• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Downtown Disney Parking

vakamalua

DIS Veteran
Will be there the first week in December and have a car. Would like to go over to Downtown Disney but heard that the parking is a nightmare with all the construction.

Anybody have any current news about the status of DTD and parking there? Thanks.

Word is that the west side parking garage may open soon in some capacity. Cast members first.

It's a very fluid situation. But unless that garage opens to the public, expect it to still be a nightmare. Parking was congested before work began and they've since lost large sections of the old lots to the garage, construction staging, etc.

One word. Taxi. Sooo glad we let someone else drive us in that mess! Cost $10-$15 including tip one way and worth every dime.

December is just a busy month always. If weather allows...use the boats from the resorts. Usually a pleasant ride. Buses will be packed at times depending on which resort you are at. Merry Christmas to all who come....including me!

I was there a week ago and had no problem parking in the west side lot. Yes, the roads are ripped up and traffic can be a problem but there was always room in the west side lot. You then just take the water taxi over to the Marketplace. The Marketplace dock is in the middle of the new pedestrian bridge.

We parked across the street. It was a bit of a hike, but I preferred it. It's less stressful to just pull in, pick a spot, and walk than to circle around and try to follow a family that's leaving.

We were at downtown disney last night and one other time this past week. I've heard the parking garage is opening soon but it looks like a few weeks to me. Traffic getting in was heavy but we found parking spots easily both times. It was a bit if a hike from our spot but doable. Arrive early if you can and go on a weekday for more choices.

resort buses might be a good plan too.

We were there a couple of weeks ago and used the buses. They were good but they only go to the East side, so if you have a reservation for a place on the West side, be sure to leave yourself time to walk there through all the construction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter