Double tree at UO Entrance

dez1978

DIS Veteran
I'm considering a quick trip to one of the OI meetups. We have about a zillion Hilton points so I was thinking about staying here since it wouldn't cost anything. Anyone who has stayed there, is it really walkable? Would I want to walk back at midnight after the event? If not, would I shuttle/uber back and forth? I'm pretty good at Disney, but this has me lost lol.

I can’t remember exactly how far it felt but I do remember walking that back and forth a bunch of times like 10 years ago when I stayed there with friends and it not being a huge deal, now with 3 kids in tow I’m sure I’d say otherwise lol

I can’t remember exactly how far it felt but I do remember walking that back and forth a bunch of times like 10 years ago when I stayed there with friends and it not being a huge deal, now with 3 kids in tow I’m sure I’d say otherwise lol
It would just be 2 adults lol

We’ve stayed there and walking isn’t an issue. We had two small children at the time so with just two adults it’s very doable. Walking back late at night shouldn’t be an issue either. I’m sure others will be doing the same.

It's walkable and the walk is safe - lit and populated even at night. Of course, it feels a lot more walkable in the morning while you're fresh. Alternatively, a snack & brief rest at City Walk is enough of a refresher after the park day.

It's about a 10min walk, and leads you to the valet entrance (ie, security is quick & minimal people). Actually, w/ covid I don't know if there is valet yet so I don't know whether that security entrance is functional?

I'm considering a quick trip to one of the OI meetups. We have about a zillion Hilton points so I was thinking about staying here since it wouldn't cost anything. Anyone who has stayed there, is it really walkable? Would I want to walk back at midnight after the event? If not, would I shuttle/uber back and forth? I'm pretty good at Disney, but this has me lost lol.
It’s walkable going, coming back, get an Uber. You won’t want to walk back after the event. Trust me on that one.

have you checked the universal hotel discount with the informer ticket? We were going to get a room for 125 a night in a 2 bedroom family villa. I decided to stay the full 10 days in Sheraton vistana resort. (7 days Disney then 2 Orlando informer nights). OI is an awesome event! I’m shocked dec sold out in 3 hours and even more shocked they added two more weekends!!

It’s walkable going, coming back, get an Uber. You won’t want to walk back after the event. Trust me on that one.

have you checked the universal hotel discount with the informer ticket? We were going to get a room for 125 a night in a 2 bedroom family villa. I decided to stay the full 10 days in Sheraton vistana resort. (7 days Disney then 2 Orlando informer nights). OI is an awesome event! I’m shocked dec sold out in 3 hours and even more shocked they added two more weekends!!
We have like, a million Hilton points so it would be free to stay there. I’m trying to be cheap lol

We have like, a million Hilton points so it would be free to stay there. I’m trying to be cheap lol
Then def stay! I like that hotel. They renovated a few years back IIRC. They also have free shuttle to the parks in the morning. My only issue is having to pay for parking when I have a car. It pains me to pay the hotel when my annual pass comes with free parking at the parks. For that reason I just stay at Marriott grand vista or Sheraton vistana villages.

There is a trip report that someone just posted a few weeks ago and they have quite a bit in there about that hotel. I know they did walk it, but preferred driving over after the first day.

Does anyone know about the shuttle back and forth during the day? I know there's a morning shuttle, but am wondering about getting back for afternoon rest and pool time this summer. I also expect we'll see afternoon rain daily, which is not too fun to walk in. I'm not worried about the stroll over for rope drop when we're fresh and the weather is reasonably good, but would like reasonably easy access later in the day.

Does anyone know about the shuttle back and forth during the day? I know there's a morning shuttle, but am wondering about getting back for afternoon rest and pool time this summer. I also expect we'll see afternoon rain daily, which is not too fun to walk in. I'm not worried about the stroll over for rope drop when we're fresh and the weather is reasonably good, but would like reasonably easy access later in the day.
Take an Uber back, it’s much easier and relatively inexpensive

We've been there a few times, the walk is great. If you do the shuttle check their schedule I think they stop after the park is closed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter