• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Downtimes, 101, uh-ohs, etc.

mgpan

Mouseketeer
Seems to be a lot of these recently at some of the more popular attractions last few days. Tonight is at least one if not several in each park. Seems more than usual, anyone there now having issues or know the causes? Reason i ask, what's the current practice for a FP+ that can't be used, return that day, that week, out of luck?

Some rides go down because of weather, which looks to be the case today. There's some severe thunderstorms in the area and some flooding

If you have a FP and the ride is down you will receive an email. In that email it will let you know that the ride you have Fast Passes for will be down during your scheduled time and you'll have a list of rides that you can use that FP on at anytime during the rest of that day. Sometimes if the ride goes down late at night, you can get something from guest service that will allow you to use a free FP the next day. Other than that, it's only a one time use during that day on one of the rides listed in the email you receive

Here is what the email will look like

237fk5.jpg

I imagine the emails are sent to those with smart phones. What if you don't have the ability to receive these emails? Does one go to guest services?

CAS,

Fantastic information and thanks! Reading your email i realized i could have just referred to the excellent Everything Fastpass section and found the answer! D'oh! Hope the weather isn't too bad. There are also some decent video tutorials on Fastpass+ but nothing beats the experts on the DIS!

I imagine the emails are sent to those with smart phones. What if you don't have the ability to receive these emails? Does one go to guest services?

For those that have yet to have a smartphone, if you go to the ride that's down, the CM's can inform you of what rides you can use the FP as everyone gets the same email

Seems to be a lot of these recently at some of the more popular attractions last few days. Tonight is at least one if not several in each park. Seems more than usual, anyone there now having issues or know the causes? Reason i ask, what's the current practice for a FP+ that can't be used, return that day, that week, out of luck?
On the FP Superthread, @marciemi posted the FP she received when the Jungle Book show was canceled. The special replacement FP could be used within a 2-day window:
The FastPass+ Frequently Asked Questions Superthread

I'm thinking that was because it was for a major headliner/show (Jungle Book) so late in the day. The one I received the next day when Figment was down was much more restrictive and only good that day. I just hadn't seen the "super" one before as a replacement - had heard of people getting them from guest relations for a major problem but not automatically. My Figment one:
image.png

If no smartphone, as someone else stated, a CM will be at the entrance to the ride with a sign listing all the other available substitutions. Go to any of those listed rides at any time that day (during or after your initial FP+ window), scan as you normally would. The scanner won't turn green, but the CM manning it will let you through due to your FP being for a closed ride.

Assuming you have a freebie FP as compensation for the closed ride, you can use it any time that day during hours of operation at any ride. Scan at the ride as normal and it will turn green, automatically utilizing your freebie. The email is not needed to utilize it, just a method of tracking its existence. You can check in at an FP+ kiosk where you would otherwise schedule your passes, and it will show the freebies along with any scheduled passes.

I'm not certain the exact times/circumstances that the freebie FP is released/compensated, but from our experience this past weekend, we were able to twice utilize the original FP at a substitute ride and still received a freebie for the closure.

For those that have yet to have a smartphone, if you go to the ride that's down, the CM's can inform you of what rides you can use the FP as everyone gets the same email

Thank you! Have been out of the loop for about 2 years and trying to play catch up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter