Dr Doofenshmirtz's Unnecessary Trippinator!

DrDoofenshmirtz

Mouseketeer
And, by "unnecessary" I mean completely "necessary"!

Part I: Is it the Dark Side if you're already an evil scientist?

OK, I'm 27 days away from my first vacation in 10 years (since December 2001), and I thought I'd document my random thoughts electronically, in a forum, so as to better subject myself to ridicule. Hense this foray into pre-trip report land.

I did just purchase a digital camera (that I'm still trying to figure out), so when I get around to my actual trip report, I hope to have plenty of photos to distract you all from my insane ramblings.

Alright, here are the details:

On Tuesday, December 6th, I'll fly out of Logan Airport, on Jetblue, a little after 7 AM. I love to fly, and I'm looking forward to Jetblue (this is my first trip with them). I managed to get the extra legroom on the flight down (yay!), but not on the flight back (boo!).

Anyhow, once at MCO, I'm schedueled for a "one way meet & greet ground transfer" to RPR. Hopefully, I'll be able to find them pretty easily. With luck, I should be at RPR by noon. Check in, get ticket, go to USF.

That's right, I plan on USF first. Before Harry Potter. There's just so much more new stuff at USF for me. Since my last trip, they've added The Simpsons, RRR, The Mummy and Shrek. Plus, they changed Earthquake! into Disaster! The plan is to stick around until closing, then back to RPR. By then, my room should be ready (if it isn't when I arrive), so a quick shower, a little rest and then over to Citywalk for some dinner.

The next day, Wednesday, December 7th, it's off to IOA, an hour before opening to take advantage of Potterville! I'm a Potter fan, and greatly looking forward to this. I do plan on skipping the wand ceremony (saw it on Youtube...good enough for me), so I can go straight to FJ. First time through I plan on going the standby route to get a look at the queue. After that, I'll likely single-rider it a couple of times before moving on to Dueling Dragons, seeing the shops and (finally) sampling Butterbeer (frozen, of course). I'm a big (translation: chubby) guy, but I'm 50/50 on whether I'll be able to fit on the regular seats at FJ. There's no doubt, however, that I'll manage on the larger seats.

After Potterville, I'll head back to Dr Seuss, then around clockwise, riding everything of interest to me (except the water rides). I'll do the water rides last, so I can head back to RPR afterward to clean up, get changed and head out to Citywalk.

My final full day at Universal is Thursday (the 8th), which I'll start at IOA (with HP), before switching over to USF. With an early start, and Universal Express on my side, I'm sure I'll be able to revisit all my faves. I may even make it back to IOA at the end of the day to get soaked once more on Bluto, Dudley DoRight and Jurassic Park.

I'll check out of RPR around 8 or 9 AM on Friday (the 9th), and grab a taxi over to POFQ for Part II of the trip.

I'm in!

We had a very similar itinerary for our July trip- USF first, on arrival day, so we could be nice and fresh the next morning for HP/IoA, and then another early morning return to HP.

Sounds like a wonderful plan. Can't wait to see the pictures from your new camera!

sounds like a good plan that you have for the parks.

not all the rides at the studio are open when the park opens.
there are a few that have an hour delay for start up.

hey......don't forget to take in universal horror make up show........

Thanks for the feedback, folks.

Have no fear, I'll definitely see the Horror make-up show. It's my favorite show in any theme park. :thumbsup2

Sounds great! Looking forward to hearing all about it. We made our 1st trip to Potterville last month and we absolutely loved it! :thumbsup2

Alright, it's time for me take over the whole tri-state area...er, I mean...it's time for me to head to the dark side. My taxi will be here in just about 8 hours, and I should be at the RPR by noon tomorrow.

I'll try to take a lot of pictures, but being an evil (and forgetful) scientist, I may...um...forget. :headache:

But, I'll do my best. I'll be home late next week, and will try to post (at least) a preliminary trip report while I figure out how to get the pixels from my camera to DIS board.

:cool1:

tie a string around your finger so you won't forget...!!

i'm quoting my grandma here...... :rolleyes1

I just got back tonight. I'll try and get a trip report up this weekend (while the memories are still fresh). I did remember to take pictures (about 450 of them....yay!), but I think at least half of them will come out blurry because I moved the camera too soon (boo!). Anyhow, I propably won't even get to the pictures until after the holidays, so whichever ones aren't too terrible will be posted down the line.

But, at least I didn't forget. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter