you emailed the manufacturer? Sometimes that helps, or they will even send you a replacement. They normally stand behind a product that is so expensive

crazyme5kids said:
My son wanted them for Christmas. Because they are so expensive I asked my husband to talk to a few professional sound guys he knows. Most said for personal use they use Bose.

Bose products are incredible! We have many items that are Bose in our household and are about to buy one of their larger sound systems. The quality of their products is amazing.

I had gotten my daughter Beatz for Christmas. I ordered them from Amazon. They broke within a few weeks (something to do with the sound and how you control it). I sent it back to Amazon and got a full refund. She replaced them with a pair made by Skullcandy for $30. from Target and has been very happy with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter