Doubloon vs Bones - St. Thomas Excursion

canabrits2

Mouseketeer
So, we're quite far out from our cruise but I'm in planning mode here....

There are two snorkeling excursions that interest me in St. Thomas. I think it's the same company but on different boats. One is half day and one is a full day.

I'm stuck between the Doubloon Turtle Cove Sail and Snorkel (3.5 hrs on Doubloon) and the Full Day Turtle Cove and Honeymoon beach full day with BBQ lunch (on Bones).

Can anyone give some feedback on these excursions or post pics to help me decide which I like better? Did you go with children? My DD (7) will be with us.

I'm leaning toward the full day one since I like the idea of having lunch included and some beach time. Is Honeymoon beach nice?

Do you see enough turtles on the full day excursion?

Do the turtles come to the surface?? I want my DD to see/swim with them.

Did anyone think the full day trip was too much and wish they'd just gone for the 3.5 hr trip?

Thanks for any info (and pics!). :)

We went on the Doubloon when my boys were 7, 9, and 11. First time snorkeling. Billy and crew were very helpful and fun. Many fish but no turtles. Kids loved hoisting the sails etc...
Last year we did Captain Nautica. My boys were 10, 12 and 14. This speedy boat zipped us to two snorkle destinations. Saw many turtles, urchins, fish, etc... Awesome!!
Both of these were great! St. Thomas has the best water by far. :thumbsup2

We did the Doubloon several years ago, DS was around 6 and DD 9. We had a blast and did see turtles on the trip too. DS came home from that trip saying how he had gotten to see Nemo and Crush. :)
I can't help you with the longer one, but if it is the same company I am sure it will be good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter