Downtown Disney

DBurdette

Mouseketeer
I've heard that Downtown Disney is being revamped. Also heard it's a mess. Is this true? Coming at the end of this month and don't know what to expect.

As PP said - construction walls everywhere, especially around Pleasure Island/Paradiso 37. The bus stop in this area is closed, and the boat launch at the Marketplace is closed. Parking is a disaster. However, I don't think it's that bad if you are staying on-site and willing to take the bus from your resort.

And the only bus stop is at the marketplace end, so long walk to the old Pleasure Island center and even longer to Westside. (when it re-opens, there will be a new single bus stop near the center of the Springs near the old bus stop, and the Marketplace bus stop will close.)

There is a boat shuttle between Westside and Pleasure Island but the shuttle over to Marketplace was suspended last I knew due to the bridges being built.

So yes it's a mess. You can get in and out of the marketplace stores via the bus stop but the rest is hard.

Maybe prices to Cirque du Soleil will fall this summer...

We were there at the end of May and it was a mess! We took the boat from POR to PI and it felt like we were cattle being herded in between construction walls. I would avoid it until it is finished to be honest!

We are going to Orlando at a time share with family. So not on grounds. But the kids - ages 6-10 (5 kids) have never been to Disney Quest. how hard is it to maneuver to do that? And are the most popular shops like lego, marketplace, still accessible.?

DTD is very tough to navigate at this time. Parking took a mess and made it into a nightmare. The best choice is to park behind Cirque or across the street at Team Disney. The only other option is to valet. Sorry there will be alot of walking around construction zones.

The land of cranes and construction walls is a fitting title for the pictures on this link. Kathy gives a good summary of what is going on.
http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2014/06/24/downtown-disney-land-of-construction-walls-and-cranes/

The lego store is surrounded by walls but still accessible. Disney quest is near Cirque.

As PP said - construction walls everywhere, especially around Pleasure Island/Paradiso 37. The bus stop in this area is closed, and the boat launch at the Marketplace is closed. Parking is a disaster. However, I don't think it's that bad if you are staying on-site and willing to take the bus from your resort.

We were there last month, stayed on-site & took the the resort bus, as mentioned above, with no problems. :thumbsup2

Yes it's a mess but I wouldn't say to the point where you should avoid it (only if you are using a Disney bus though). All stores, including Disney Quest, are still very accessible. I would avoid busy times like weekends, and maybe shoot for a mid-afternoon visit if possible when crowds are lowest.

We were there at the end of May and it was a mess! We took the boat from POR to PI and it felt like we were cattle being herded in between construction walls. I would avoid it until it is finished to be honest!

We were there the week after Memorial Day, and I'd rather take a beating than try to drive and park down there on a Fri/Sat night (any night, really).

I've heard that Downtown Disney is being revamped. Also heard it's a mess. Is this true? Coming at the end of this month and don't know what to expect.

Yes!!! Honestly, we've been here a week, and easily the worst part of our trip!!

And we usually go to DD at least twice each trip--- we went to the movies, and the walk to the bus stop seemed endless!! When we got there, there were tons of ppl waiting , and all of the lines were merging together !!

We waited around 45 mins for our CBR bus--- was only time we went Downtown the entire week!!!

You're better off avoiding it.

Why? We were there 2 weeks ago and, yes, it was crowded. It's ALWAYS crowded. There was plenty of parking across the street but we found places very close to the shop entrances all three times we went including on the weekend. We had to walk around some construction walls but there were signs everywhere that were very easy to follow.

Go and have fun. We did!

We aren't planning to go to DTD this next trip. We usually go on the Saturday we get there but it is way too crowded on the weekends and with all the current stuff we won't be going.

I have also cancelled a Raglan Road ADR and decided on going to Epcot for our first afternoon. I usually do DTD on arrival day.

So if we were to go early, like when DD opens we would probably have better luck at parking. Do y'all suggest still parking across street or behind cirque. We were gonna stay most of day at Disney quest and eat quick service at DD Still ok idea?

We were thinking of taking the boat from POR to DTD, eat at Fultons then do DQ. Will this be really difficult to do now?

Has anyone used the boat shuttle from SSR over to the West Side? I'm wondering how that's working right now. DS11 really wants to go to Disney Quest and we have park hoppers & more so I'd like to get him there once or twice if possible...

So if we were to go early, like when DD opens we would probably have better luck at parking. Do y'all suggest still parking across street or behind cirque. We were gonna stay most of day at Disney quest and eat quick service at DD Still ok idea?

If you are there at opening or even in the first few hours you will be fine to park in the main lots. The Cirque lot is closed not until the end of the month I believe and I would definitely not head across the street first thing in the day. I was there a lot during the first of June and then three times the week of July 4 and had no problems parking in the main lots as late as 2:30.

Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter