• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Double stroller, which one, HELP!

applechips

DIS Veteran
OMG I have been obsessing and researching the best double stroller to take to WDW in December. just when I think I've finally narrowed it down I read a review or a post and I am back at square one. here is what I want:

~lightweight but sturdy
~can accomodate my 30lb four year old and my 25lb one year old
~can accomodate my 4 year old's height--she is about 39"
~has storage baskets
~good sun canopy
~folds easy
~compact
~not too outrageously expensive

Ok so I've looked at (online) the
MacLaren Twin Traveller
MacLaren Rally Twin

But i was just reading that the Chicco Velocita Twin is a great little stroller and its cheaper!

My Babies R Us store only had the Peg double and I hated it-- thought it was rickety for the price.

So any advice? I am sure this question ahs been asked a zillion times! I did a search through the old posts but didn't come up with any clear info. I am just undecided yet again. And I need to get one asap because we leave in 30 days.

TIA!!!!!!!!!!

I personally would go with the Twin Traveler. The chicco one, is ok, but Maclaren's hold the most weight and height with the child being comfortable. Good luck!

BTW, I know of a stroller swap board where people buy and sell really good strollers. If you want the link, just PM me.

I have the peg perego double and we love it, it has all of your things except for the price;), but you can get a used one at a pretty good price. The seats hold up to 45lbs each and very roomy! Plus it folds up very compact and easy to carry.

Ok...I can talk from experience here as my DH calls me the stroller queen. I have a slight obsession with strollers. I had a tandum Graco duo glider, and just recently got the MacLaren Twin Rally off of Ebay brand new and I love it. We live near Hersheypark and have season passes for there and it has to be the easiest thing in the world to push. My girls are ages 3 and 4 and one weighs 44 lbs and 43 inches tall and the other weighs 42 lbs and is 40 inches tall and both fit very comfortably. I actually got this stroller because it holds up to 55lbs. We go to Disney 3 times a year for 10 days each trip and at ages 3 and 4 they can't walk it all day yet. With that lenght of time...to much money to rent one. I'd say go for it!

thanks ladies!! After searching eBay once again and going to my Burlington Coat Factory in hopes of finding a mac or a Inglesina to try it was a bust... <sigh> I remain indecisive.

SouthFLMommy ---I belong to the Stroller swap yahoo group and I've posted there but so far no bites. I will try again.

If anyone else has any comments on the Mac Rally Twin and the Mac Twin Traveller I'd appreciate hearing the comparisons.

TIA!!!

oh! And BTW dlrhine I am from PA originally!!! I grew up just outside of Philly, in delaware county. My family still lives in and around Altoona Pa.

Not to confuse you more, but we have the Peg Perego Aria twin side by side stroller which we love, and are bringing down to florida very soon! It folds in 2 seconds...so easy...weighs around 17 lbs I think?...really lightweight, and has 1 big basket underneath. we love it. And its narrow enough to fit thru *most* doorways. Good luck!

Minnie824
Is your Peg Perego only good on well paved areas? We love ours but need to get a double now. We found it was great for pavement but we got another brand for taking our DD on walks around our place because some had curbs that were not 100% smooth. Thoughts?
Alysa

I have the Mac TT. We love it and it fits our needs perfectly. There are a couple of things I would say I would prefer it did or didn't do. It meets many of your criteria. The lightweight doesn't(trade off for being so sturdy) and I wouldn't call it compact for an umbrella stroller but yes for a double overall. I would also say it is expensive(but I have seen the $700 strollers at WDW too) for a stroller but we have gotten what we paid for. I have 3 kids(6yr DD, 3yr DS, and 16mo DD) I have been known to push the older two while carrying the youngest on my hip. :rotfl: I have very tall kids(oldest is just shy of 48", middle is 42", and baby is 33") they all fit fine. I really like the rain cover too, we needed it while we were at WDW and it kept the kids dry. We have had the stroller a year and a half I still really think it was worth it for us. Best wishes choosing. Kelly

I would stick with a Maclaren. Very sturdy and holds a lot of weight. Pushes like a dream. Invest in a good one to last you. Wish I had known about Maclaren when my oldest was a baby. Would have saved us hundreds of dollars on all the other strollers we have bought that didnt hold up.

I bought the Chicco Citta Twin from target.com (I think I paid around $125). It held my 1yo and 5yo just fine. It was easy to push, had storage baskets underneath, each seat reclined individually,each seat had its own visor, it folded like an umbrella stroller. It was perfect for our disney trip (actually neither of my kids are much into strollers normally so we really only used it for our disney trip but it was worth the money..considering we would have spent that much in rentals. It was nice to have something for the kids to ride in when we went to the buses at night. If you don't want to spend that much I think the Chicco is perfect! I too researched hard and long on these boards for the perfect stroller. Good Luck!

Minnie824 said:
Not to confuse you more, but we have the Peg Perego Aria twin side by side stroller which we love, and are bringing down to florida very soon! It folds in 2 seconds...so easy...weighs around 17 lbs I think?...really lightweight, and has 1 big basket underneath. we love it. And its narrow enough to fit thru *most* doorways. Good luck!

Another peg pergo aria twin lover here. I spent way too much time reseraching it before making the jump. There are a few things that aren't so great about it, (mostly it dosn't have the best shade) but other then that I love it. We took clips with us and cliped on blankets at nap time to cover the baby from the shade.

Ours pushes like a dream at places like malls and and such, and very well on normal concreat or other Disney like places. We have taken it to WDW twice so far, that helps make the price of it lower with no rentals. DON'T order it from Strollers4less though, had some issues with that (won't bore you with the details.)

I also really like no 3rd whelle in the back to kick, the bars across the front have trays, but they remove easily if you want. A cup holder for adults, and you can fit a lot in the extra spaces around the stroller too. It is the same width as a whelle chair, so it does fit through most doors (you have to hit them just right.)

Anyway I know it wasn't one you were looking at, but had to vote in.

Good luck. :teeth:

applechips said:
here is what I want:

~lightweight but sturdy
~can accomodate my 30lb four year old and my 25lb one year old
~can accomodate my 4 year old's height--she is about 39"
~has storage baskets
~good sun canopy
~folds easy
~compact
~not too outrageously expensive

Ok. Here's my .02. What I really use the most is my umbrella strollers. I bought a clip set at "Babies R Us" that modifies the umbrella strollers into a double stroller. It works like a charm! Love it. Looks great. I've had people stop me and ask me about the stollers. LOL. They are so compact! They have everything you listed except the storage baskets. But they do have the mesh pockets on the back.

One of the things I like about it is I can easily unhook them and have two separate strollers. So you get two for one!

I *know* you were looking at fancier models but this might work for you too.

Have a great trip! :)

momofbuzzfan said:
I bought the Chicco Citta Twin from target.com (I think I paid around $125). It held my 1yo and 5yo just fine. It was easy to push, had storage baskets underneath, each seat reclined individually,each seat had its own visor, it folded like an umbrella stroller. It was perfect for our disney trip (actually neither of my kids are much into strollers normally so we really only used it for our disney trip but it was worth the money..considering we would have spent that much in rentals. It was nice to have something for the kids to ride in when we went to the buses at night. If you don't want to spend that much I think the Chicco is perfect! I too researched hard and long on these boards for the perfect stroller. Good Luck!

So does this recline fully? I was looking at the single Chicco, and the seat did not recline really at all.

OceanAnnie said:
Ok. Here's my .02. What I really use the most is my umbrella strollers. I bought a clip set at "Babies R Us" that modifies the umbrella strollers into a double stroller. It works like a charm! Love it. Looks great. I've had people stop me and ask me about the stollers. LOL. They are so compact! They have everything you listed except the storage baskets. But they do have the mesh pockets on the back.

One of the things I like about it is I can easily unhook them and have two separate strollers. So you get two for one!

I *know* you were looking at fancier models but this might work for you too.

Have a great trip! :)

thanks for the info! I have thought of that but most umbrella strollers I've seen dont' recline and I need one that reclines so my kiddos can nap.

applechips said:
So does this recline fully? I was looking at the single Chicco, and the seat did not recline really at all.

It reclines almost fully. I believe it has a 5 position recline. Some people's complaint about the stroller was that it doesn't sit completely upright (it is slightly reclined when it is upright). But I actually liked that feature especially with my DS (I think it gave him more room for his feet that way...he is a tall boy). Also there is a leg rest ?(not sure if that is what it is called) that you can position up or down. This was also nice for my DS because then his feet wouldn't put too much pressure on the strap on the bottom. I hope that makes sense. I did look on target.com and they still have to stroller with all the details. I am not very computer saavy, so I don't know how to paste the link here, sorry.

thanks for the info! I found it at Target.com I looked at it and while it is great and compact it doesn't recline as much as I would like it too. oh heck, I dunno! I am stil up in the air!!

I HAD to buy an umbrella this year because of airport security issues (we have a Graco Duo Glider, which I love - but is too big to fit through the security scanner). I decided on the Chicco after much deliberating - and now we hardly use our Graco!! I like that it has all the extras you're looking for - and the sunshades can fold down really far (great shade!!) Good luck! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter