• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Downtown Disney hotel questions.

JDSNY10

Mouseketeer
Hi,
Friends of mine are looking into staying at a Downtown Disney resort (im pretty sure its the old Grosenver)
Can anyone tell me about the DTD hotels (likes & dislikes)? Are they owned and operated by Disney? Can you use the Magical Express? Can you add the food plan onto your stay?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
JT

They're not Disney-owned or operated, so you don't get Magical Express, or the Dining Plan. Guests at the Hilton can use EMH, but those at the other DTD hotels can't. The Disney buses don't pick up at the DTD hotels, they have their own transportation which isn't as frequent or convenient.

These Hotels are not owned by WDW, you can not use Magical Express, get the DDP, they do not use WDW Transportation buses and the only Hotel there to offer a WDW Resort perk is the Hilton which offers Extra Magic Hours. However after that all those Hotels are completely from any WDW owned Resort. Way back in July 1997 my family and I stayed at the Grosvenor which is now called the Regal Sun Resort. The only major complaint we had was how bad the bus service was. It took forever and when going to the Magic Kingdom you are dropped off in the middle of the TTC bus area, so they don't even have their own drop off area. Now I think the bus service has improved a bit since then, however it does not compare to the bus transportation from the WDW owned Resorts.

I have stayed at both the Grosvenor (before rehab) and the Royal Plaza hotel in DTD thinking it would save me a little money. The one thing I must have on vacation is room service and until a few months ago I thought only the Disney Deluxe hotels offered it. (not pizza delivery..real room service) I have since learned that the CSR resort has room service and in doing a price comparison I found out that after resort fees (almost $10 a day!) refridgerator rental and airport transportation..I was actually paying more staying off-site:scared1: :scared1:

Having said that, I found both DTD hotels to be clean, friendly and convenient. The bus service was efficient but as someone else said the bus depots at the parks were sometimes out in the middle of the parking lot.

Does Doubletree Guest Suites has Extra Magic Hours too! Because Mom and Dad and I are staying in the DoubleTree guest suites! Please! tell me now!

Does Doubletree Guest Suites has Extra Magic Hours too! Because Mom and Dad and I are staying in the DoubleTree guest suites! Please! tell me now!

Sorry, no. Only the Hilton Hotel gets axcess to Extra Magic Hours. Just plan to be at a park that does NOT have EMH on that day, and you should be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter