Downton Disney: the Disney Snob and the Seven Seas Clubs - the end! 5/30

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by AGPrincess, Sep 8, 2012.

1. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

Hi Emma! I am so happy to stumble across your latest TR and its so cool to see that you are actually posting pics of yourself! Looking forward to another fun read!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ShortStuff

ShortStuff Mouseketeer

Oh man! We are leaving Thursday, so I will have to find out about the food Friday or Saturday. It looks yummy though!!

Your family sounds fun! How cool that you and your brother were both working at WDW at the same time!! I bet that doesn't happen too often!

Your Dad's sabatical trip out west sounds like a lot of fun too! Not exactly Disney, but interesting and fun!!

4. MainStreetFireman

MainStreetFireman DIS Veteran

...I will be enjoying your latest trippie reminding us of the summer!

Looks like your DisFam was there the week before ours. Such a great time...

Is there anything better than enjoying the world with your whole family? :hug: No chance. :thumbsup2

5. Disney Mommy 3

Disney Mommy 3 DIS Veteran

I'm here!!! I know you were wondering! :rotfl: Wow!! Lots of firsts in this trip report....was this y'alls first ME trip? I can't remember, but I know your family drives in a lot...also,first facial pictures of the family, and first time i have ever seen you at Disney in Shorts!!!! Did I get any of this trivia correct? And I have to say I am bummed you won't be there for our trip this year!! We are 60 days out today... Ok..can't wait for more to this TR!!!!!
    OH,:offtopic: have you seen Caroline Abbot? She's gorgeous!

6. kmrein

kmrein Mouseketeer

Woo hoo, another report! Subbing here! popcorn::

7. Mndisneygirl

Mndisneygirl DIS Veteran

Aww, page two! But I'm here and ready to read!! :thumbsup2

eta - club at all three monorail resorts!! Must be a pretty hefty CM discount!

Love the veras!

Oh, the poor bus driver! Well, they all have to start somewhere.

Oooh the lounge looks so nice - I never knew Contemporary even HAD CL! What a great view!

8. Curiouser&curiouser!

Curiouser&curiouser! DIS Veteran

I've read the others, so I have to read this one too!
    It's what a 'civilized snob' would do!:thumbsup2

9. AGPrincess

AGPrincess Disney Snob -- Bookish Princess

:welcome: Glad to see you on the new trippie!! :goodvibes LOL, I do love Vera Bradley. :thumbsup2 Have you seen the new fall colors? SO pretty - although I guess I shouldn't be encouraging you ;) :rolleyes1

Welcome and HOORAY for another DA fan. It is such good television...there's interesting drama, but then there are just little, everyday details too that are so relaxing. I wish there was more on tv like it! You're going to have a wonderful time at the Contemporary, and your trip is getting so close!! :cool1:

:welcome: Or rather welcome back!! And thanks! :goodvibes

:welcome: Glad to see you on the new TR! :goodvibes I've posted a few face pics on my blog, so I figured I might as well use some here too. ;)

10. jwwi

jwwi DIS Veteran

Hi Emma!
    Looking forward to this TR, sounds like you will be able to show us quite a bit of information on the monorail resorts. I have only stayed at one, BLT which may not officially count, but I loved it.
    I was in WDW, BCV, Labor Day weekend. We walked around Cresent Lake and over to the BW. When I walked through the lobby I looked for you, I did not know that you were no longer working down there. Sounds like you have other adventures to explore.
    I just love VB too, and really have so much of it. No new fall colors for me yet, but I did just buy a super soft scarf on sale at a local gift shop. I am not looking forward to the approaching cooler weather, but at least wearing the scarf will make me happy.

11. AGPrincess

Hope you have a fun trip!! :goodvibes My family can be pretty crazy but also a lot of fun, and it was really nice to have Aramis there at the same time. :)

:welcome: So good to see you on the new trippie! Hope you guys had a fantastic trip, and you are SO right - there is nothing better than having your family with you at Disney World! :thumbsup2

Hey girl!! We have done DME before, although it was the first time we did it all together (previously I did it by myself when flying in from college). LOL, and you're right - I did switch up the skirts with a few pairs of shorts! :rotfl:

I know, I'm bummed I won't get to see anymore DISers too, but how excited you must be for your trip! pixiedust: Have you decided on your restaurants yet?

P.S. I had not seen Caroline Abbot, but I just hopped over to the AG website and she is SO pretty - I love her outfits!!

:welcome: Thanks for posting!

Haha, CM discounts are pretty sweet, and we only did one- or two-night club stays, but we did have a wonderful time!

LOL, glad to see you here!! :welcome:

BLT definitely counts - it's so pretty there! Awww, sorry to have missed you. And the new scarf sounds cute! :goodvibes

12. Disney Mommy 3

Hey,, I hit the 50s mark today....59 and counting!!! We have most of the ADRs settled, but I will probably change one or two,..we are still on the fence with the California Grill!:( Kids don't want to do it at all,...but I just wonder if we would regret it.

13. Merida

Merida DIS Veteran

Subbing in, your hotel tour sounds like an awesome experience! I don't know if I could tear myself away from the resorts to actually go in the parks! ;)

14. wdwgirl03

wdwgirl03 <font color=red>I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)<b

Hi Emma! When I saw Downton Disney in your title I had to join in. I only recently got into watching Modern Family so I thought that reference was pretty funny. ;) Actually, it was the Disneyland episode that got me interested!

That is so awesome you worked at the Boardwalk! My dad and I stayed at the BWV in April...so maybe we saw you but didn't even know it. So jealous you got to stay at all the Seven Seas resorts. I know from your past reports how much you love the Polynesian-it's definitely one of my favorites too since my family stayed there several times when I was younger. And I'll finally be crossing the Contemporary off my list next April!

As others have said, I also love all your Vera!

Can't wait for more. :)

15. princess_momma

princess_momma DIS Veteran

Hello! I am definitely in! I have read a few of your Disney trips before, but then fell off the Dis-Earth!

Aren't CM discounts the best?! I work at a local store, but I love them! So excited about all the places you stayed! I cannot wait to hear all about all of them!

You perfectly described how I feel about airports! I just love how everyone is on different journeys and there is such a buzz in the air! I always, ALWAYS wonder what people's stories are! So fun! I seriously hate driving people to the airport, not because it's a hassle, but because I can't stand being there and breathing in that atmosphere and not being able to be a part of it!

Oh man! I can't believe that ME bus! What a bummer. Poor guy.

I'm so excited for all your updates! I know they will be great!

16. AGPrincess

:cool1::cool1: You're getting cloooser!! That's too bad the kids aren't excited for CG...I bet it would be a fun experience with the view and the food. :confused3

Also have to tell you that since talking about Caroline Abbot, AG ads have been showing up on the bottom of the page. Love it. :thumbsup2

WELCOME! You are SO completely right...when we were staying club we mostly chilled out at the resort all day long. We didn't want to miss a minute of it! :thumbsup2

I'm not a regular Modern Family watcher, but I loved that Disneyland episode too! I actually didn't watch it until after I had decided on a TR title...I googled Downton Disney and that episode popped up! :thumbsup2 LOL, maybe we did see each other...I would always wonder which of my guests might be DISers! :goodvibes New update is on its way!

Welcome and thanks for posting!! CM discounts are definitely the best. ;) You are also SO right about going to an airport and not getting to go anywhere! I get jealous too when I'm just going somewhere ordinary and they start calling for flights to Norway or the Bahamas or exotic locations - they sound so exciting! :)

17. AGPrincess

So all our travel hassles were now behind us, and we were ready to kick back and enjoy some dinner at in the Atrium Club lounge.

I was so excited not only to see the food but to see what the lounge looked like &#8211; we had never stayed club at the Contemporary before! It rarely shows up on the CM booking page, but this year it did for the first time, so Mom snatched it up. We only stayed there one night, but it was the perfect way to start the trip!

[​IMG]

In this pic you can see the elevators where you arrive on the twelfth floor, and also the desks where you can check in and make dining reservations etc. etc. You wave hello to the cast members and walk straight past the desks into&#8230;

[​IMG]

THE LOUNGE. As you can kinda tell from this picture, one wall of the lounge is taken up with windows/balconies, so you have this huge panorama of the Seven Seas Lagoon and the Magic Kingdom spread out before you!

[​IMG]

When I said every travel hassle melted away when we arrived, I meant it. How could you have any worries with this view in front of you?? I was practially jumping up and down with excitement. :goodvibes

[​IMG]

Be still my heart - how I love that castle!!

[​IMG]

Here is another random lady enjoying the view (I approve of her purple skirt) and also you can see the children&#8217;s tv area in the foreground.

But I can hear you thinking: &#8220;Emma, you said there&#8217;d be FOOD.&#8221; Well it&#8217;s coming!

[​IMG]

Every night from 5-7pm, the lounge has out a lovely selection of hot and cold appetizers, rolls, veggies, cheeses, and more. Some clubs have really inspired names for the different food services of the day, but I think at the Atrium Club it was just called &#8220;evening offerings.&#8221; They had&#8230;

[​IMG]

Some crudite&#8230;carrots, broccoli, cucumbers, olives, tomatoes, and squash (yum!)&#8230;

[​IMG]

A lovely cheese platter with brie, cheddar, pepperjack, some other fancy kind-of cheese that I can't remember what it was called, and fruit&#8230;

[​IMG]

Crackers and hummus&#8230;

[​IMG]

Slices of bread and some swanky little containers of PB&J for the kids (or adults!)&#8230;

[​IMG]

Some of the TASTIEST rolls I have ever had in all my existence. Seriously. You wouldn&#8217;t even think it from looking at them, but these rolls were SO soft and chewy and you just wished you could go on eating them forever.

[​IMG]

Rock Shrimp with Hummus and Lavosh. One of the reasons I love staying club (and eating club) is that you get to try things you would never have ordered at a restaurant! The shrimp didn't blow me away, but it was good and then I'm not a big seafood eater - it didn&#8217;t taste like fish, and I have not yet learnt to ask for anything more from seafood, LOL!

[​IMG]

The BEST dish of the evening was the Sugar Cane Skewered Chipotle Chicken. This was not at all too spicy - just delicious! Obviously most of the other guests agreed, because this was the best photo I could get of it, and the dish is half empty!

[​IMG]

There were also plenty of drinks! Here is the epic coffee machine (complete with steamed milk for making chococcinos!!) and a lovely tea selection&#8230;

[​IMG]

&#8230;and the cold drinks, in a pretty slick Contemporary fridge!

Quick side story: In the Boardwalk&#8217;s club lounge, the cans of pop (or soda) are set out in a big tub filled with ice which would melt and get messy, and lots of guests and CM&#8217;s commented that a fridge would be much nicer for the lounge. To see that the Contemporary Club not only had a fridge but a PERSONALIZED fridge just made me laugh. I think the Boardwalk should have a personalized fridge too, maybe painted with red and white stripes. Wouldn&#8217;t that be cute??

[​IMG]

Yummmmmm&#8230;.here was my dinner.

The food is the biggest attraction of staying club for my family. We don&#8217;t plan meals for those days &#8211; we just eat the food in the lounge. I know there are some guests who don&#8217;t think club food is adequate for a meal, and to each his own. But my family is very satisfied with the selection, and we always end up full, especially after breakfast and dinner. And it&#8217;s not like we&#8217;re hogging everything they put out &#8211; there is PLENTY of food in the club. It's nice to know that whatever they have that you like, there&#8217;s almost certainly more of it in the back.

I will add that during the afternoon the lounge just has out snacks, so we do sometimes go out for lunch. But when you consider that the cost of your club stay basically includes the cost of breakfast and dinner, it gives it a lot more value!

[​IMG]

Athos making his selections&#8230;

[​IMG]

So the Atrium lounge is divided into two spaces&#8230;there&#8217;s the cool blue bar with the food, which you can see in the background of this pic, and then there&#8217;s another little room with more tables and couches&#8230;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

How cool is that white wall with the tv? The design of the club lounges is always superb. In that magical Disney way, it just transports you to another place. You feel like this is YOUR swanky, contemporary penthouse where you&#8217;re having dinner at your leisure.

It&#8217;s just so relaxing. No crowds, no heat, if you&#8217;re hungry there&#8217;s food right there, if you&#8217;re thirsty, there are cold drinks and hot drinks right there. You&#8217;re just cocooned in comfort. And the cast members at the Contemporary were so incredibly nice &#8211; my mom loves rice crispies and they were able to get her some even at dinner time!

After dinner, we had an hour to kill before the desserts would be out. What do to? Well the Magic Kingdom is only a five minute walk away!! We headed back to the room to get our stuff and head out&#8230;

[​IMG]

Being up so high above the concourse is pretty cool! The sounds from below filter up softly, but it&#8217;s like you&#8217;re in another world!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Contemporary Chocolates!

There will be more photos of the room later, I promise. But I was too excited to take them then, I wanted to get over and see that castle!

[​IMG]

Let&#8217;s go!!

18. Mndisneygirl

Mndisneygirl DIS Veteran

W.O.W. :thumbsup2
    That is one cool lounge!! That view would be worth it! The food looked really good - fresh and nice variety! Oh, someday I will stay CL! I get what you say about not everyone can make a meal out of it - but it's true, everyone eats differently and the value is in the eye of the beholder.

19. Disney Mommy 3

loved the fruit and the cheeses!! YUMMMMMM!!!! I adore the Contemporary!!!!

20. AGPrincess

It was a gorgeous lounge - the view was probably the best part! You're so right...I know there are some people who just like to have a nibble of the appetizers and then go off to the restaurants. We like to save what we would have spent on meals and put it towards our club stay instead. :goodvibes

Definitely delish! :thumbsup2

21. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

Well the lounge and the food selections sound amazing. I will make sure to check back to see your pictures.

How cool that you got to stay somewhere new that doesn't usually open up for CM bookings. That's awesome!