Downtown Disney ...... By Car

Woodview

DIS Veteran
We were in Downtown Disney today.

Avoid unless you are willing to walk over half mile to entrance to Market Place .

Wasted a lot of time trying to find a space in car parks which are off the Hwy .

We were in Downtown Disney on Monday evening. We entered the parking lot near Cirque du Soleil and were directed into the new parking ramp. Easily found a spot on the second level and had just an easy of a time getting out. The new ramp is great. It has digital signs indicating if the row has any open spots so you don't have to drive up and down the rows looking.

We were in Downtown Disney on Monday evening. We entered the parking lot near Cirque du Soleil and were directed into the new parking ramp. Easily found a spot on the second level and had just an easy of a time getting out. The new ramp is great. It has digital signs indicating if the row has any open spots so you don't have to drive up and down the rows looking.

Just to add to this, when you turn down that row, look up at the ceiling. There is a green light in front of every open spot. There are sensors on every spot (that's where they get the numbers for the end of row displays), so the light turns as soon as someone pulls out. Absolutely love the technology, and trust Disney to get you into the Marketplace and spending as quickly as possible! Also note that if you are parking down at the Cirque du Soleil end and you want to go to the Marketplace end that there are boat launches now; you don't have to walk anymore!

A tip I try and let people know about is that if you are heading to the Marketplace side of DTD, you are better off (for now) parking in the Buena Vista Palace parking lot and just walking across the street to DTD.

It is free and it puts you in DTD right next to wear the WDW buses pick up & drop off. We always park there when going to that end of DTD and it is no where near the walk from the surface lot or garage at DTD.

A tip I try and let people know about is that if you are heading to the Marketplace side of DTD, you are better off (for now) parking in the Buena Vista Palace parking lot and just walking across the street to DTD.

It is free and it puts you in DTD right next to wear the WDW buses pick up & drop off. We always park there when going to that end of DTD and it is no where near the walk from the surface lot or garage at DTD.

How is it free? Guests there pay a pretty hefty Resort Fee, of which part is for parking.

I did exactly this last week and it worked out great. There are signs warning pedestrians not to cross Buena Vista Drive right in front of the hotel, so you should walk down to the crosswalk and go across from there.

How is it free? Guests there pay a pretty hefty Resort Fee, of which part is for parking.

They have a pretty big surface lot to the left of their entrance that is free. I have stayed there before and I know about the resort free, though at check in they told us we could park in their surface lot for free, lessening the resort fee.

We have parked there many, many times and have never had any issues. There is no guards, no 'No Parking' or 'For Resort Guests Only' signs, so we just use it as I stated earlier.

The few times we've been lately, weekends and evenings, we've been able to park in the casting parking lot right across the street from the Marketplace. Thy have parking people there directing you and people stationed on each side of the cross walk. I assume it is only open when casting isn't.

DS arrived at Downtown Disney last night - Friday night - and drove in to parking garage with no issues and turned down a lane with a green light and parked. He said he ran in to no problems and within a few minutes was out of his car and walking around Downtown.

These parking at Cirque is still kind of a hidden treasure, despite signs indicating it.

I prefer the brand new and spiffy parking garage, but if you're able to make the turn into the Cirque lot, do it. Easy in and out.

These parking at Cirque is still kind of a hidden treasure, despite signs indicating it.

I prefer the brand new and spiffy parking garage, but if you're able to make the turn into the Cirque lot, do it. Easy in and out.

That area about to begin construction this week.

"Lots L, M, N in front of Cirque du Soleil will be closed for 6-8 weeks. Lots O, P, Q will still be open. Use the intersection across from Typhoon Lagoon to enter/exit these lots."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter