Downtown Disney and valet parking

momof3baldwins

Mouseketeer
We were planning on valet parking at Downtown, but I just read that the valet doesnt open until 4:00. Does anyone know if this is true? I read this on a different website and I cant find any info about it on the Disney site. If it is true, how is parking now? Where should we be parking at if we have handicapped? Thanks

I believe they discussed it on the DIS Unplugged podcast either last week or week before but if I remember correctly I think they said it was valet is starting at 2:30 now. The garage is fully open now so IMO, it's not all that bad. Definitely plenty of handicap parking and if you get there before noon it's typically not packed at all.

I have a question about Valet at DTD. Is it still in front of Cirque du Soleil? I thought i had read that the parking lots in front of Cirque du Soleil were closed for the next 6 to 8 weeks.

WDWinfo says:
  • Valet parking is available at West Side from 2:30pm-2:00am. Pricing is based on length of stay - time starts when you reach the valet podium and stops when you return to the podium to pick up your car. You will pay when you leave. Guests with Tables in Wonderland will receive complimentary valet parking with a valid dining receipt (except for the following blackout dates: Easter, Mother's Day, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, and any special events at Downtown Disney).
    • 0-2 hours: $10
    • 2-3 hours: $15
    • 3+ hours: $20
Also says lots in front of Cirque are closed or closing soon for 6-8 weeks.

There should be plenty of handicapped spots in the parking garage and they are in all parking areas, but they do fill up fast.

I saw the WDWinfo stuff but with all the changes i was just wondering if it was up to date.

I saw the WDWinfo stuff but with all the changes i was just wondering if it was up to date.

Since just above it they have updated all the parking information that starts next week, I am working on assumption this section is accurate. Hopefully they have directional signs posted to the Valet drop area.

Even if you get there and they don't have it, there are lots of handicapped spots and earlier in the day it is easier to get them. I know once you get close to dinner time it's hard from personal experience. I would probably just head into the garage and save the money, unless you are using a TiW discount. Even that I don't bother, I hate waiting around to get my car brought back.

You're probably right. I do have TiW but i hate waiting around for my car also, and since it looks like from the satellite picks that the only way to get to Valet is thru the parking deck, it may just be easier to park in the deck. We have reservations for Splitsville at 9:30 tomorrow night so hopefully the parking deck won't be full when we get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter