Doubletree Suites - DTD

SueRS

DIS Veteran
What is your opinion on the Doubletree Suites - DTD? Do they do EMH? How is the transporation to the Parks?

Thanks,

Sue

I have never stayed there so I cannot tell you what they are like. They do have free transportation to the Disney parks. The bus is shared with all the other resorts on Hotel Plaza Blve. I want to say that stop is one of the middle ones (you more than likely will get a seat on the bus when it stops at the resort). They do not have the EMH, at one time the resorts there did, now I believe only the Hilton offers it. I hope this helps you... at least it bumps your question up :flower:

I believe that this is the one which looks like a miniture pentagon. If so, I am staying there on my next visit (in 7 days YEAAAAAA! :cool1: ). I can tell you more about it once I return.

Aloha!

we stayed there for 3 nights and it was good for our family of 5. I liked the spaciousness of the rooms (living area w/sofa bed, small fridge, microwave + king bed in bedroom). The decor was great. The beds weren't too comfy though. My kids liked the restaurant and the movie room. There was a time-share desk in the middle of the hotel but she was really nice and gave us a free appetizer coupon for Benihana.

Those cookies are amazing! We didn't use the free transportation...it always looked crowded. I would stay there again...convenient!

cyansmom

cyansmom-when did you stay there? We are booked for Night of Joy weekend. I heard that the beds had been changed to the "heavenly beds-" that doesn't sound like what you got.

msmulan-I look forward to hearing your impressions!

My dh would like me to change the ressies to Sheraton Safari, using our Starwood pts. to save $30. per night. (But no breakfast.) Any thoughts on that? Thanks!

dizneekim-It is my understanding that the free breakfast included the our package is continental and that we would have to pay extra for the full hot breakfast. It's just me and two kids, so I do not mind. It may make a difference for your family. Check and see which breakfast option is included in your rate. This may help you decide which hotel fits you best.

Stayed there in October. This is the double tree next to the brand new Super Target. I was shocked when we went in. It was huge. It had a bathroom, kitchen and living room w/ couch bed downstairs. Upstairs had 2 bedrooms , one had 2 beds one had I think a King and another bathroom upstairs. It was very clean, very very nice much to my surprise. It has a great mini golf right outside. The only problem is they are doing road work there so there is only a tiny blue sign eye level with white writing saying Double tree suites. So ...... as soon as you hit Target on your left it is right next door. If you pass the mini golf you passed it. It is set way back on the road so you can't even see the hotel.

msmulan-Yes, we are getting the continental breakfast in our package, too. That will suit us just fine-it's only a long weekend and I am hoping to travel light without hauling food this trip. :cool1: I really like the idea of staying "in the world" and using their bus, but dh says Sheraton Safari is so close and he doesn't mind driving. I'm not going to push the issue either way; I'm so happy to come to Disney! I'll look forward to hearing about your trip. Thanks!

dizneekim- I am with you as long as it's close to WDW I am up for it. Only two more days to go!!!! Can't wait. Feels as if I have packed my whole house.

We are booked for a 6 night stay at Doubletree in Nov. I have heard mixed reviews and don't know what to do. I do know that they upgraded to neew beds and all rooms were remodeled but heard that the rooms have a musty odor. I need to hear from people who recently stayed there.

Thanks,

Junebug ::MickeyMo

For some reason, I really like this place. Stayed there in '92(when it was called Guest Quarters)'94, 96, 99, 02, 03, and in two weeks. This time going its going to me myself and my brother. The rooms are the biggest in disney. Sleeps six comfortably. Transportation...I'm assuming there are two buses to each theme park all day. The top floor you can view the illuminations, kinda far away but stay have a clear shot of them. When you check in, you get free cookies. I think its good location because of the walk to crossroads and the walk to dtd.

Okay, I need to say upfront that I have the world's worst sense of direction, but I can't picture a Super Target close to this hotel. Are you sure we're all talking about the same place? Our last visit was in Feb and I can't picture where this would have gone up.

My Sheraton Safari dilemma was solved. Our Starwood 50% off award isn't available for a suite during this time. I'm kind of relieved to have one less decision to make. I had seen a special rate on mousesavers or allears for SS, but I can't find it now.

Thanks all for your input!

I would be amazed if they were able to build a Super Target near the Doubletree Suites, too! But the last time I was there was a couple of years ago. There are several Doubletree locations around Disney...read horrible reviews of Doubletree CLUB and would never stay there. We did stay at THE DOUBLETREE GUEST SUITES in Downtown Disney and thought it was awesome. As others have said, huge room and delicious cookies! Also a pretty easy walk to Downtown Disney. We had a car but the bus service seemed to be pretty reliable. So if the question is about Doubletree GUEST SUITES at 2305 Hotel Plaza Blvd. in Lake Buena Vista, then I definitely would give it a two thumbs up! I like to read reviews on Travelocity and Trip Advisor before booking and remember some scathing ones about Sheraton Safari but that was a few years ago and perhaps they've cleaned up their act. Keep us posted...anybody able to clarify the Target issue!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter