• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Downtown Disney questions

kacaju

DIS Veteran
I am asking for a friend....She is heading down to Orlando next week with her mom and niece and nephew. They are going there for the big Eukanuba dog show. They are driving down from NJ, and really only have time to go to the show..plus they will have their dogs with them... I am trying to see what they can do in Downtown Disney for an evening...This will be the kids first time to FL. and they have no time to do Disney....they will be so close..I would love to give her a few ideas if there is any free activities or shows that go on in the evening that they may jump on over to see.

I have not been there in a few years now..I know there was a dance show while we were there...not sure if it was regular thing or were we lucky? I told her to at least bring the kids to walk around and see the Disney magic....forgot it will be decked out for Christmas!!

I told her she should take the kids there for dinner one night..they will have no time for big shows or Disney quest...due to having the dogs and or grandma may be left at the hotel with the dogs so the friend can take them. Kids are 14 and 12 the 14 year old is showing her dog too...so they will be so busy...the 12 year old is going along to help with all the dog equipment (plus since he has never been to FL it gets him there to see it) I wish they had more time....but they really don't so that is why I figured if they can get away 1 night to experience DD they would have fun. Even for a little bit..which is why I am looking more for free activities vs. one you would pay for. Thanks for any ideas!!

I would suggest dinner at WPE and then the dance party across the way. My niece 5 and grandson 13 had a great time. I think the dance party is every night.
We were there on a Thursday.

Go to " The Boardwalk "

It is on the same side of the road as DTD. but heading towards Animal Kingdom

The Swan & Dolphin Hotel is connected to it

Here you can enjoy evening entertainment ( for youngish children )

& boat rides . Stop at the Lighthouse & see the fireworks .

Park in the Free Self Parking area after showing your Drivers Licence

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter