• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Downtown Disney for lunch

mrawson

Earning My Ears
We are a party of 11 that is going in October. We plan to spend a day at Downtown Disney and would like a suggestion for lunch. We had our family meeting and the consensus was to make a reservation at Cap'n Jacks but I am having second thought after reading several reviews posted here. Also, we are on the Dining plan so a table service restauraunt would be preferable. I look forward to hearing some good/bad/indifferent reviews of what DT Disney has to offer. Many thanks in advance.

We really like Wolfgang Pucks. I can't wait to get their Spinach & Artichoke Dip. Some of our favorites are the Crusted Chicken and Pumpkin Ravioli. Creme Bruelle is the best.

I am also a fan of Wolfgang Pucks - the cafe has a great, lively atmosphere and the food has always been excellent. Plenty of variety to suit a large group of people, including good kid's meals. I've also had good experiences at Raglan Road. Wouldn't do Planet Hollywood or Rainforest because those are chain restaurants and I've never had great meals at either.

I TOO had this same dilema! I'm fortunate to KNOW people who live outside of Orlando and go to DW alot!! They said DTD really doesn't have a great selection of places to eat. However....right across the way, within walking distance, is The Turf Club at SSR! I've seen GREAT reviews and looked online, very impressive. We've got an ADR for our last night there! :thumbsup2

Okay - One more question in relation to Wolfgang Puck's - I notice on the list of participating restauraunts that there is a Wolfgang Puck's Express and Cafe - Is the cafe the one everyone here is talking about? It is table service and the Express is quick service. Any word?

Okay - One more question in relation to Wolfgang Puck's - I notice on the list of participating restauraunts that there is a Wolfgang Puck's Express and Cafe - Is the cafe the one everyone here is talking about? It is table service and the Express is quick service. Any word?

Yes, definitely the Cafe, although Wolfgang Puck Express is great too (the Marketplace one) if you wanted Counter Service :thumbsup2

Either Raglan Road and Wolgang Puck's. We've done RR many times and will be trying WPC for the first time this year. We ate at Wolfgang Puck Express twice last year and it was very good (CS). I've made a ADR for both RR and WPC this year.

Happy Dining!:goodvibes

Big vote for Raglan Road; but the menu at T-Rex looks awesome. Cannot wait to try it this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter