• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Doubting resort choice

ratlenhum

DIS Veteran
We are going in October and were supposed to stay at AoA in a Nemo suite. We had to change our dates a bit and couldn't get one, so we're staying there in December instead. For the October trip we are now booked in ASMovies.

We have always stayed Mod or Deluxe. Since we are doing two trips close together I thought we'd save some money and stay value.

Now I'm reading threads about the food court sharing with Sports and other things that have me worried. We rent a car so buses are not an issue for us. I'm just worried that after the first day and getting wowed by all the big cool things to see there we are going to hate it.

Thinking of moving to POR, one of our favorites. It'll be $400 more for the time we are there. Is peace of mind and knowing we already like a place worth $400?? I don't know.

Am I going to hate it? LOL. Hubby says "do what you want." But if he hates it it'll be my fault. Disney planning is fun but stressful!

Hello there! We have stayed at ASMu and POR and for us it is no contest.....I would pay the $400 :cool1:

Have fun!

Spend the $400. Hating your resort really kills a trip.

All Star Movies just has Standard / Preferred rooms, right? Why not just get a Little Mermaid Room at AoA? Not going to be as plush as a Moderate or Deluxe but why not have the better resort?

All Star Movies just has Standard / Preferred rooms, right? Why not just get a Little Mermaid Room at AoA? Not going to be as plush as a Moderate or Deluxe but why not have the better resort?

We have an 11 year old boy. He wouldn't be thrilled about a mermaid room.

Thinking of moving to POR, one of our favorites. It'll be $400 more for the time we are there. Is peace of mind and knowing we already like a place worth $400?? I don't know.

Am I going to hate it? LOL. Hubby says "do what you want." But if he hates it it'll be my fault. Disney planning is fun but stressful!
Change your booking to Port Orleans Riverside. My reason has to do with the part of what you said I have highlighted.

(edited) While you are there in October, go visit All Star Movies including taking a look at one of the rooms. Then you can try 'Movies on a future vacation. The rooms are all same size in all three All Stars.

Yes, the All Star room is smaller than the Port Orleans room.I think the All Star room is the same size as a single Art of Animation room or one room of an AoA suite. But how much time are you going to be spending in the room while awake?

I'm a big fan of saving money and trying different resorts, so I like the adventure of trying something new.

Do I think its worth $400 for the upgrade? I guess only you can really decide whether the resort change is worth it.

I have only stayed at All Star Music, but one of the things I liked about it was that I could easily walk over to Sports and Movies. I thought all three areas were adorable.

That said, I would probably pick Pop is I had a choice, but if not I would definitely stay at Movies.

Good luck with your decision.

I looked but no LM rooms were available at AoA

Changed to POR. I'm happy. Hubby is happy. He loves the pool and the boat ride to DTD

Thanks for the push! I needed that!

If hubby is happy that you spent the extra money then you cant go wrong! :cool1:
I hope you have a fabulous trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter