• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Downtown disney dining ?

coastiewifern

DIS Veteran
Our first night we are heading to the DTD area. Where can I take a picky kid who only likes chicken NUGGETS not strips and her parents who don't want McDonalds again? We will have a rental car so we don't have to eat at DTD just in the general area. Thanks leaving Friday appreciate quick responses

There is a McDonalds at DTD so you could always grab her some nuggets there and then get something better for you adults. All without leaving DTD.

Will he eat anything other than chicken nuggets? There are decent restaurants with kids meals like pasta or mac n cheese. Raglan Road, Cap N Jacks or even Rainforest Cafe for him.

Just some thoughts. Have you gone to Allears Menus to look at some of the kids meal menus?

Hope this helps some. :)

try allearsnet.com or the dining page here on the dis. Both have kids menus for all restaurant's here's where I found chicken nuggets

Jurassic Chicken Tidbits - dinosaur-shaped chicken, breaded chicken at RainForest Cafe

everyone else has chicken tenders.

I too would definately recommend T-Rex Cafe if you are looking for a sit down location. My 4.5 year old son is also EXTREMELY picky and he loves the dinosaur shaped nuggets. They are actually the same kind that are sold in the frozen food section at our local grocery store. T-Rex has a decent selection of adult fare, just not gourmet. The are also entertaining aminatronic to watch during the meal.

If you want to be a little adventurous then I would highly recommend Wolfgang Puck Express next to the Christmas Store in the Marketplace. (Not the one in the West Side.) My son also likes the chicken strips there, although not the seasoned fries. They also have a great selection of adult food. Its "quick service" if you are on the dining plan but it is usually the best quick service meal of all of our vacations. There is also indoor and outdoor seating. Enjoy your vacation.

What about grabbing her McDonald's and then heading to Wolfgang Puck Express? Both are in DTD and relatively close.

looking for a counter service location then Mickey Ds and Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang Puck Express would work. Both are quite good.

If a table service is what you're looking for then you have a few choices. Rain Forest, T-Rex and House of Blues all have chicken tenders. Raglan Road has fried chicken skewers that may not work. They also have fried fish and shrimp. My picky kids ate those also. Of those only Raglan Road is on the DDP if it matters to you.

I understand your issue. It used to be that when we took our son to a restaurant where they proudly pointed out that they served was real chicken and not processed, we knew our son wouldn't be eating much. He has grown out of it now.

I would pick either Rainforest Cafe or T-Rex, I think either one would satisfy a picky eater. We ate at Raglan Road and none of us liked it. The mac and cheese isn't like the kind you get in the blue box....
Have fun on your vacation.
Bonnie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter