Doubletree Hotel near DTD?

MrsTink04

DIS Veteran
Anyone stayed here? Give me the good and bad. We have a Suite for next Wednesday and want to know all about it!

Thanks!

Anyone stayed here? Give me the good and bad. We have a Suite for next Wednesday and want to know all about it!

Thanks!

I did stay here a few years ago. I really enjoyed it. You can walk to DTD to explore and they had nice rooms, much nicer than a value or even a moderate on property. We had reservations for 7 nights and only stayed one night at the Comfort Suites - Lake Buena Vista and it was so bad I had to get out and this was one of the closest hotels with reasonable rooms available (since the other hotel was pre-paid we could not get our $ back for other 6 nights). It was a nice choice, clean carpet, no bugs, the basics I took for granted at a hotel before staying at that comfort suites. You should enjoy your stay there.

Although I have never stayed there, I believe there are special rates available through a link on the mousesavers website. She has also done a review of the hotel.:hippie::hippie:

Hi, well i can't help you ...i dont have any idea about this matter...
but i will try i m helping you in future...

I have stayed at the Doubletree a few times while on business in Orlando. It is a great hotel. The suites are very roomy and clean and they have very comfortable beds. I have only been to the restaurant twice for their buffet breakfast and I was pleased with the selection. The fitness room was also very nice and has a nice array of equipment. They give you a very tasty chocolate chip cookie when you check-in.

As a PP said, you can walk to DTD and is within a short drive to all of the Disneyworld parks. There is a shuttle available, but I never used it so I cannot say how good it is.

You will enjoy this hotel. If I can get another reasonable rate, I will be staying there again in March.

We stayed there for one night in May with the special rate trhough Mousesavers that included continential breakfast for 2 adults and 2 children. One night's deposit is charged when you make your reservation. The hotel is about a mile walk from DTD, not too bad, there a re sidewalks the whole way. The shuttle service runs every 30 minutes to the main parks, but only 2 times in the AM to the water parks and 2 times in the afternoon back. The DTD shuttle doesn't start until 6pm. The hotel itself is very nice. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. The rooms are great - living room with sofa bed, tv and chair - there's a counter area with sink and microwave, coffe maker. The separate bedroom with TV, vanity area and bathroom. CLoset in the bedroom as well. Overall very nice place - would definetly recommend it, especially if you want space to spread out - I think we paid about $100.00 for the night.

Tammy

We stayed at the Doubletree for two nights before our AKV reservation in midJune. I booked through the Mousesavers website link :) The rate actually went down between chosing the hotel and booking it (one week), which was really nice. I booked about three weeks out.

We enjoyed the proximity to DTD (the teens liked the shopping). We did not use the pool or other facilities, so I can't comment on that.

I thought the space was kind of small for the five of us. For four or fewer, I think it would be fine. There are only four chairs at the small round table near the kitchenette area, plus there was only the couch (when not pulled out) and one comfy chair for seating. There is only one sink in the bathroom, which made getting ready in the am tricky. However, there is a nice lighted mirrored tabletop-ish (with outlet) next to the bathroom and closet area, sort of off the bedroom. That was handy.

The two areas are partitioned with louvered doors, so noise from one area will leak into another----something to be concerned with if you are hoping for privacy ;) or if you are putting small ones to bed and hanging in the living room.

We'd stay there again, but not for an extended stay. I think my kids (16,14,9) are too big for us to comfortably fit!

My son and I are thinking of staying here in August. Can anyone comment on the pool? Is it decent?

Do they have any kind of a workout area?

I'm seeing an Orbitz price of $81.99 a night which looks like a very good deal.

TIA.
jill

I think it is the best deal for a large sweet so close to the parks. The pool is very nice and they have huge beach sized towels. There is a workout room.
I have stayed here on several occasions and it is very much worth the money.

My son and I are thinking of staying here in August. Can anyone comment on the pool? Is it decent?

Do they have any kind of a workout area?

I'm seeing an Orbitz price of $81.99 a night which looks like a very good deal.

TIA.
jill

It was too cold for the pool the times that I stayed here, but it looked nice. There is a bar right next to it, so you can enjoy adult beverages while your son is swimming.

The fitness room is right next to the pool and is one of the larger fitness rooms I've encountered during my travels. Here is a pic from the website of the fitness room:

MCOFHDT_Doubletree_Guest_Suites_in_the_WALT_DISNEY_WORLD_Resort_gallery_leisure_fitness_large.jpg

Just to the left of the bench in the pic are the dumbells and a mirror that covers the whole wall. Just behind where the pic was taken is a good size flat panel TV. One of my requirements for staying at any hotel is a good fitness room and this certainly fits the bill.

Here is the photo tour of the hotel from the Hilton website:

Doubletree Photo Tour

For a price of $81.99/night, I would jump at the chance. For the time I will be there, the price is at $159/night. I will be making my reservations once it comes down to around $120/night.

Although I have never stayed there, I believe there are special rates available through a link on the mousesavers website. She has also done a review of the hotel.:hippie::hippie:

Correct. To get the best Mousesavers rate, you have to sign up for their newsletter. They'll send you a link that gives better rates than the usual mousesavers rate. Unlike the regular link, its for a limited time only -- but it is during this summer. I'll be staying there in mid August for either $77 or $79 a night...I think with taxes, etc., it goes to $88 and that includes breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter