Downtown Disney Hotels Vs Bonnet Creek

bkgilliam

Earning My Ears
Ok so I am so indecisive about this hotel situation. Currently we are at LBV which is a good deal. However, I have been looking at the Hilton because of the EMH and it is only a little more money to stay there. I have also looked into bonnet creek resorts and wondering if those are considered on disney property. We have a car but I wanna be able to easily catch a shuttle to the parks. Also you can take strollers on the shuttles right. I just wanted some inside into the hotels. Thanks in advance.:love::grouphug:

Ok so I am so indecisive about this hotel situation. Currently we are at LBV which is a good deal. However, I have been looking at the Hilton because of the EMH and it is only a little more money to stay there. I have also looked into bonnet creek resorts and wondering if those are considered on disney property. We have a car but I wanna be able to easily catch a shuttle to the parks. Also you can take strollers on the shuttles right. I just wanted some inside into the hotels. Thanks in advance.:love::grouphug:

The Bonnet Creek hotels are not technically on Disney property, although you must go thru Disney in order to get to them. You don't get any of the onsite perks staying there, but the Wyndham Grand, Waldorf, and Hilton are all very nice hotels. They also have decent dedicated shuttles to the parks. the Waldorf/Hilton is a shared shuttle between the two (connected) hotels, and the Wyndham Grand has it's own shuttle. This could potentially be an advantage over DTD hotels since they tend to share busses between mutliple hotels.

If WDW doesn't offer a room discount for June 2012, we are looking at Holiday Inn at DTD or the Hilton Bonnet Creek. On the Hilton website they have a package called Bonus Nights (every 4th night stay is free). We are staying for 9 days so we should receive 2 nights free. If I did the calculations correctly the amount is cheaper than a WDW value resort.:banana:

The other option at Bonnet Creek, of course, is to rent a timeshare from an owner through one of the services often mentioned here. The Wyndham Grand is one building, but there are SIX other timeshare towers at WBC which offer very nice accommodations and lots of amenities. WBC is a VERY nice property, as you can see from the "We love WBC" and WBC photo threads. They also have their own Disney shuttles, independant of the Grand.

Obviously prices vary, but I typically see posts of people renting WBC two-bedrooms for $100-$120 per night. That's a direct rental from an owner, and you are not obligated to take a timeshare tour or attend a sales presentation.

I've stayed on Disney once, and in the DTD area hotels twice (soon to be three times), and I really like the the DTD area much better. I really enjoy having Downtown Disney walking distance away. It's great for evening entertainment, even if it's just strolling through the shops.

The idea of being able to walk, rather than wait for a bus to take me there was a selling point for me. Plus they have great transportation to the parks.

personally i will never stay at a hotel again. to crammed..need space..so go to Wyndham Bonnet Creek..just got back..exceptional..clean..and 2 bd was just $80 a nite..sure beats a hotel and the price is better..has good shuttle to all the parks. Had a 14th flr bldg 4 fireworks view of illuminations..awesome..kids loved it. Will go back..its on disney property ( not officially)...but right in the middle of all the action. Great staff. try vacationstrategy.com..for best rates.

Thanks everyone for the replies. My husband tells me to either keep the buena vista pcrayalace or just make up my mind. I guess i am driving him crazy.:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter