• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Downtown DIsney Store ????

i_hrt_mickey

Mouseketeer
I was looking at the map of DTD and noticed a new store, Disney's Designatee, and was wondering if any of my fellow dis'er had created a tee and if so are they the average price of a regular Disney tee? and are they a good quality tee?

if so we might just have to make a tee on our trip in June... :lmao:

thanks

I hate to respond when I am no help whatsoever, but where did you find a map of DTD? I have been trying to find one, but obviously not looking in the right place.

I found a blog from someone who covered the grand opening of Design-A-Tee last year, and they listed the prices as ranging between $18 and $31. That was a year ago, so unsure if the prices have changed and I have not visited this store myself.

And, MomofSix, you can always use the interactive map on the official Disney World website:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/destinations/downtown-disney/
Just click the "View Map" link on the right side.

We were just there this week. We did not purchase a tshirt, so I can't help on the prices, but it looked pretty impressive. Lots of computers so you can design your own shirt with characters and text. Looked like you could do pretty much anything you could dream up and the quality looked to be good from what I saw. You can also get Mouse Ears monogrammed there...

We did this last May and it was a fun process. Just make sure you have time to either wait for your t-shirt to come out OR hit this store early in your DD trip, make your shirt and then go shop elsewhere and come back to pick it up before you leave. Don't really recall the price - but I don't think it was anymore expensive than any other t-shirt you get at Disney!

As PP said, the price can range from around 20ish up to 32, is what I think we paid, we got long sleeve tees.

It is very cool, plenty of pictures to choose from and you can personalize it, put dates on it.....etc.

In short sleeves they have the plenty of colors, but for long sleeves just a few, which I would like to see more of.

The material is a very thin material, not heavy and so far has held up. (we got them the first week of Dec. and I wear mine once a week).

Was it worth it??? Yes to us it was, but I can see where others wouldn't like the thin material. But I do, don't like a bulky t-shirt.

We would do it again in a heartbeat, and when we return I have plans to make 2!! LOL

DH and I made T's last June nad the 2 were $56, but they were extended size T's with just the design. The shirts were a nice quality, not like some of the Disney Shirts I have bought.

Suzanne

Thanks to all the replies... Not much diffrence in making one and ordering one... but sounds much cooler to make one, at least you know it was your ideas... thanks again my fellow dis'er :thumbsup2

I can't wait to go there in October. My husband is a huge fan of Phineas and Ferb and it is impossible to find a t shirt in his size.

Thanks to all the replies... Not much diffrence in making one and ordering one... but sounds much cooler to make one, at least you know it was your ideas... thanks again my fellow dis'er :thumbsup2

I think the most fun thing about it was being able to personalize it. I added a sortof funny quote on my birthday shirt and no where but at WDW would I wear a birthday shirt. They had some many different iron ons to choose from, then being able to go one step further with it was awesome. I am a really pooh sized woman and I can't normally find Disney shirts to order, so this was even better for me.

Suzanne

Where is this shop? I've looked at the map but I must be overlooking it.

Where is this shop? I've looked at the map but I must be overlooking it.

If you take a bus to DTD and get off at the Marketplace stop (first stop), it is the first shop on your right, across from the side of the Christmas Shop. It used to be Wonderful World of Memories.

It is shop #34 of I hrt mickey's map

Suzanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter