Downtown Disney hotel v.s. Wyndham Bonnet Creek condo w/ kitchen

hillell02

Earning My Ears
I have narrowed my search to a condo at wyndham bonnet creek (has a kitchen and would be 120 a night) OR a downtown Disney hotel like the hilton, wyndham or buena vista palace (all of which I can get a fairly good deal w/ jet blue vacation pkg- but no kitchen). Essentially the prices between the Hilton and Bonnet creek condo are similar. the others are cheaper with airfare included

I am having trouble prioritizing having a kitchen and saving time and money on breakfast and snacks/lunch to go OR having DTD across the street and saving time and energy being able to walk there for the evening.

we are traveling with 2 kids (7,9) and will be there for 4-5 nights. 2 days at disney parks and 1 day at IoA. PS I am a sucker for those extra fun pools/lazy river.

WWYD?
Thanks,
Hill

As a DVC owner, I appreciate the extra room, kitchen, and living area that a condo unit can provide. However, the advantages of a condo are probably much more of an advantage for a trip longer than 4 or 5 nights. For a relatively short trip, I'd go the least expensive option that includes airfare. It is doubtful you'll be spending a lot of time in the room during a short stay, and it is unlikely that you'd save enough by simply having breakfast in the room to offset the cost of air travel.

thanks chuck! if the price were fairly equal. would you pick the dtd location for easy acesss or the nice pools/kitchen at bonnet creek

I have narrowed my search to a condo at wyndham bonnet creek (has a kitchen and would be 120 a night) OR a downtown Disney hotel like the hilton, wyndham or buena vista palace (all of which I can get a fairly good deal w/ jet blue vacation pkg- but no kitchen). Essentially the prices between the Hilton and Bonnet creek condo are similar. the others are cheaper with airfare included

I am having trouble prioritizing having a kitchen and saving time and money on breakfast and snacks/lunch to go OR having DTD across the street and saving time and energy being able to walk there for the evening.

we are traveling with 2 kids (7,9) and will be there for 4-5 nights. 2 days at disney parks and 1 day at IoA. PS I am a sucker for those extra fun pools/lazy river.

WWYD?
Thanks,
Hill
I would go for bonnet creek just because it would be more comfortable than the downtown disney hotels

Bonnet Creek has good free shuttle service to the parks and your kids will get their own room and beds.

If you want to save money, pick either Disney or Universal. The cost of going to both is your biggest expense after airfare.

thanks chuck! if the price were fairly equal. would you pick the dtd location for easy acesss or the nice pools/kitchen at bonnet creek

If the price were almost the same, I'd go with Bonnet Creek. Having the extra room, kitchen and laundry is a big plus, even on a fairly short trip. But be aware there maybe some differences. I know with DVC, we don't get daily housekeeping, and I would assume the same for a condo unit at Bonnet Creek, as most timeshares have limited housekeeping services. I'm not familiar specifically with Bonnet Creek, so I don't know what other amenities may also come into play such as restaurants or counter service areas.

If the price were almost the same, I'd go with Bonnet Creek.
I would as well.

Chuck is correct, there is no daily housekeeping at Bonnet. Furthermore, unlike DVC, there is no midweek trash & towel service. However, I believe there probably is a weekly clean if you are staying longer than seven nights. There are a couple of counter service locations, a small cafe, and a small resort store with essentials. The cluster of buildings includes a Wyndham Grand spa/resort, and that building has a couple of sit-down options. The buildings are all close to one another, with easy walks between them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter