Downtown Disney Hotels

What is your favorite hotel located at DTD? We will not be arriving in Orlando on our arrival date until early evening and thought we might stay somewhere close to DTD for a relaxing dinner and maybe take in Cirque de Soleil before turning in and then checking into the Boardwalk the next AM.

Are any of the hotels within distance? Are the hotels any more expensive then if we stay at Saratoga Springs for one night?

Thanks for the advice!

www.royalplaza.com

That's where I'll be staying in December. It will re-open in September.

Have you checked w/ www.mousesavers.com? You can get really good deals through them, especially at the above hotel (which is in Downtown Disney).

Hope that helps!

I like Best Western Lake Buena Vista, about a 15 minute stroll form Downtown Disney. There is a site available with a special rate of $69.00 a night for most of the summer, I'll find it for you if interested. Rooms have two queen size beds I believe and balconies, many of the views from the upper floor rooms are of Downtown Disney and/or toward the Parks.

Phrank

i love the Doubletree guest suites at DTD
it was great rooms were HUGE
the staff was aweseom
we got a great rate at mousesavers.com
we walked to DTD on several occassion it was very close

Since you're moving to the Boardwalk, I'd stay with Disney the first night. No matter which one you stay with, even a value, they will move you into the Boardwalk while you are at the parks for the day. How easy is that!

Stayed at the Royal Plaza, Wyndham Palace and Marriot (now Holiday Inn). All were nice, especially the Royal Plaza and Wyndham. Within walking distance to Downtown Disney, and all offer very comfortable transportation to and from the parks. Plus, you can usually find a really good rate at one of the seven hotels here on Hotel Plaza Blvd.
However, where you are moving to a Disney hotel the next day, it might be more convenient to stay at a value rated Disney hotel and let them move your bags for you the next day as the previous poster had mentioned.

Good point Stacy! Maybe a one night stay at SSR would be in order just for the fact that we wouldn't have to deal with moving our luggage ourselves.

Have any of your guys had good luck with Disney them move your luggage from one resort to another before?

-Tom in SC

CdeSade said:
www.royalplaza.com

That's where I'll be staying in December. It will re-open in September.

Have you checked w/ www.mousesavers.com? You can get really good deals through them, especially at the above hotel (which is in Downtown Disney).

Hope that helps!

I thought they were opening August 1st?? We have ressies there for the week of august 8th and havent gotten any notice that they werent going to be opened? :confused3

RebelHawk said:
Good point Stacy! Maybe a one night stay at SSR would be in order just for the fact that we wouldn't have to deal with moving our luggage ourselves.

Have any of your guys had good luck with Disney them move your luggage from one resort to another before?
I'm interested too... we're tentatively planning to drive down a day early, and I'd love to have Disney schlep our stuff to POR if they can do it reliably.

Though I haven't done it myself. My very good friends have done it twice and have raved about it each time. Piece of cake man!

I started thinking about the fact that if I am going to spend the money to stay at a Disney Hotel then I might just as well book that date at The Boardwalk and not worry about transfers or moving from one hotel to another. :earboy2:

Now I just have to hope that I can get that Saturday night as well...

-Tom in SC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter