• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Double tree??

wallawallakids

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if anyone has ever stayed at the double tree suites? We have only ever stayed on property before and originally planned on staying at the DLH this year, but we have had a few issues with family members health and the budget just isn't there for DLH any more. Being off property makes me a little nervous and having a family of 6 really limits a lot of properties. (Love the looks of the HoJos but they can't guarantee us connecting rooms :worried:). Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

We stayed there for a wedding anniversary once, but it was six years ago so a lot can change! We really enjoyed the hotel (free cookies!) and it was very nice, clean, comfortable, etc. The only thing we didn't care for was the distance from the park. They had a free shuttle, which was nice, but only ran every half an hour so it wasn't always super convenient timing wise.

Now, we stay closer to the park so that we can walk. We usually stay at either the Anaheim Plaza or Quality Inn and Suites. Both are a step below Doubletree, but are also a good price tier below as well.

Enjoy your trip, and seriously, get one of those cookies. Or more. They're delicious.

We just got back from DL and stayed at the Doubletree. We liked our stay a lot and would stay there again in a heart beat. It's right across the street from a Denny's so you can do breakfast there before the park opens or at the hotel diner. (Both were good.) It is also walking distance to the Toy Story parking lot which we took advantage of everyday. Saves money instead of using the bus system.

I use to only stay on property (for many years), and have since branched out to other hotels/motels around Harbor. Out of all of them I have tried (and that would be many at this point) we like the Hilton Double Tree on Harbor the best. We also tried the one in Orange, but that one is not as good. The only other hotel that compares to it is the Hyatt Orange County (also on Harbor, but with private shuttle). It was just as nice as the Doubletree (if not nicer) but also smaller for us and breakfast was a problem. We get the free breakfast buffet at the Doubletree because my husband is a diamond member, and at the Hyatt did not have this option. The only issue I ever had with the Doubletree is that you have to take ART (Anaheim Rapid Transit) if you want to take a shuttle to Disneyland. I hate ART with a passion. It is slow and unreliable. It will get you there, but it isn't to be counted on like the paid shuttle at the Hyatt OC.

The Doubletree Hilton has suites which are nice for a bigger family. It is clean, comfortable, and a real "hotel"--not a "motel". It is quiet and if you want to sleep in your can. You cannot hear children screaming bloody murder in the mornings there, which is a bonus over many of the "motels" on Harbor. Nice beds with real down comforters and lots of pillows and all around sanitary conditions.

You will not be disappointed with it. Look up the reviews on Trip Advisor--there are many good reviews of the Doubletree Suites.

I use to only stay on property (for many years), and have since branched out to other hotels/motels around Harbor. Out of all of them I have tried (and that would be many at this point) we like the Hilton Double Tree on Harbor the best. We also tried the one in Orange, but that one is not as good. The only other hotel that compares to it is the Hyatt Orange County (also on Harbor, but with private shuttle). It was just as nice as the Doubletree (if not nicer) but also smaller for us and breakfast was a problem. We get the free breakfast buffet at the Doubletree because my husband is a diamond member, and at the Hyatt did not have this option. The only issue I ever had with the Doubletree is that you have to take ART (Anaheim Rapid Transit) if you want to take a shuttle to Disneyland. I hate ART with a passion. It is slow and unreliable. It will get you there, but it isn't to be counted on like the paid shuttle at the Hyatt OC.

The Doubletree Hilton has suites which are nice for a bigger family. It is clean, comfortable, and a real "hotel"--not a "motel". It is quiet and if you want to sleep in your can. You cannot hear children screaming bloody murder in the mornings there, which is a bonus over many of the "motels" on Harbor. Nice beds with real down comforters and lots of pillows and all around sanitary conditions.

You will not be disappointed with it. Look up the reviews on Trip Advisor--there are many good reviews of the Doubletree Suites.

Thank you so much for your review. i am thrilled to hear that it is nice. I am nervous about ART so I might have to figure that out. Thank you for the heads up.

Thank you so much for your review. i am thrilled to hear that it is nice. I am nervous about ART so I might have to figure that out. Thank you for the heads up.

You really don't need to take ART. We walked every day to the Disney parking lot which is about a block. Super easy!!

You really don't need to take ART. We walked every day to the Disney parking lot which is about a block. Super easy!!

Which lot is it? I looked for it once, but my kids were not into walking around searching for it. I did see one but it was a little far (those blocks are huge in Anaheim!). We have always just ended up buying ART tickets and going with that. You can take either the ART bus right in front of the hotel, or the one directly across the street that stops at the Travelodge. People also walk to Disneyland just from the hotel, but we are not into that. It is right on Harbor and a straight shot there--probably about a mile?

We have stayed at the Doubletree about a half dozen times now. Our next trip will be Wednesday!

I am not sure about this--but I think you can sign up for free online at Hilton Honors in order to get some of the free perks they offer. Because my husband is a member through his work, we always get free breakfast (the buffet is beautiful there--super nice!), free parking, and free internet. I don't know if you get those if you are not a Hilton Honors member. It would be worth looking into before your trip.

We stayed at the Double Tree last year. It was great! Clean, spacious and you can't beat the cookies!! We had a room that faced Disneyland and you could see the fireworks.

The parking lot is the Toy Story lot. You basically walk towards Disneyland and turn east (right) on the Convention Way. It was awesome! It is still a bit of a walk but nothing like walking from the park.

I am not sure about this--but I think you can sign up for free online at Hilton Honors in order to get some of the free perks they offer. Because my husband is a member through his work, we always get free breakfast (the buffet is beautiful there--super nice!), free parking, and free internet. I don't know if you get those if you are not a Hilton Honors member. It would be worth looking into before your trip.

I think the free breakfast is a perk of gold level and above Hilton Honors members, so just joining won't get that.

We stayed at the Double Tree last year. It was great! Clean, spacious and you can't beat the cookies!! We had a room that faced Disneyland and you could see the fireworks.

The parking lot is the Toy Story lot. You basically walk towards Disneyland and turn east (right) on the Convention Way. It was awesome! It is still a bit of a walk but nothing like walking from the park.

Great!!! Thank you so much for the tip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter