Downtown Disney

TalkDisnerdytome

Mouseketeer
I will be in Disneyland 3 weeks from now, super excited. But I will be at my hotel on the day before (GCH). What are some things to do around the hotel I am staying at that you would recommend or somethings to do/places to eat at downtown Disney. I normally get to Disney with no time to spare so most of the time is spent in the parks or quickly back to the hotel and then just as quickly back to the parks. I have only ever eaten at the Rainforest Cafe in DTD, and that's mainly for atmosphere. What are some good places to eat? Also I will be 21 for the first time while at Disneyland, what are some good places to drink day/night? I have two kids both under 5 if there is anything you can recommend doing at DTD for them too please let me know. Also I will be with family whom are willing to watch the little ones so don't hesitate to recommend something that they won't be able to attend. We plan on doing something later in the day when they are asleep at the hotel with their great-grandparents. I have been to both the hotel and DTD plenty of times but worry that I am still missing out on somethings.

The kids may enjoy the ESPN zone arcade area. You can eat downstairs and then go play games upstairs. They have a bar upstairs too which is nice :) My son enjoyed going here

We always arrive in the early afternoon and spend our first day exploring DTD. I think it's a fun way to kick of the trip. We really love Ralph Brennan's for dinner.

We have also scheduled a character dinner at Goofy's Kitchen for our first night in the past. It's a really fun way to give your little kids a taste of what's to come. It's also nice to get some of those character meetings out of the way.

On our upcoming trip (February 28-March 4th), we'll eat at Tortilla Jo's. I've read a lot of good reviews of this restaurant lately on these boards. I can't wait to try their margaritas! Another good place for drinks would be at Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar at the Disneyland Hotel.

There are lots of shops to explore, my son (4 years old) especially loves the Lego store and World of Disney. It's always fun to pick out a few treats from Marceline's to keep in our hotel room for mid-day breaks etc.

Hope you have a great trip!

We always arrive in the early afternoon and spend our first day exploring DTD. I think it's a fun way to kick of the trip. We really love Ralph Brennan's for dinner.

We have also scheduled a character dinner at Goofy's Kitchen for our first night in the past. It's a really fun way to give your little kids a taste of what's to come. It's also nice to get some of those character meetings out of the way.

On our upcoming trip (February 28-March 4th), we'll eat at Tortilla Jo's. I've read a lot of good reviews of this restaurant lately on these boards. I can't wait to try their margaritas! Another good place for drinks would be at Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar at the Disneyland Hotel.

There are lots of shops to explore, my son (4 years old) especially loves the Lego store and World of Disney. It's always fun to pick out a few treats from Marceline's to keep in our hotel room for mid-day breaks etc.

Hope you have a great trip!
Oh margaritas great idea, and here is something super crazy, I will be at Disneyland from Feb 28th to March 4th as well and I too have a 4 year old son. This is weird. And yes I am thinking about taking my son into the lego store he is really into lego's right now. And will definetly have to pick up some snacks/treats to keep in the room/eat while in lines the next day.

How about swimming? The GCH has a really nice pool area. I know it's Feb, but right now it's 86 in Anaheim and tomorrow is supposed to be 90! Of course you never know what the weather will be in 3 weeks time, but a lot of kids would still swim when it's mid-70's so be sure to pack swimsuits just in case!
I also was going to suggest a character meal (for the kids) and Trader Sam's (for the grown ups). I'm not sure, but I heard that Goofy's Kitchen is closed right now and they are doing a character dinner at PPH instead. Not sure how long that will be going on.
Have fun!

Oh margaritas great idea, and here is something super crazy, I will be at Disneyland from Feb 28th to March 4th as well and I too have a 4 year old son. This is weird. And yes I am thinking about taking my son into the lego store he is really into lego's right now. And will definetly have to pick up some snacks/treats to keep in the room/eat while in lines the next day.

How funny! I think we both picked a great time to go! We went this time last year and the crowds weren't bad at all and the weather was great. Hoping for a repeat for this trip!

If you want a nice quiet break and a great cocktail, check out the Hearthstone Lounge in the Grand Californian.
The Irish coffee is spectacular.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter