Downton Abbey

Will they free Mr. Bates??? Poor Daisy I just love her. After hearing about Matthew it makes me sad. However Mary will survive. Poor Edith has no life. Sybil I just loved her. I am worried about Bates. :happytv:

There may be a marathon of Season Two on PBS tomorrow.

One of our local PBS stations had an all day marathon here today. :thumbsup2 I meant to post about it so others could have recorded it too. But, I was running late this morning & didn't have time to post before leaving. :( I have to check & see if all the shows recorded. :hyper: Less to watch on my PC. Now all I have to get is Season 1 online.

Just signed up for Hulu and starting watching Season 2. Hope I finish before the Season 3 starts tomorrow.

Also a fan of this great show! Just wondering if any of you DA fans have watched London Hospital and if so, what do you all think about it?

*JoGo* said:
I can't wait to see season 3!
I watch it on the PBS app. The book "Below Stairs" (insiration for show) is a great read also. I wish it told more!

Call the Midwife was a great show also. I want to read the book it's based on.

Another to watch is called Land Girls. It's from the mid-1990s I believe. I borrowed it from my library, 3 seasons.

I love BBC!! I would happily pay for access to the BBC. Dh is watching Whitechapel right now.

Thanks for the book recommendation. I'm going to check it out. I read the book about highclare (where downton is filmed) and about lady Almina. I found that one fascinating.

Can't wait for tonight.

Kitzka said:
Thanks for the book recommendation. I'm going to check it out. I read the book about highclare (where downton is filmed) and about lady Almina. I found that one fascinating.

Can't wait for tonight.

Another great book is the Chronicles of Downton Abbey. (A New Era.) it is the official companion to all three series and I would highly recommend it. I got it for my mum for Christmas on amazon- was £20 but I got it for £8... Bargain!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

If you have On Demand (Comcast), the first episode of season 3 is on there already.

I just finished watching..... So happy its back.

Another great series (debuted today in the UK) is Mr Selfridges. It is about the American businessman who came to the UK to build his huge department store Selfridges. Definitely in Downton Abbey's league so look out for it! It is also set in approx. the same time era as Downton Abbey.

Spent the weekend watching Season 1 and 2 and now watching the new Season 3 episode. I am hooked now too!

I have to wait for my DH to get back before I can watch. The wait is brutal:(

:snooty: DH and I spent an enjoyable time viewing Downton Abbey s3 epi1. I wish it didn't show so late. I will likely sleep through the morning alarm.:snooty:

......and that is my best downton abbey speak. :laughing:

Can I ask where you watched the 2nd season?

I've never watched and I got the 1st one on Netflix but didn't see S2.

Wow! That was worth the wait. I am so glad Edith is getting married. There was so much to absorb I think I need to watch it again.

I watched both season one and two on DVD from the library.

Season 2 is available on Amazon instant video. I think the whole season was around $12-15 or so.

Loving Season 3 so far- glad I managed to be unspoiled. Matthew needs to take that inheritance $$ and save Downton!!

RNMOM said:
Wow! That was worth the wait. I am so glad Edith is getting married. There was so much to absorb I think I need to watch it again.

I watched both season one and two on DVD from the library.

I am glad too. She always seems to be overlooked- but she is actually very sweet. Its a relief Mary finally got married too. I just kept thinking 'will she? Won't she?' I thought something bad would happen!

We watched it this weekend on Hulu. They offer 1 week free (not sure if we might keep it, DH thinks he might like it for awhile).

I also called a local video rental store and they have it, but it was out this weekend so we went with Hulu. The Library may have it (but I am sure it will have a long waiting list here).

Hulu had all of Season 2 and we just watched it all day long and ended in time for the start of Season 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter