Double Stroller Rental Outrageous

Stroller rental at WDW is out-sourced. Disney just entered into a contract with a new company.

Stroller rental at WDW is out-sourced. Disney just entered into a contract with a new company.

If that is the case they surely did not shop this deal with the consumer in mind. Disney executives should be ashamed of themselves. $31 a day is more than a meal plan for their youngest guests and is just crazy...

Yeah, I'm getting a bike trailer-type stroller...they look about the same size as the Disney rentals (and come with rainshields built in!)
I've got a few on craigslist I'm found for a price I will pay, as well as some locals on ebay!
Edited to add: the airlines DO NOT charge a stroller as a piece of lugage, if some were leary of bringing your own for that reason...

Not positive, but I don't think the bike trailer type strollers are allowed. I know I have read that before...

With two young boys at age 7 and 5 we are past the use of strollers in every day life. But we always rent a double at Disney for them, for obvious reasons. Fortuantely they are both small boys, under 40 lbs each...so I have just purchased a jeep twin stoller that supposedly folds up to the size of a single umbrella stroller...we will be taking that for our next trip...purchased it for $40....definately worth the extra hastle to drag it with us...regardless of what the grandma says:)

Just a word of warning to those bringing strollers to WDW for the first time.

We have brought a stroller with us for all 6 of our trips. For us the cost saved is well worth the inconveniences of bringing our own but there are some things to consider and be prepared for.

On the buses....many times we have had to wait for the next bus because it was standing room only and there was no way we could get in with the stroller. We never lost our spot in line but we could end up waiting a good chunk of time for that next bus. Not a huge inconvenience but something to keep in mind. And most people are very kind and helpful at times but be prepared for a few nasty looks from the strollerless passengers.;)

If you drive, we found getting the stroller on the trams to the parking lot more trouble than it is worth. Sometimes, DH or I will walk the stroller to the car while one of us rode the tram with the bigger kids.

We were actually looking forward to renting a stroller this year and not having to deal with the stroller on the trams and buses but we will be lugging our own stroller once again. Youngest son will be one week shy of 3 during the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter