Double stroller vs not...

ldhr2005

Mouseketeer
What age did you say no more stroller?
In the past we have taken our double stroller for the kids, 6 & 3. The 6 year old has not been in a stroller at home in years, but I feel like Disney is different. We are a "park" family, and though we do take a mid day break, we generally close the parks. The stroller gives her a place to crash out if needed, and also a place to take a break from the heat. But, honestly, the big stroller is a PIA- so we were thinking about just bringing the single BOB instead of the double BOB this trip. Thoughts?

PS. I have pondered renting one from Kingdom Strollers, but it irritates me to spend the $$ when I have my own,

We just came back. Have 3 kids and my youngest is 7.

Lets just say her legs were sore. We went for 10 days. We did 5 park days and 1 day in a waterpark/downtown Disney in the evening.

She kept wanting to stop and sit every chance she could. I offered to rent a stroller for her on the last day but she said no. I am sure there would of been a fight between her and my almost 10 yo des and my 12 yo dd.

I can tell you I hate the double strollers in Disney. To me they are too wide and if you are in a crowd trying to get out you need to be careful that you don't hit someone's leg. I had a sit and stand one trip and another we just took 2 strollers and another just a single.

If you think having a stroller makes it easier for the kids and more importantly you. Then get it. I rented a double stroller from the park for my 5 year old and I let my 9 year old ride in it. She's barely 50 pounds so tiny.
But they get tired walking around and I don't don't mind pushing them.
Then of course I've never been to Disney without a stroller.
When we go next year I'll rent it again for my 2 and 6 year old. My oldest will be 10 and too big. But I like having it for stuff.

I'm going with my 2 kids, age 8 and 4. I'm looking for a double stroller now because I just know there will be problems with walking all day for the whole week.

If you don't want to take the double stroller, then don't. A 6 year old should be fine without it. Yes, she might use it if she has it available, but she'll find a way to get along without it if it's not there. Plus the 3 year old can walk some, and they can take turns.

We kick our kids out of the stroller when they're 4. They always do fine. They might mention that their legs are tired as we're walking out of the parks at night, but we just tell them that they'll be in bed in a little while.

We are going in February with out (then) 6 year old and 2.5 year old. We will need a stroller and we are going to rent a double.

I KNOW my 6 year old cannot walk through the parks all day (physically she maybe can but I can tell you it will be NO fun for any of us after a few hours of her slowness, whining and general crankiness that will ensue - then she will end up in the stroller and I will have the 2.5 year old walking and it will suck just as much!!)

I figure if I need a stroller I may as well have a double at this stage. Yes - it sucks to rent one (we will rent a City Mini). But worst case is she doesn't sit and we pile our bags on the seat.

I can easily see my younger not needing a stroller at 6 - especially if she has a big sister to keep her going. You know your family best and need to do what you need to do to all enjoy your vacation!

I figure if we're renting a stroller anyway, we might as well rent a double. I know our daughter (6) doesn't "need" one, but I know how helpful it is at the end of the day. Even the double City Minis are small enough that they're easy to manuever. It isn't like she wants or expects to be pushed around all day, but it's nice to have the option when she gets really tuckered out.

ETA: We have a 3 year old, too, so that's why we'd be renting a stroller anyway.

We went last August and rented a double for our 2 YO and 5 1/2 YO and it was worth it. We don't have a double at home and had thought about taking the single and then renting a single if needed ( some of them if not booked can get you one last minute).

I'm glad we got it, it was hot, crowded and we stayed out late and they both passed out while we navigated out.

We are going in Nov and I'm on the fence this time....our youngest will be almost 3 1/2 so I'll have something for him, but the oldet will be almost 7.... He told me he wanted a stroller! Well see!

I just reserved a double city mini for my DD(just turned 7) and DS (3). My daughter never uses a stroller anymore but I know her,she gets tired and kind of cranky walking from one side of the outlet mall to the other. Halfway through the day she will want to sit and rest and a stroller seemed the best way to go...that way we should have minimal meltdowns. :goodvibes

We are gong in 30 days! We are renting a double i know dd5 will complain about walking and be jealous of DS2 if we don't get a double

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter