DoubleTree Guest Suites in the WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort

we stayed there last January, and had a GREAT visit. Lots of room, a mini kitchen (micro, fridge, cofee maker), 2 room suite. The bathroom was very nice, with granite countertops, and an exceptional shower. However, the best part was the bed/furnishings. OUTSTANDING. It was hard to get DW up in the mornings for an early start at the parks. We were not overwhelmed with the buffet however. We had free continental vouchers which were fine. Anything hot, however, was an additional $8. Not worth it to us, as it was all pre-cooked. the fruits/breads/cereals were fine though. Location was very good, we had a car but they do have bus service to the parks. All in all, a very good stay, and I'd use them again.

we stayed there last January, and had a GREAT visit. Lots of room, a mini kitchen (micro, fridge, cofee maker), 2 room suite. The bathroom was very nice, with granite countertops, and an exceptional shower. However, the best part was the bed/furnishings. OUTSTANDING. It was hard to get DW up in the mornings for an early start at the parks. We were not overwhelmed with the buffet however. We had free continental vouchers which were fine. Anything hot, however, was an additional $8. Not worth it to us, as it was all pre-cooked. the fruits/breads/cereals were fine though. Location was very good, we had a car but they do have bus service to the parks. All in all, a very good stay, and I'd use them again.

Im heading here on Thursday. I will be sure to give my opinion, but how is the bus service? We will have a car, but still plan to use the busses when going to the parks....

we didn't use the busses, so working off what I read. If I remember correctly, the busses run every 20 min., and were nicer than Disneys own. I seem to remember hearing that the Doubletree was one of the last of the DT Disney hotels to be picked up and dropped off. Great location, BTW. Disneys close, and so if lots of commercial eateries, etc., just blocks away.

We are booked here for next october, anyone have any first hand info? Thanks.

Most of the time if you book via Mousesavers you can get the continental breakfast for free. Excellent spread and lots of good fresh fruit. Stayed there Jan 06 and would return again. Request your room face Disney, not the highway.

We stayed there last June and loved it! We did not use the bus transportation - we had our own car. (I have heard not so nice things about the busses) We loved the rooms though- LOTS of space. We ate the continental breakfast (free - mousesavers) everyday and it was certainly adequate. My kids whined a little about wanting the hot food but they got over it! (mean parents, aren't we?? You can get the hot food for an additional charge but we just didn't want to pay it!) I also agree that the beds there are so comfy and there is a nice lighted counter outside the bathroom where I got ready while someone else was in the shower.
We highly recommend this hotel!!:thumbsup2

Alright, im checking out tomorrow morning and headed over to SSR, so here is my review. As others have stated, the property is in a good location, about a 3/4 mile away from DTD. Upon driving up to the building, I had somewhat of a bad feeling as it looked old and outdated. We checked in, and received room 207 facing the courtyard area. The room itself is fabulous. It looks very fresh and clean with new fernature carpets and paint. The bathroom is spacious with granite counter tops and a therapeutic shower head. I can't comment on either the restaurant nor the bus service as we opted to take our own car. It looks as if the hotel shares a Mears motor coach with the Best Western across the street and the Embassy Suites down the street. The pool was very nice but drink prices were fairly inflated (what isn't in Orlando though!?). We talked with one of the waitress' in the pool area that said crime was up in the DTD area and sure enough, the second night we were there, someones van got broken into. Police presence was up ALOT in the area, as I counted numerous Orange County Sheriffs everyday. Other than that, my stay was great and I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a large room or mini suite arrangement....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter