Downpours, DIS meets, and the Dining Plan - Our Week at WDW May 16-23 Final Thoughts

What heartbreaking news. I am just so sorry. She sounded like such a great dog. Pets really are part of the family. Big hugs to all of you.

Well I finally made it over to your TR, great pics, looks like everyone was having alot of fun.

I'm so so sorry about your Hannah, your post made me cry, she was such a pretty dog, and really does look like a good friend:grouphug: Hugs to you and your family!!!

Leanne, I am so sorry to hear about Hannah. :sad1: I am crying my eyes out because I know the pain you are feeling right now. You will always have her in your heart. Give your girls and yourself a BIG hug from me.:grouphug: This will be a difficult time for Daisy as well. When we lost Baylee, Will moped around the house for quite a while and looked for her everytime we would come home.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss. You are all in my thoughts! :hug: :hug:

Sorry to hear about your dog. Hearing that brought back the sad memories when my black lab Jake died back in 2002. I will say a little prayer for you.

To those that have lost a special pet, I am so sorry. The heartache is unbelievable. Thank you to each of you for your prayers, kind words, hugs and thoughts. This has been so hard on us but knowing we have special friends thinking of us and praying for us has made it much easier. :grouphug:

I am so thankful for my friends on the DIS-you guys are incredible. :worship: Thank you again for thinking of me and my family.

Leanne

I'm not going to be DebbieDowner anymore and I am going to give you guys my next update....

Day 2 started bright and early. We made it to AK before rope drop. The bus ride took about 40 minutes because the IronMan was going on and the bicycle portion was happening right as we were entering AK. The line to get in was really, really long. We did manage to make it in before park opening. Good thing we were at the bus stop at 8:00am.

Here is the opening:
IMG_2867.jpg

IMG_2869.jpg

IMG_2871.jpg

Up first was Kilamanjaro Safari. We walked immediately to the queue and got in line. This is one of our favorite WDW attractions. The wait was only about 15 minutes so not bad at all. Here are the pics of our safari:

IMG_2873.jpg

IMG_2877.jpg

IMG_2882.jpg

IMG_2883.jpg

IMG_2891.jpg

IMG_2894.jpg

IMG_2898.jpg

I thought this little fella playing in the water was too cute:
IMG_2900.jpg

IMG_2902.jpg

IMG_2903.jpg

the lazy lions:
IMG_2905.jpg

Pumbaa isn't any cuter in person...LOL
IMG_2907.jpg

IMG_2909.jpg

and of course the poachers were caught and we saved this little guy:
IMG_2910.jpg

I hope you guys are feeling better today.

Great safari shots! We actually got pics of the Lions this time with their heads lifted. I love the elephant in the water! How fun! Can't wait to see more!

You got some really nice safari pictures. :thumbsup2 It is always so hard to get pictures in those trucks, they are always so bouncy and move so fast.

great safari shots!! I love that ya'll saw the rhinos. I think that is the only animal we have missed...the elephant in the water, fun shot!!!
wish I had pulled out the wet camera when we rode (3X's) the hippos were walking around in and out of the water...

I hope you guys are feeling better today.

Great safari shots! We actually got pics of the Lions this time with their heads lifted. I love the elephant in the water! How fun! Can't wait to see more!
Thanks Wendy! Yesterday was a little better than Tuesday. I can't believe how hard this is. I'm hoping each day gets better. It's hard enough to suffer a loss but to see your kids suffering too-that really stinks.

We love the safari. Last year we were able to get a pic of the male standing. OT but last year we went to the Louisville zoo and the lions were up and about and one of them roared. That is the scariest sound I think I've ever heard. It gave me goosebumps. Safari day at AK is the one day that Joe gets to bring out the big lense. I think it makes him feel powerful. :lmao: More on the way!

You got some really nice safari pictures. :thumbsup2 It is always so hard to get pictures in those trucks, they are always so bouncy and move so fast.
Thanks Lessa! It is tough that's why I let Joe do it! :laughing:

great safari shots!! I love that ya'll saw the rhinos. I think that is the only animal we have missed...the elephant in the water, fun shot!!!
wish I had pulled out the wet camera when we rode (3X's) the hippos were walking around in and out of the water...
Thanks Connie! The rhinos are neat. They look sorta prehistoric to me. I've never seen the hippos out of the water. I think it would be neat to see them walking around. Sounds like your safaris were neat also.

Awww I'm so so sorry to hear about your baby. That's a sin.

I'm really loving your TR. The caribbean beach is my favorite moderate. I love it. Your pictures are great!

I want to try 1900 park fair some day!
Thanks for reading my TR! :welcome: You should try 1900 PF out it was fun and pretty good.

Leanne,
So sorry about Hannah :sad1: . Reading the bad news made me cry a bit too as i know how much your family loves her. :grouphug: to your family.
Thanks for coming over to my TR Nichole! :welcome: Sorry for making you cry.

Well I finally made it over to your TR, great pics, looks like everyone was having alot of fun.

I'm so so sorry about your Hannah, your post made me cry, she was such a pretty dog, and really does look like a good friend:grouphug: Hugs to you and your family!!!
Thanks for coming over to my TR Pam! :welcome: We were happy on our trip for sure but no ones smiles can beat those of your family's on your trip. :goodvibes
Sorry to hear about your dog. Hearing that brought back the sad memories when my black lab Jake died back in 2002. I will say a little prayer for you.
So sorry to hear about Jake. :sad1: Thanks so much for the prayer and thanks for reading my TR! :welcome:

Great Trip report so far so sorry about your dog I lost a dog when I was a kid and it was really sad.

Jeanine

im so sorry to hear about your puppy! i know how you feel. back in june of 2007, my puppy Snookie had to be put to sleep. she was not even 2 years old yet. she was diagnosed with juvenile kidney cancer that she most likely had her whole life. it was the hardest decision we had to make. we put her through tests and iv treatments, totaling $800, we would have paid anything to make her better. but the vet didnt even think she would make it to the next day to get an ultrasound done. so we had to decide to put her to sleep. it was so sad and youre going to miss her for a while but it will get better. if you have ever heard of the "Rainbow Bridge" , look it up online. it is a poem about what happens when your puppy goes to heaven and it is beautiful and makes you feel a lot better. take care!

Very good safari shots :thumbsup2. I didn't even get to do it this time. I don't think we made one rope drop :scared1:.

It is easy being a friend to someone as sweet and thoughtful as you :hug:.

love your TR so far (except the part about Hannah). I am so sorry to hear about your dog! it's so hard to loose such a beloved part of your family, I feel your pain!! I am subbing, and I can't wait to hear more!

Your AK pics are great so far! love the ones of the elephants and rhino's We always bring the extra lens to AK too.

Your poor girls, that must be the worst part for a mom. Hoping each day gets a lot easier for you all.

Safari looks fun. We didn't even go to the Animal Kingdom on this trip! We're doing the Grand Gathering there next time though. That should be exciting. :yay:

You got a lot of good pics on Safari!

Great Trip report so far so sorry about your dog I lost a dog when I was a kid and it was really sad.

Jeanine
Thanks for stopping by! :welcome:

im so sorry to hear about your puppy! i know how you feel. back in june of 2007, my puppy Snookie had to be put to sleep. she was not even 2 years old yet. she was diagnosed with juvenile kidney cancer that she most likely had her whole life. it was the hardest decision we had to make. we put her through tests and iv treatments, totaling $800, we would have paid anything to make her better. but the vet didnt even think she would make it to the next day to get an ultrasound done. so we had to decide to put her to sleep. it was so sad and youre going to miss her for a while but it will get better. if you have ever heard of the "Rainbow Bridge" , look it up online. it is a poem about what happens when your puppy goes to heaven and it is beautiful and makes you feel a lot better. take care!
Sooo sorry to hear abut your puppy. I will look up the Rainbow Bridge. Thanks for the tip. Anything that helps us feel better right now would be more than welcolmed.

Thanks for coming over to my TR too! :welcome:
Very good safari shots :thumbsup2. I didn't even get to do it this time. I don't think we made one rope drop :scared1:.

It is easy being a friend to someone as sweet and thoughtful as you :hug:.
Aww thanks Dana! :hug: It's super easy being friends with you also. :hug:

We made it to rope drop every day....Joe is more anal about it than I am...:lmao:

love your TR so far (except the part about Hannah). I am so sorry to hear about your dog! it's so hard to loose such a beloved part of your family, I feel your pain!! I am subbing, and I can't wait to hear more!
Thanks for the kind words and thanks for coming by! :welcome:

Your AK pics are great so far! love the ones of the elephants and rhino's We always bring the extra lens to AK too.

Your poor girls, that must be the worst part for a mom. Hoping each day gets a lot easier for you all.
Seeing your kids hearts break is the worst thing ever!

Safari looks fun. We didn't even go to the Animal Kingdom on this trip! We're doing the Grand Gathering there next time though. That should be exciting. :yay:

You got a lot of good pics on Safari!
Can't wait to see pics of the Grand Gathering-sounds like a good time. Joe was the safari photographer. He gets all excited cause he has a reason to put the big lens on the camera...:laughing:

Leanne--I'm so sorry to hear about Hannah. (((HUGS))) :hug:

I love your AK pictures!! We didn't get many from AK because we were there on Tuesday--the day of the super-heavy rain. We did get some pics of the safari, though. Can't wait to see more!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter