Doubletree Anaheim??

sejejoemmiev

Mouseketeer
I like the idea of staying right across from the parks but the Doubletree looks so much nicer, for less money. Anyone stay here? Did you use the ART? How is it? I am on the fence. I could go either way. Help me decide. We are a family of six so we don't have alot of options. I would love to stay at the HoJo's but I don't wan't two separate rooms(or the price tag)What would you do? (We have 4 Kids are ages 2-10):confused3 :confused3 :confused3

I like the idea of staying right across from the parks but the Doubletree looks so much nicer, for less money. Anyone stay here? Did you use the ART? How is it? I am on the fence. I could go either way. Help me decide. We are a family of six so we don't have alot of options. I would love to stay at the HoJo's but I don't wan't two separate rooms(or the price tag)What would you do? (We have 4 Kids are ages 2-10):confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Are you talking about the Doubletree Suites on Harbor or the Doubletree Anaheim on The City Drive? I've stayed at both and both are nice. It sounds like you're talking about the one on Harbor, since you mention having 6 people. They have nice 2 room suites & regular rooms. All their rooms have fridges & microwaves. We didn't use ART, we drove in and we walked one day. You can walk but it's a long walk down Harbor. It's do-able, and a lot of people are walking up and down the street, but it is really up to you-it is long. We have AP's so parking is free for us. The day we walked my hubby was working & had the car. They do charge daily for the ART, per person. The other Doubletree is also a very nice hotel, but it has regular rooms, no fridge, etc... They have their own shuttle, which is free. I would definately recommend the Doubletree Suites for a family of 6-you will have more room. Have you also checked the Marriott Suites or the Hilton Suites? They are both also very nice, with fridges & microwave, and, since they are a tad farther away, they have their own, free shuttles. The Marriott Suites is also on Harbor, just further down. The Hilton Suites is on State College Drive, which is near the Doubletree Anaheim. All of these hotels are relative to the Disneyland Resort location.

Also, I forgot, there is an Embassy Suites on Harbor, as well. They are also suites, fridge & microwave, but they also have free breakfast every morning. The breakfast isn't great-it's ok, but it does help to start out with something in the morning. The rooms are nice. I believe they also use the ART, though, and it's too far to walk.

We stayed at the Doubletree Suites last June and we loved it! We have a daughter who was 2 at the time so we liked having the suite so we could put her to sleep and still stay up and watch tv or whatever. We drove in everyday to the park which worked out really well for us because we could leave in the afternoon to put our daughter down for a nap and she would fall asleep in her carseat then we just carried her to the room. The room had a microwave and refrigerator and the beds were great.

Thanks for the info on the Doubletree. It sounds good. How about the ART. How does that work? How much will it be for our family of 6 for 3 days? Is it a pain waiting for pick up/ drop off. How long is the walk?

Thanks for the info on the Doubletree. It sounds good. How about the ART. How does that work? How much will it be for our family of 6 for 3 days? Is it a pain waiting for pick up/ drop off. How long is the walk?

The ART is $3/adult/day & $1/kid/day(3 & over). I believe you can go online & purchase multiple day tickets cheaper. I'm not sure how long the walk was. Maybe 10-15 minutes.

Did you check the Marriott Suites & Hilton Suites?

I stayed at the Double Tree on Harbor last fall. I was there for a conference and only went to DL one evening - I walked over from the conference centre and then walked back from DL to the hotel. The hotel was very nice and comfortable. The breakfast at the restaurant was quite nice as well (I don't remember the prices though, since I was getting it reimbursed and wasn't too worried about it).

I think it took me about 10-15 minutes to walk back to the hotel, but I was walking alone and I walk fairly quickly. I never took the ART so I cannot speak to that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter