DOUBLE UPGRADE: How is room 7064..UPDATE: Now in room 7074

Pooh_Friend#1

<font color=blue>Check out my year round tan!</fon
I have received 2 upgrades. I started out at a Category 9 in room 2002, then was upgrade to a category 6 in room 5650 (Barb and Tony's suite) and I just found out I have been upgraded to a category 5 in room 7064. Is this room noisy? How is this room? Is it similar to 5650 but a smaller verandah? Thanks for any help.

UPDATE: Looks like we were moved to room 7074, I am hoping this is a quiet room also. Because my mom and some friends all had connecting reservations they upgraded the other 2 rooms and moved my room again so that we are all together again. That was very generous of Disney. Do you know how close this room is to the laundry room on the 7th deck?

Congrats. On our cruise in 2004, we were upgraded to #7104. This was just around the corner from the Aft elevators and I was nervous. Now, we will not book unless it is on deck 7. It looks like you will be in the Mid section. I can tell you from my experience, and the fact I think I covered every inch of the ship that I could, was that deck 7 was the least traveled and quietest on the ship. Now, 7104 is on the same side of the ship that you will be on which was cool, but we are looking into switching to the other side of the ship to maybe # 7604 for a different view. I think you will like where they have placed you. Its only a few floors up to deck 9 and a few floors down to food. And you are on the same deck as the hidden balcony on the back of the ship. You are in a good spot!!! Yup!!!! I think you can see that I am VERY jealous right now.

:thumbsup2 Very nice! I want an upgrade too!!! I always wondered if I asked for a room in the cat I booked (11), will they not touch those? I asked b/c I wanted to be close to elevators but I wouldn't mind an upgrade even if not close to elevators.

I am not completely sure about THAT exact room....but I will comment on DECK 7....my comment...A W E S O M E!!!

DH & I stayed on the Wonder Feb 2006 in cabin 7556!!! LOVED IT!!! Great views, super balcony, AWESOME simply AWESOME.

We RE-BOOKED for Feb 2007 on the Magic and are staying in 7556 AGAIN!!!

DECK 7 is two floors below all the POOLS and PALO's and the SODA STATION etc etc....

DECK 7 is 3 floors above Decks 3 & 4 where all the dining rooms are and the Theater.

We never used the elevators at all. (It was our lame attempt at exercising as well)!!!

:fish: :sail: :fish: :boat: :fish:

We had 7074 last October and can tell you it is a great location. We have booked the med cruise and wanted the same one but have had to accept 7094. Never mind all of that deck is great, quiet and easy to get to the aft stairs which are much quieter.

When is your cruise? In other words: How far in advance did you learn of your upgrades?

Sirena - I actually booked the specific room of 2002 and got an upgrade.

JJsmama - My cruise is September 7-17, 2006 on the Wonder. My room was booked in August of '05, I received my first room upgrade in Feb '06 and then the second one I received today.

Thanks for all the great reviews of deck 7. I was excited being in 5650 because of the larger balcony and so close to the back stairs to get to the buffet and bring my meals to enjoy on the verandah, so I was a little disappointed to leave the big veranda in 5650 and I love Deck 5. Am I right that the solid metal veranda wall that was in 5650 will instead be a plexi glass wall in 7064?

Did you have a TA? You think the cruise has to be paid in full before they upgrade you? Just curious...

I can answer that one! We booked our 2006 July 1st cruise as a category 8, onboard our prior cruise in early July 2005. We were upgraded in November or so (October?) to a category 5. We did keep our travel agent- she called me, which is why I don't an email with the exact date. We weren't even thinking about paying in full for months- all we had down was the deposit.

sirena said:
Did you have a TA? You think the cruise has to be paid in full before they upgrade you? Just curious...

Yes, I am curious if you have to be paid in full to receive an upgrade. I only have a couple of hundred dollars to pay, and I may just pay it so that I can keep my fingers crossed for the upgrade!

With my first upgrade the cruise was NOT paid off, my second upgrade the cruise was all paid off. I did have a TA, it was through Dreams Unlimited.

Well then I am hopeful. :cloud9: I have NOT paid in full and have DU as TA also. I do have my family next door though. But I wouldn't care to ditch them! :lmao:

sirena said:
I do have my family next door though. But I wouldn't care to ditch them! :lmao:
Starting off with the room I originally booked, my mom and dad were on one side of me and good friends were on the other side of my stateroom. All of our reservations are linked together and Disney decided to take the middle room and upgrade it. :confused3 I don't know how that happened, but I am grateful.

Yep, the OP is a very lucky person indeed. But, she is ditching us. We are her parents and she was suppose to be in the cabin next to us. You wonder how Disney chooses who to upgrade. Choosing the middle room was odd. But again, with all that said, I am VERY happy for her. Heidi, just get off the verandah when we come a visiting!!!! lol

Well since they went on the Panama Canal DCL cruise for 14 days and didn't take me, I think I will keep my room...that way it makes up for the PC cruise they took without me. :lmao: We can always switch rooms for a few nights, wonder how many people that will confuse. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter