Downtown Disney Restaurants - favorites?

ArielDreams

Mouseketeer
I'm going to Universal in less than 2 weeks (yay Hogwarts!) but I think one night we'll head over to Downtown Disney for shopping/dinner (we didn't get to go on our last Disney trip). I've been disappointed with a couple restaurants there before - it would be helpful if I could remember which ones. I actually haven't been in years but I know I don't like Planet Hollywood.

So I wanted to ask - what are people's favorite restaurants at Downtown Disney? We're looking for moderate to low price range, any kind of cuisine. Also, what about crowd levels? Are there some that are impossible to get into/always swamped? Thanks!

We like Earl of Sandwich for a quick service meal. I have only been there at lunch and it has been a bit crowded.

Earl of Sandwich was very good IMO, although it was a bit crowded. We also ate at Cap'n Jack's which was ok - side note DS2 LOVED the grilled chicken breast there though.....he wouldn't stop eating it!. I've heard good things about Fulton's Crab House as well ~ we wanted to eat there but couldn't get a reservation. Also, there's Rainforest Cafe but I personally think their food is overpriced for what you are getting.

You could try Wolfgang Puck Express. It's a nice mix of counter service and table service. You order your food at the counter like usual, and they give you a number and you go find a table. When your food is ready a server will bring it to you. It's on actual plates, and its not plastic flatware. They'll also refill your drinks for you. The menu is pretty extensive and the servings are huge. It's a bit more expensive than a typical counter service place but less expensive than most table service meals at Disney.

We went twice, and had different stuff each time. The first time I had one of their wood fired pizzas which is quite sizable particularly as its really meant for one person. My friend had bacon wrapped meatloaf. Both were really good and are presented like a sit down restaurants meals. The second time was kind of spur of the moment (we had time before we had to go to the airport). That time I had chicken fingers and herbed fries, they weren't like greasy kid version chicken, and the fries were good if not just a little over seasoned for my taste. My friend had a chopped turkey salad which was colossal and had slabs of turkey on it. There's a few desserts to pick from as well, the first trip we both had creme brulee and the second time I had cheesecake and she had a brownie.

Around big meal times, it can be busy, but people move through it pretty quickly.

I really like WPE for CS, or the Cafe for TS. They both have mostly the same salads and pizzas on their menu, but if you want an actual TS meal, eat at the Cafe, the CS is a better value though.

We had a great meal at WPCafe, across from the movies. The food was excellent!

Blues is one of my favorites. I don't know what you mean by moderate to low price. I find the food there to be filling and a good value.

A lot of people don't give Bongo's much credit, but I have heard that it is very good and reasonable portions/prices (at least in Miami reviews). It also looks very neat and have tentatively planned an evening "snack" there.

Also, try Wolfgang Puck Cafe. Again, I have heard it is reasonable portions and price.

Earl of Sandwich is a glorified Subway.
No, you are wrong. The Earl has a lot more seating, and the seats themselves are made of the finest wood. Plus, the Earl has those little cups of delicious Cole Slaw and Potato Salad. The last time I was there I didn't eat any of the sandwiches, but spent almost $ 20 on the Slaw and P.Salad.

The House of Blues is great plus you can go to restaurant.com and get gift certificates cheap. I got a $25 GC for $2. They have larger ones too. The shrimp appetizer and the burger is outstanding.

Raglan Road is our new favorite moderate DTD eatery. Fulton's and Portbello's are both very good too but more pricey. We like Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck Express for something less expensive. Earl of Sandwich gets busy but the line moves fast and there is seating indoor and out so that helps too.

Oh! and I forgot to mention T-Rex too! It is one of my favorites! But if you want to get in, you'll definitely need a reservation because it stays full.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter