• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Doubletree vs. Bonnet Creek

eianson

Mouseketeer
Hi,

I am looking at a last minutes trip to WDW over Spring Break. I have hotel points that I can use for the Doubletree Suites or Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek. I may have to rent a car, since we are planning to do Sea World one day.

At a quick glance, it looks like the Doubletree has better rooms and better parking/transportation options. The Bonnet Creek looks to have a better pool.

What is the general consensus between these two?

We will be there 5 nights with a family of 4 (2 adults, DS - 12, DD - 9).

Thanks!

The Hilton Bonnet Creek is new and is more of a resort. Great dining and pool. Also, you can access the Waldorf for dining etc. We find the standard rooms to be a bit small so we usually use our points for an upgrade and add on the parlor suite. If you are using Hilton points you may also want to consider the Waldorf next door, you can use their quiet pool and cabanas and use the Hilton lazy river etc. At Hilton kids eat free for breakfast and dinner at Harvest Bistro with paid adult entree. I think it is 12 and under.

The Doubletree is quite old and although provides more space with the suite set up we would not stay there again. We found it quite dated, and while not absolutely dirty , certainly not up to the standards we set for places we will stay. Hair in bathtub, crumbs. on floor, etc.

I have not stayed completely on points so I do not know how the resort fee that is relatively new at HBC works when staying on points. We tend to use our points for upgrades. I am pretty sure there is a parking fee at both but not 100% as we use valet when available.

Edited to add: Depending upon what is important to you you may want to add Hilton Downtown Disney to your list of places you can use your points. They have a deluxe suite or junior suite that provides more room than a standard. While below HBC it is way above Doubletree IMO. You would also get EMH by staying there.

Although not far apart we also prefer the location of HBC, it is easier to get in and out of and you avoid some traffic hot spots. We always rent a car so I cannot comment on any transportation.

Thanks....that is helpful. The Hilton requires almost double the points. I may do a split stay, so that we can take advantage of EMHs at the Magic Kingdom...as I expect the lines there to be an issue over Spring Break.

I also need to factor in transportation fees, parking fees, and park parking (if I get a rental) when I figure everything out.

Keep in mind only the Hilton Downtown Disney offers EMH. The Hilton Bonnet Creek is not eligible.

I've stayed at both several times. If you don't have a car pick the doubletree. If you want more room with a small kitchen pick the double tree. Keep in mind the Hilton BC does not have laundry.
I prefer the HiltonBC these days as my children are older we don't need laundry and stay at the resort more than the parks. I recommend them both.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thanks for all the advice. I ended up booking the Bonnet Creek. Since we have to get a rental car, I figured this was the better option...especially since we will take afternoon breaks and will use the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter