• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

double Stroller recommendation for 3yr and 1 yr olds

dsnymomx2

Mouseketeer
I have 4 kids so I have owned a bunch of strollers and do not want to spend a lot on, say a citi mini. I am looking to get a new double for our trip next month. I have a beast tandem one and a jogging sided by side, neither are suitable for travel. Last time we did wdw with strollers, we just used two umbrellas for my older two at the time, but with a 1 yr old in tow, I want something that at least reclines to sleep. I was looking at the sit and stands but would like something my 3yr old can nap in as well. any suggestions on what has worked well for you?

tia!!

Unless you want to buy a stroller for just the trip I would rent from an off site company.

If you are looking to buy for long term graco came out with a nice one that is just like the city mini just with a cheaper price tag. Its actually on sale right now on the BRU website not sure about in store. Even if you buy a new one I would still rent one that way I wouldn't have to lug it around.

I have 4 kids so I have owned a bunch of strollers and do not want to spend a lot on, say a citi mini. I am looking to get a new double for our trip next month. I have a beast tandem one and a jogging sided by side, neither are suitable for travel. Last time we did wdw with strollers, we just used two umbrellas for my older two at the time, but with a 1 yr old in tow, I want something that at least reclines to sleep. I was looking at the sit and stands but would like something my 3yr old can nap in as well. any suggestions on what has worked well for you? tia!!

We just bought a Joovy Scooter X2 off Amazon for $145. I'd had it on my wish list for awhile (Baby No. 2 is due in March) and jumped on it when it was marked down. It's typically $229.

The city mini double really is your best bet - it's an awesome stroller. How much do you want to spend? You could rent one. Or sell one of your others, use the money towards the city mini? I've seen it down to $299 or so. What about a Maclaren double?

Didn't I just read on there about someone renting a city mini double for the price of insurance only - under $9/day?

We LOVE our Kolcraft Contours Double Stroller. Our girls are 3 years apart as well and it has worked out great. Have used it Disney for the last 3 years since my second peanut was born. The seats recline very far back and they are adjustable in which way they are facing as well. Great!!

The city mini double really is your best bet - it's an awesome stroller. How much do you want to spend? You could rent one. Or sell one of your others, use the money towards the city mini? I've seen it down to $299 or so. What about a Maclaren double?

Didn't I just read on there about someone renting a city mini double for the price of insurance only - under $9/day?

I agree with this. I would just rent a Citymini unless you need a stroller for home.

We rented a city mini double from Magic Strollers (twice) for twin grandsons. Loved it! It worked well when they were just over 2 years old and again when they were almost 3. Easy to take on buses, easy to push. loved it!

We went this past September with our two boys, 1 1/2 and 7. My 7yo is quite small for his age, so imagine a 5yo. We rented the citi mini gt double. It was fantastic, both seats lean back for naps (which even the 7yo took on two separate days!) and it was easy to push. It took us forever to figure out how to lock the wheels, but other than that it was super user-friendly. We also already have our own strollers at home, but it was so easy to rent one nice one instead of bringing two from home, especially since we were flying. The rental companies deliver it to your resort before you get there and pick it up after you leave so you have it for your entire stay. Make sure you get the rain cover!

I agree with this. I would just rent a Citymini unless you need a stroller for home.

sorry I went mia, I actually need a better one for home as well and do not want to spend $400+ on a citi mini. I figure if I were to spend $ to rent, I might as well buy one since the double I currently have is a beast and 10 years old.

I was looking at this one, I have a joovy single jogger that I absolutely love. Have you used it yet?

No, it hasn't arrived yet. I think I'd just bought it when you posted and I replied.

I see that you found a City Mini -- another fine choice. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter