Double the Anniversaries, Double the Fun! Jan 2013 PTR | TR HAS STARTED! 2/13

OKW looks like it would be a really nice resort to stay at. That's so nice of his parents to give you guys points like that! :goodvibes Hopefully everything works out for you.

We are still here- no worries!!
I hope it all works out with the DVC points...sounds like it will...
can't wait to hear why your doing the trip....??? hmmmmm..should we start guessing????

glad your new job is working out well....

Glad you're still here! :) I am about to update about the points with some neeeews, so I'm pretty excited.

And you CAN guess, though I'm about to tell why. I probably made it sound like I'm pregnant or something, but I'm not. :rotfl:

Thanks so much! :) Glad to see you hopped over here! That's a bummer about not going this year, though it makes TOTAL sense. I'm having a hard time knowing that we have to wait until January of next year to go, buuuuut that's okay!

Where are you thinking of staying next year?

Well, my fantasy would be to stay at the Beach or Yacht club but that might be a little too over amibitious on my part...LOL. I have two daughters, that will be 8 and 11 by the time we're planning on going and they would totally love to stay at the Animal Kingdom lodge. So I would love to do that for them, if we could.[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome! Have you thought about maybe renting points and doing a studio at BCV? You could probably get away with it since the kids are still young, and you'd only spend around 150 a night, depending on what time of year you go. But I'd definitely say look into it, especially if you can rent at $10 per point! But AKL would be awesome, too!

Hoping things are squared away with using those points!

DH and I are traveling with another couple in October and we are also treating them to the accommodations. We feel like we're gaining so much by having our best friends in WDW with us, there's no need for them to pay! Add to that, we are sharing one studio, so it's the exact same point usage as just DH and I.

So where do you wanna stay??

Well, things ARE squared away with the points... buuut you'll get to find out whether it's a good thing or a bad thing in my next update! ;)

That is awesome that you guys are doing something similar to us in terms of bringing your friends along and taking care of them! I am REALLY excited to go with our friends because I think they are going to have an amazing time. If we were squeezed for points, we were thinking about just getting one studio instead to save costs!

I'm about 10 minutes away from updating with info including our top 3 resorts here, and I'm so excited to share! I should've taken some guesses, haha.

700 points to use??? :scared1: I'd be at Disney every month for a year... :woohoo:

Haha what's even scarier is, they'll probably have over 800 come February, because they'll have to bank all of the 2012 points PLUS what they have for 2013... and heck, they could go up to 1200 if they borrowed from 2014! :scared1:

TOTALLY get the having-to-step-away from the DIS for a bit. I did the same thing after my TR and then my PTR lagged a bit. It's actually still a little bizarre b/c it's my BFF PTR but everything I'm posting about is the November Anniversary trip with Rey! I guess more planning that way?? :p

So what will you do with the pups this time if your friends are coming with you? I'm glad that my next two trips are not with the whole family and my boys (17 & 18 in November!!! :eek: ) will be staying at the house and watching all my furry kids so I don't have to worry about them!

I knew if anyone would get it, you totally would! I know exactly what you meant when you said you had to step back. I think it's pretty fair to talk about you November trip with Rey! (which I want to hear ALL about, so I will be stalking your PTR soon when I have some more time!)

We're not sure about the dogs yet, though we're thinking we'll probably end up asking another one of our friends to watch the house/dogs/cat while we're gone, but we'll offer to pay them. It's a little stressful finding someone and I'm not gonna lie, I'm jealous that you have the boys at home to watch your doggies! ;)

Yay!! I always enjoy your updates! Hope everything works out with the points!

Aww thanks! I'm excited because I have another update coming up here shortly, involving what is happening with the points! :banana:

Still here! Totally understand being busy. I keep my calendar using my iPhone and I swear if anything ever happens to that phone I will be totally lost because I can't keep it all straight, especially this time of year--baseball, dance recitals, end of year testing and awards days and field trips etc at school, graduation... But it's all this busy busy busy that makes all of us appreciate the peace of a Disney vacation so much!

Glad you're still here! Holy cow though, your schedule sounds crazy! :scared1: I am DEFINITELY glad you are still here, with all of that going on! Haha, and I totally agree, it does make you appreciate a Disney vacation that much more!

I totally understand the new job/less DIS time thing too! It's hard keeping things updated on a regular schedule!

The DVC points thing completely confuses me, but it sounds like you've got a good plan!! :thumbsup2

It really is difficult! But I should be more active now that things are starting to progress with our trip-planning!

DVC points are super confusing! We started researching all of it and whew, it's crazy... especially when you combine having banked points, current year points, or borrowed points. It's hard to keep it all straight! I think we actually have a better understanding than Matt's parents, who have been DVC members for nearly 20 years! :rotfl2:

OKW looks like it would be a really nice resort to stay at. That's so nice of his parents to give you guys points like that! :goodvibes Hopefully everything works out for you.

OKW really is wonderful! I loved it when we stayed and if we end up there for some crazy reason, I'll be happy staying there. It's a very peaceful resort, though a little too spread out for my liking.

His parents have been super nice about the points, though I wish they'd let us pay them for them, OR let us take over the yearly payments (but everyone in the family would still be welcome to use them).. That's where the whole guilt thing comes in. :worried:

Guys, I have some news! NEWS, I TELL YOU! Very excited just because I mean, I haven't had a ton to spill, but I was hoping this weekend we'd get things squared away and we did.

SO! That being said, we've gotten the OKAY to use the points from Matt's parents. :cool1:

This is very exciting, because for a period there we weren't sure if we'd be able to use the points or have to rent some from somebody (and spend WAY more money than normal since we'd already told Bruce and Amy we were covering their room)...

Buuuut with getting it all squared away, there was a slight catch: 290 of the points HAVE to be used no later than February 1st, 2013, because they were banked from 2011-Feb. 2012.

As you may recall, our dates were originally set for January 24th - February 3rd. Using a handy dandy DVC calculator, I realized that with those dates, we'd only end up using around 180 of the 290 that needed to be used...

Meaning that 110 points would go to waste, AND we'd have to ask Matt's parents to borrow some from the current year points... (Side note: DVC point stuff can be super complicated, but we've done so much research into it we're pretty well-versed now! Haha)...

Soooo with that, we discussed things, talked with Bruce and Amy aaaand..

We'll now be staying from January 18th-January 27th! :)

The only downside to this is that we will be arriving the weekend of MLK Jr. Day. Part of me is worried, but part of me isn't. After that weekend, things will slow down a lot.

Plus, I don't think that weekend will even be that terrible, especially if we just make an effort to hit the parks early, take a mid-day break, then head back in the evening.

DOUBLEPLUS, this now means we'll probably avoid cheerleaders in early February, so that's definitely a good thing (though I'm still expecting lots of Brazilian tour groups, haha :rolleyes1).

Matt's planning on calling Member Services either today or tomorrow to book our dates at Old Key West, so we'll be guaranteed a place to stay!

SO, that's really exciting and just made things that much more real!

Onto other things... I wanted to talk about why we're taking this trip, etc.

Matt and I have the tradition that when we go to Disney World in January, we celebrate our anniversary. It just so happens that Bruce and Amy will be celebrating theirs around the same time as us, so we figured... What the heck, let's make this a double anniversary trip!

The BIG reason we're doing this, though, is because it'll more than likely be our only opportunity to go with Bruce and Amy.

Matt and I are thinking we'd like to try for kids later next year, and I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce and Amy are in a similar boat, so now is THE time to get all of us in Disney World together.

Honestly, after this trip, we might not be back in Disney World for a few years. If we end up having a little peanut, I'm not sure I want to do Disney World until they're old enough to really enjoy it.

Maybe we'll squeeze in a trip before they turn 2, but it'd be pretty limited and I'm not sure it's something we really WANT to do.

So I suppose this trip is like one last hurrah for us, as a married child-less couple... and it's the last time we'll be able to swing this trip with our best friends.

Am I sitting here saying that it is 100% sure thing that we won't be back in January of 2014? No, because as we all know, life can throw you some curve balls and there's no guarantee that having a baby is going to be some simple task (in fact, I'm expecting it not to be!)...

But we DO know that this will be the only time we get to go with our best friends (at least without children), so we are taking advantage of that and are planning on having a total blast!

AND! Last, but certainly not least, I wanted to tell you guys about our top 3 resorts we picked out for booking!

We did this last year, as we figured it'd be best to have the top 3 places we'd want to stay, in case our first choice doesn't work out, we have back ups.

For funsies, I'm going to do this backwards, just because I can and it makes the suspense of our number one choice that much better... Oh and yes, these are my photos from last trip, so even better, this post has PHOTOS! YAY!

NUMBER 3:

WILDERNESS LODGE VILLAS

425759_433437884943_512794943_1528157_1999153974_n.jpg

If you read my TR, you might remember that I enjoy the Wilderness Lodge. It reminds me of home so much, and I think it has probably the coolest lobby of all the resorts.

That being said, I've never been super stoked about staying there. Mainly because if I'm on vacation, I don't really know if I want to stay somewhere that is a reminder of home.

BUT, when we discussed it with Bruce and Amy, and basically said that there'd be like a .0001% chance that we'd stay there (because our first or second choice should come through no problem), they ended up choosing the Wilderness Lodge Villas.

The plus side to staying here would be that we are just a ferry ride away from Magic Kingdom, it's a beautiful resort, and I think we'd be comfortable here.

Do I think we'll end up staying here? Probably not... but if in the crazy off-chance we did, I would be pretty okay with that!

NUMBER 2:

BOARDWALK VILLAS
426015_433431429943_512794943_1528007_863188130_n.jpg

Surprise surprise, we listed this as our number 2 choice. Or maybe not such a surprise to some of you who know me well, haha.

We all agreed that we'd like to stay near Epcot, and Bruce and Amy thought the photos of BW looked wonderful. The downside to staying here, is of course, the massive scary clown pool. BUT, outside of that, BWV would be an excellent choice and is only a short walk from Epcot and Beach Club!

Will we end up here? Maybe, but I'm definitely hoping that if we call day one of the 7-month mark, we'll get into our #1 choice..

Speaking of which, drum roll PLEASE!

NUMBER ONE:

BEACH CLUB VILLAS
420500_444132919943_512794943_1546104_791471354_n.jpg

SURRRRRPPRIIIIISE! Okay, not really. You guys all know I'm a bit obsessed with Beach Club. One stay at the villas and I was hooked.

I'm not sure what I'll do if we can't get 2 studios at Beach Club. My heart may just break, buuuut I'm remaining hopeful. I mean, if we were able to book a studio only 4 months out from our last January trip, I think we'll be okay if we call 7 months out.

Beach Club is wonderful; the pool is unreal, the resort as a whole is beautiful, I could go on and on. Matt even said that growing up, he always stayed at OKW, but with me, staying at BCV truly felt like our home away from home. If we ever decide to buy our own DVC membership, we will be buying at BCV, no questions asked.

So there you have it. Our top 3 choices! Fingers crossed that we can easily get 2 studios at BCV with no problem.

OR maybe we stay at BWV for the first weekend and then move over to BCV, which I can totally live with.

Either way, we are beyond excited that we are officially booking this trip, we have our dates, and NOW I feel like I can be excited for this trip, even if it's 8 1/2 months away!

Great to hear that you're able to use Matt's parents' points!

Love all of your resort choices, but hope you get Beach Club since it is your #1!!

Your reason for taking this trip sounds very familiar... partially. The friends we're going with are basically using this trip in October as their last before trying for a baby.
Ben and I are not having kids, so in a couple of years, we'll be left on our own to remain children pretending to be adults ;)

Just found your PTR and joining in. I have a conference to attend in DW in January so we are taking a few days before and making it a vacation. We'll be leaving just as you arrive 1/12 - 1/20. Hoping to learn lots of trips from all your knowledge. We are looking at PC or AoA for our resort (no points to use and need to budget our $$$). Hope to hear more soon!
we3are1 in VA

Yay!!!!! Ok, can you explain just a wee bit how this works? You book at one place and then request three others? :confused3 When will you find out where you are staying???

I have to admit that EVERY time you say you have news, I think it's that you are pregnant! ;) I think it's great that you are taking this double Anniversary trip with friends! Perfect timing and something that I had to wait YEARS for b/c I had my kids and then had to wait for my solo trip (ahem...now that I have 11, 17, & 18 I finally get the solo trips!) Should have done it your way! :p

Well I won't lie, DVC stuff confuses the bazooka out of me. My poor little non-DVC brain can't handle all that. BUT I'm glad yall got everything figured out!

WHAT? NO BLT?? Hahah jk I'm not surprised at all. Although I am surprised that VWL is on the list! Interesting... very interesting. Goodness, when does the 7 month mark hit? I guess it's actually somewhat soon!

January sounds like a great time to go for you guys!!! I really wouldn't worry about MLK weekend - I'm sure the crowds will be manageable, and you'll have more time after that if it is a bit crowded!

Gotta love the Epcot resort area!! :goodvibes WLV looks gorgeous too though!

mlk day was awesome this year. no crowds in the early AM at all.

you totally should take a baby to Disney! it wouldn't allow you to ride your faves together over and over (unless you brought someone else to watch the baby) but babies love Disney too! :)

That's awesome you'll get to use all of the points! I totally agree with staying at Beach Club Villas! That looks like a really nice hotel. Plus I was a little obsessed with it too after reading your TR. Haha!

So happy you got to use the points...smart move to change your dates....don't want to let those points go to waste! :eek::eek:

I hope you get your frist choice!!!

8 1/2 months will be here before you know it....it's already May 1st!!
I'm still thinking it should be March - LOL

Great to hear that you're able to use Matt's parents' points!

Love all of your resort choices, but hope you get Beach Club since it is your #1!!

Your reason for taking this trip sounds very familiar... partially. The friends we're going with are basically using this trip in October as their last before trying for a baby.
Ben and I are not having kids, so in a couple of years, we'll be left on our own to remain children pretending to be adults ;)

Yeah, I'm pretty happy it's working out so far! :) I hope we get BC, too. I just love it way too much! I mean, if we don't I'll be disappointed but then I'll get over it quickly since no matter what, we're going back to Disney World! :yay:

That's funny we're doing such similar trips!! And I'm not gonna lie, I will miss doing Disney World the way we do it now. It'll still be amazing with kids, but amazing in a different way, you know?

Just found your PTR and joining in. I have a conference to attend in DW in January so we are taking a few days before and making it a vacation. We'll be leaving just as you arrive 1/12 - 1/20. Hoping to learn lots of trips from all your knowledge. We are looking at PC or AoA for our resort (no points to use and need to budget our $$$). Hope to hear more soon!
we3are1 in VA

Awesome, welcome! I'm glad you joined. Looks like our trips will overlap which is kind of awesome!! I wish my work would send me to Orlando for a conference. ;)

You actually gave me a good idea, in that whenever it comes up, I'll try to leave some tips! Most people are pretty good with their knowledge on Disney World around here, but I've learned SO much on here, so it can't hurt! AoA looks awesome! And also, if you ever want to try our DVC, you could always rent points! It's actually pretty reasonably priced and you get to stay at a deluxe resort for WAY cheaper. What is PC though? I'm a little out of practice with my DIS acronyms. :rotfl:

Yay!!!!! Ok, can you explain just a wee bit how this works? You book at one place and then request three others? :confused3 When will you find out where you are staying???

I have to admit that EVERY time you say you have news, I think it's that you are pregnant! ;) I think it's great that you are taking this double Anniversary trip with friends! Perfect timing and something that I had to wait YEARS for b/c I had my kids and then had to wait for my solo trip (ahem...now that I have 11, 17, & 18 I finally get the solo trips!) Should have done it your way! :p

Okay, so yeah, it's really weird. The way DVC works is you can book at your home resort up to 11 months in advance... So that's why we're booking at OKW to start. If you want to book at another resort, you can do that 7 months in advance (so basically your get a 4 month advantage of being able to book before everyone else when you choose your home resort).

SO! The thing is, when we call at the 7-month mark, there is a chance they might tell us that Beach Club is full, or they don't have any studios available, etc. This happened to us last trip, but in our case it was that there was a studio available all days except for one day. So, if this happens, you can ask to be waitlisted for your first choice, and book at ANOTHER resort. We figure we'll do what we did last time - ask to book at Boardwalk, and ask to be waitlisted at BCV, so if a room opens up at BCV, our reservation automatically switches over.

Last time, out wait list came through literally a day later, switching us from Boardwalk to Beach Club. However, you can wait months until a room opens up, so we won't necessarily be 100% sure on our resort right away if we do a waitlist. The reason we are booking at OKW NOW is so that we are guaranteed to have rooms, in the crazy off-chance that all 3 of our top choices have no availability.

WHEW! Hopefully I explained that and it actually made sense. :rotfl:

We're trying to squeeze in these trips while we can! I am so glad you are getting to do some now though; you deserve it!! :goodvibes

Well I won't lie, DVC stuff confuses the bazooka out of me. My poor little non-DVC brain can't handle all that. BUT I'm glad yall got everything figured out!

WHAT? NO BLT?? Hahah jk I'm not surprised at all. Although I am surprised that VWL is on the list! Interesting... very interesting. Goodness, when does the 7 month mark hit? I guess it's actually somewhat soon!

Haha, DVC is so wonky. I've literally spent so much time reading and researching it (especially when there was a chance of us taking over ownership), I feel like I could sell it to someone! Haha, but yeah, we do have it solved, so that is what matters!

Okay, BLT was discussed, but it was vetoed due to higher points aaaand not everyone was in love with it. :confused3 I think one day I would like to spend time there, so I'm actually VERY excited to hear what you think of it!

VWL is a random one, but it was kind of a throw-away choice since there's like zero chance of us ending up there. I think I'd probably end up enjoying it, but it's definitely no Beach Club (or BoardWalk for that matter)! 7 month mark I think is in June.. So June 18th we can call and try to get Beach Club. Fingers crossed we have no problem getting 2 studios at my (and obviously YOUR) favorite resort!! :goodvibes

January sounds like a great time to go for you guys!!! I really wouldn't worry about MLK weekend - I'm sure the crowds will be manageable, and you'll have more time after that if it is a bit crowded!

Gotta love the Epcot resort area!! :goodvibes WLV looks gorgeous too though!

We just LOVE January so much! It's so much quieter there and the weather has been great the past few trips (knock on wood!).. I think we'll be okay on MLK weekend if we're just smart about it. And like you said, we then have another 6 days after that weekend to enjoy the low crowds!

I love the Epcot area, it's just so convenient and also so pretty! VWL are pretty, too though... I'm definitely hoping for BCV, though! :goodvibes

mlk day was awesome this year. no crowds in the early AM at all.

you totally should take a baby to Disney! it wouldn't allow you to ride your faves together over and over (unless you brought someone else to watch the baby) but babies love Disney too! :)

Awesome, that's good to know and makes me feel better about the change of dates! Speaking of which, I need to fix my ticker to show the update in dates!

We'll probably give in at take our baby to Disney, haha. I know we will definitely do Disneyland those first few years.. I can't go THAT long without Disney in my life! Just might not be Disney World for a year or two.

That's awesome you'll get to use all of the points! I totally agree with staying at Beach Club Villas! That looks like a really nice hotel. Plus I was a little obsessed with it too after reading your TR. Haha!

Yeah, we're pretty happy about it! BCV is seriously amazing. I'm glad you understand the obsession just as much as I do! :rotfl:

So happy you got to use the points...smart move to change your dates....don't want to let those points go to waste! :eek::eek:

I hope you get your frist choice!!!

8 1/2 months will be here before you know it....it's already May 1st!!
I'm still thinking it should be March - LOL

:) Thanks! And yeah, there was no way I was giving up those points! That would be such a waste!

I hope we get our first choice, too. Fingers crossed! And you know this will be the first place I go to when I find out!!

I know, I hope time flies because aghhhh, I've never planned a Disney trip this far in advance! :scared1:

Happy Friday everyone! :) I am SO excited for this weekend, it's not even funny! I've decided that I want to start a Vinylmation collection at work, so we're going to check out a few Disney stores in the area to get my collection going. :yay:

We collect pins, as well, but I thought Vinylmation looked kind of like a fun way to collect and display Disney stuff at work. I think Matt is probably going to get a few for himself, as well.

Not much news on the trip front quite yet, but that's okay! I've been in a very Disney kind of mood as of late, though!

And speaking of which, I thought I should share this with you guys because you'd appreciate it.

At work, we all have name plates that we display. It has your name, hometown, and Sponsored Links, aka hobbies... So this is what mine looks like:

nameplate.jpg

Not sure how clear it is at the bottom but yes, that does indeed say "...and visiting Disney World." Of course I had to use my photo of me with Pluto, too. :rotfl:

Funny enough, I had to introduce myself to the entire company and I told people that they would soon discover I'm a bit obsessed with Disney World.

Hahaha, TRUE DISer right here, both inside and outside of work!

Anyway, I'll probably update again here on Sunday with our adventures to the Disney store. We're also seeing The Avengers tomorrow morning, which I'm very excited about!

Hope everyone is having a good Friday and is ready for the weekend! I know I am!

HELLO!
Oh, would love a review on the Avengers!
My Dh is going away this weekend...otherwise, we would go see it!

I think Vinylmations are sooo cute!...even the not so cute ones...LOL

Hahaha love it! I think Vinylmations look fun. I probably would be too scared to do the blind trading though! I get too attached to things. Hahah I actually just want to buy a bunch of throw-away pins to trade on trips because all the pins I've bought so far are too special to trade! :rotfl:

I want to see Avengers! It looks really good. I've seen Captain America and Thor (which was too funny) so it looks like fun! Have a nice weekend! PS you're so lucky that you have multiple Disney stores in your area. The ones around here all closed a while ago. :sad2:

OMG, YOU'RE FROM SEATTLE!! :yay:

Okay, I haven't gotten through you PTR yet but I had to say HI since you're from my neck of the woods. I am originally from NY and just moved here after Christmas. I'm planning my DFTW in January and I thought I'd stop by the PTR boards to see who else was going in January, low and behold...

So, I will now go back and read up on your plans but I was so excited. You'd think I found someone who lived on Mars,:lmao: but I haven't ever seen anyone else from Seattle. Looking forward to reading your plans. :cutie:

It didn't take long for it to get around my workplace that I'm a big Disney fan. So then they hired someone else that my boss approached me (before she even started) and said, "you might want to be aware that we just hired someone who is also a Disney-fan. You're going to have some competition from now on." :rotfl:

It came as no surprise when we announced we were moving to Florida :cool2:

HELLO!
Oh, would love a review on the Avengers!
My Dh is going away this weekend...otherwise, we would go see it!

I think Vinylmations are sooo cute!...even the not so cute ones...LOL

Well hello! :wave2:

I will let you know how it is! I've heard nothing but rave reviews about it, so I'm really looking forward to it!

It's funny, at first I didn't like Vinylmation but now they've grown on me aaaand I want a collection here at work. :rotfl:

Hahaha love it! I think Vinylmations look fun. I probably would be too scared to do the blind trading though! I get too attached to things. Hahah I actually just want to buy a bunch of throw-away pins to trade on trips because all the pins I've bought so far are too special to trade! :rotfl:

I want to see Avengers! It looks really good. I've seen Captain America and Thor (which was too funny) so it looks like fun! Have a nice weekend! PS you're so lucky that you have multiple Disney stores in your area. The ones around here all closed a while ago. :sad2:

They do look fun, right?! And I totally agree with you on the trading thing. When we went in January I did some pin trading from pins that I picked up for cheap that were part of collections (like starter packs you see in some stores). Then I could collect pins I liked and got rid of ones I had no attachment to!

It does look good! I LOVED Thor, and I've heard The Avengers is supposed to be awesome, and really funny.

It's so weird about the Disney Store; apparently they just opened a new one at the mall near us, and then there's another one like 20 minutes away that's supposed to be HUGE. We're checking them both out this weekend, so I'm pretty excited!

OMG, YOU'RE FROM SEATTLE!! :yay:

Okay, I haven't gotten through you PTR yet but I had to say HI since you're from my neck of the woods. I am originally from NY and just moved here after Christmas. I'm planning my DFTW in January and I thought I'd stop by the PTR boards to see who else was going in January, low and behold...

So, I will now go back and read up on your plans but I was so excited. You'd think I found someone who lived on Mars,:lmao: but I haven't ever seen anyone else from Seattle. Looking forward to reading your plans. :cutie:

OMG, awesome! I can never find anyone from Seattle around here, I tell ya. Not many of us! So glad you've popped in to say hello though, seriously! And even better, you're going in January!! When are your dates?! How do you like it here? I work in downtown Seattle but live south now (though I lived in the city for 5 years before Matt and I bought our house).

That is so exciting your are planning a DFTW there! We almost did that but ended up getting married in Seattle and had our honeymoon in Disney World. :thumbsup2

It'd be so funny if you had similar dates to us or anything overlapped! Let me know though, I'd love to chat with another Seattleite who loves Disney World! :goodvibes

It didn't take long for it to get around my workplace that I'm a big Disney fan. So then they hired someone else that my boss approached me (before she even started) and said, "you might want to be aware that we just hired someone who is also a Disney-fan. You're going to have some competition from now on." :rotfl:

It came as no surprise when we announced we were moving to Florida :cool2:

That is so funny about word getting around you work place! I think it will around here, too. I did find out my CEO is going to Disneyland in July I think with his family, so after I introduced myself to the company we were chatting about it.

I can't imagine having competition though, haha. I like being the Disney guru around here! At my old job, I actually had one girl ask me for some tips on planning, and I told her I would love to plan her trip for her! Or well, at least help with it, now that I have my own to plan. :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter