DP credits for other things?

LoriNKY

Earning My Ears
I've never seen this brought up, or posted anywhere else (unless I missed something), so I doubt it's even true, but I thought if anyone would know, it would be here...

So, my MIL called me last night and said she read online that unused dining credits can be redeemed for gift shop merchandise. It's apparently a "well kept secret" according to what she read. - And I have no idea where she read it.
DH and I are both really skeptical about this, but I figured I'd ask around and see if anyone knew this to be true, or some crazy internet rumor. :confused3

Some resorts have bags of candy or snacks in the gift shop you can use the credits for.

But you can't buy a shirt with the dining plan credits.

Some resorts have bags of candy or snacks in the gift shop you can use the credits for.

Yep. It's honestly better to use those snacks for stuff in the parks. The bags of popcorn or loliops in the resort gift shops are lacking.

We did that last time. If we wind up with extras on the next trip I'll load up on rice krispie treats fresh from a park bakery.

This is what I know to be true. I'm wondering if she didn't misinterpret exactly WHAT can be purchased at the gift shops with credits.
At the end of our trip last year we had tons of snack credits left, so we grabbed lots of snacky foods from the food court for the drive home. I think I only recently tossed out a box of Nilla Wafers from then. LOL!

You can get snacks from the gift shop using credits. But you can't buy merchandise like toys or shirts with them.

The only exception I can remember was in the early days of free dining, the table service restaurants got booked up, so guests were allowed to trade in their table service credits for a counter service meal plus an extra item, like a bag or lanyard. They don't do that anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter