Downtown Disney Rennovations

I'm staying at SSR 5/09 and I requested Congress Park so I could easily walk over to Downtown Disney (which I have never done, even though DH and I go to DD constantly on our trips). Given the construction, do you think I'll be dealing with a lot of noise? Or is the whole project too early stages for that to be an issue?

I'm staying at SSR 5/09 and I requested Congress Park so I could easily walk over to Downtown Disney (which I have never done, even though DH and I go to DD constantly on our trips). Given the construction, do you think I'll be dealing with a lot of noise? Or is the whole project too early stages for that to be an issue?
they have started the work on the bridge between Saratoga and DTD I'm not sure how much noise you will be experiencing tho I would maybe check the resort boards for more info on that.

There are some video updates on YouTube. The bridge abutments are under way and the piles appear to be driven. The pile driving would be the noisy part but from what I cans see, this will be done by May 9th. I used to build bridges for a living so I have some background to make that assessment. We love DD as well which is why we bought our DVC at SSR. We are head down on 5/10 and I'm hoping things are starting to take shape when we visit.

There are some video updates on YouTube. The bridge abutments are under way and the piles appear to be driven. The pile driving would be the noisy part but from what I cans see, this will be done by May 9th. I used to build bridges for a living so I have some background to make that assessment. We love DD as well which is why we bought our DVC at SSR. We are head down on 5/10 and I'm hoping things are starting to take shape when we visit.

Great, thank you so much!

While it will be good to see some new things, I have to say that I'm extremely depressed about losing one of my family's favorite places - the Margarita Bar along the waterfront by Captain Jack's. Our routine every trip was to check in at Old Key West and take the boat over and start the vacation with some of the best (read strongest!) drinks around. One of my favorite times there happened last June on a rainy afternoon when a couple of us sat there for hours, sipping rum runners and listening to the live music. We will REALLY miss this :-(

Just bumping this in case anyone who has been recently has any updates to share. Is anything new open yet? Opening soon? Confirmed to be on its way?

Just bumping this in case anyone who has been recently has any updates to share. Is anything new open yet? Opening soon? Confirmed to be on its way?

I know that the "Co-Op" store is going to be opening relatively soon. Which is great news, I'm not sure about anything else.:thumbsup2

Anyone know if the Sosa's cigar bar Fuego will be returning? On a recent trip, a friend saw an artist's rendering of the new DD and Fuego was in the picture! The original Fuego was torn down last fall...:confused3:firefight

Anyone know if the Sosa's cigar bar Fuego will be returning? On a recent trip, a friend saw an artist's rendering of the new DD and Fuego was in the picture! The original Fuego was torn down last fall...:confused3:firefight
I would assume they just gave it the new disney springs paint job.

Speaking of DD renos, any thoughts on how that parking garage is going to look? It doesn't feel "Disney" to me... It makes me nervous. Thoughts? Predictions?

Speaking of DD renos, any thoughts on how that parking garage is going to look? It doesn't feel "Disney" to me... It makes me nervous. Thoughts? Predictions?

Well, it's a parking garage. The huge parking lot with no availability wasn't anything but a parking lot either. Really if you are staying at a resort, you don't use the parking anyway, so it might not matter? We were there yesterday-- 8 tracks and the comedy warehouse are torn apart, and you have to use the lake side walkway to get from one end to the other. Couldn't tell if the adventurers club was ripped apart-- we could only see the back, which looked the same. Ate at splitzville-- it was reasonable, good size portions, and quite good. 12$ for a big pulled pork sandwich and a huge pile of fries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter