Downtown Disney restaurants

ourmagic

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,
Trying to figure out a good restaurant (good food) to go to in downtown disney with friends we have not seen in a long time.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

The only Restaurant we've been to is Earl of Sandwich. The price is very reasonable. It's counter service with table both in and outside the restaurant. It's also on the Dining Plan for counter service.

I've heard that Raglan Road is a good restaurant if you like Irish cusine.

:) I vote for Fulton's...expensive as heck (Alaskan Crab legs their specialty $54)....but so worth it....my parents were floored with how good it was...and we live on the Gulf Coast and know seafood. The crab claws are huge, about the size of a small fist..cracked for you by the kitchen served with potatoes. The calimari is to die for---by far the best we have ever eaten--I think it is marinated in milk. MIL always gets a steak and loves it. Good creme brule.....warm towels after you eat your crab....fabulous....have to go I am drooling..:cloud9:

Raglan Road is a fun place to eat and meet with friends, both inside and on the outside dining area.

I wish I could say I like Fultons, but have been disappointed.

Turf Club at SSR is bettter than many of the DtD places.

House of Blues is fun as well.

Another vote for Raglan Road. The restaurant is beautiful. If you like Irish music - stick around after dinner. The restaurant has some interesting ways it presents the food.

Janis

We ate at Rainforest Cafe this past March. The food was great and we only waited a few minutes for a table. My son loved the "animals".

We also like Raglan Road, buy my vote would be for Wolfgang Puck. DH and I had an amazing meal there on our last trip. Their signature chicken dish is fantastic!

Another vote for Raglan Road. They have wonderful live entertainment and you must get the Daltrey Duo as an appetizer with one of their beer flights. :thumbsup2

Thank you for the responses. I am staying at Saratoga and our friends are not doing the parks. We thought this area would be a great place to meet and eat.

Portobello Yacht Club is our favorite. Excellent food, wine, atmosphere.

Try it out.

Earl Of Sandwich - Good lunch spot but limited seating.
Bongos - Fun at night when the band is playing.
T-Rex - Food was good and kids love it. Large menu.
Rain Forest Cafe - Another kids favorite and even larger menu.
Fultons Crab House - Fun to be on the water. Pricey.
Wolfgang Pucks express or sit down - Good selection and good food.

We love Fultons! Their crab cakes are exceptional and we love the crab/(lobster?) bisque. You get a DVC discount.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Another vote for Raglan Road at DTD and Turf Club at SSR.

If looking for something less expensive -

Wolfgang Puck Express Marketplace side
Earl of Sandwich

I vote for Wolfgang Puck Cafe which is the sit down restaurant on the West Side of DTD. The food has been great every time we've gone. I particularly like the pumpkin ravioli w/ grilled chicken :cloud9:

Wolfgang Puck Express is one of our favorites. :thumbsup2

I second that:thumbsup2 It tastes fresh and healthy and the service is excellent! Although drinks are self serve, a waiter will come by and refill your drinks. They are attentive and friendly and the food is great!!!

We were thinking of celebrating our *almost* 19 yr anniversary when we're in the World in Aug.-- right now we're booked for Turf Club--has anyone been to Captain Jack's?? How would you compare the two?

We were thinking of celebrating our *almost* 19 yr anniversary when we're in the World in Aug.-- right now we're booked for Turf Club--has anyone been to Captain Jack's?? How would you compare the two?

Personally, I'd give Turf Club an 8 on a scale of 1 to 10 and Captain Jacks a 2. I really did not enjoy it, the one thing it has going for it is that it is right on the water and you can look at the marina. But it was one of those places where the whole family unanimously agreed to never eat there again, where Turf Club we all enjoyed and will eat at repeatedly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter