Double stroller Question

We have twice rented from Orlando Stroller Rental. We rented a double Citi Mini the first time and a double Citi Mini GT the second time. Both times it worked great. My kids could individually lay flat if they wanted to while the other sat up. Also, the rain cover was a life saver a couple of days with heavy rain. The kids stayed dry in the stroller without having to worry about ponchos for them. We would wheel them to somewhere covered near whichever line we were getting in and get them out. Most of the lines are covered, but even when they weren't, it was easy to share a poncho in the line.

We have been going with at least a single stroller for many years and trips now. We used a sit-n-stand and truthfully we have not had many issues at all, it just takes team work. When we get into the bus line we make sure we fold the stroller up "before" we get to the front of the line. DW handled our 2 DDs and I took care of the stroller and bags(2), I would always just head straight to the back door and stand. I will say I see some families and they act like it is such a big hassle getting on and off the bus:confused3 We always drive to WDW, but after the the first few trips we rarely even see our van during all our trips. We much prefer using WDW transportation. Tip: if renting, practice opening and closing the strollers a few times so you know what to expect.

I used an Infantino Mei Tai on our last trip. We have a trip coming up in April and I plan to bring my Becco Gemini. The Mei Tai folds up nice and small but has long straps that you have to tie. The Gemini (or ergo or Tula etc.) have buckles that make it faster/easier to put on but is a bit bulkier to store. I keep mine in a drawstring bag.
I have the infantino Mei Tai! But was thinking it wouldn't be the easiest to use there because of the long straps. I need to check out the ergo or Tula

We have twice rented from Orlando Stroller Rental. We rented a double Citi Mini the first time and a double Citi Mini GT the second time. Both times it worked great. My kids could individually lay flat if they wanted to while the other sat up. Also, the rain cover was a life saver a couple of days with heavy rain. The kids stayed dry in the stroller without having to worry about ponchos for them. We would wheel them to somewhere covered near whichever line we were getting in and get them out. Most of the lines are covered, but even when they weren't, it was easy to share a poncho in the line.
Thanks! Which did you prefer, the regular city mini or the GT? Probably going to rent so that we don't have to pack ours!

We have been going with at least a single stroller for many years and trips now. We used a sit-n-stand and truthfully we have not had many issues at all, it just takes team work. When we get into the bus line we make sure we fold the stroller up "before" we get to the front of the line. DW handled our 2 DDs and I took care of the stroller and bags(2), I would always just head straight to the back door and stand. I will say I see some families and they act like it is such a big hassle getting on and off the bus:confused3 We always drive to WDW, but after the the first few trips we rarely even see our van during all our trips. We much prefer using WDW transportation. Tip: if renting, practice opening and closing the strollers a few times so you know what to expect.
Great tips! Because they all fold differently!

We brought our city elite double multiple times. For 20 minutes a day it was a bit annoying but the other 10-12 hours completely worth it. Easy to push, the kids napped when they needed, held everything we needed it to and then some we wanted. Not too many of them around so easy to keep track of. You do need a plan for buses/trams. When we got on line we started packing the stuff that gets unpacked during the day.dh would take the stroller and backpack (with all the stuff if it didn't fit in the backpack we didn't take it). I was responsible for the kids. On the bus he headed to the back. I found seats and we were good.
Man that city elite is heavy tho!! Lol, but it does drive like a dream ;)

Thanks! Which did you prefer, the regular city mini or the GT? Probably going to rent so that we don't have to pack ours!

They are about the same. The reason we went with the GT the second time is that my kids were 4 and 7 and it is bigger. The 7 year old was small for his age and fit the GT at 48.5 inches tall. For smaller kids, the regular citi mini is fine.

They are about the same. The reason we went with the GT the second time is that my kids were 4 and 7 and it is bigger. The 7 year old was small for his age and fit the GT at 48.5 inches tall. For smaller kids, the regular citi mini is fine.
Thanks! I think we'll go with the regular then, my 3 yr old is 29 lbs ( maybe a few more by October ) and a 1 year old... I think we'll be good with a smaller one.

Thanks for the great tips so far... keep them coming!! So do any of you double stoller users think it's easier to drive yourself to the parks instead of the buses?? Wondering if it's quicker/easier.
remember you can not walk from car to front gate at MK. most likely you would have to fold stroller to get on tram then reload stroller and push up ramp to get to monorail or push to ferry. not much seating on lower level of ferry which you would be limited to because of stroller. to me either way is a pain

T
remember you can not walk from car to front gate at MK. most likely you would have to fold stroller to get on tram then reload stroller and push up ramp to get to monorail or push to ferry. not much seating on lower level of ferry which you would be limited to because of stroller. to me either way is a pain

Thanks for the tip! We're staying at BLT, so we plan to walk/monorail to MK and Epcot! Are DHS and AK hard to park and ride to? We've only ever done buses.

This was our first trip with a double stroller. We rented a city mini double for our 14m old and 6 year old. We exclusively rode the buses. It was not an issue at all. The city mini folds quick and flat. We would often try to get a spot where the electric wheelchairs go (obviously when no wheelchairs were on the bus) because it would slide into that spot. I wouldn't even consider driving

As for riding on the bus, my 14m old was in the lillebaby. The success of our trip was because of the lillebaby. My girl was able to be in the carrier on every ride we were on. I was able to have her forward facing on the rides (the carrier allows this). Plus, the lumbar support of the lillebaby allowed me to carry my 30lb baby.

This was our first trip with a double stroller. We rented a city mini double for our 14m old and 6 year old. We exclusively rode the buses. It was not an issue at all. The city mini folds quick and flat. We would often try to get a spot where the electric wheelchairs go (obviously when no wheelchairs were on the bus) because it would slide into that spot. I wouldn't even consider driving

As for riding on the bus, my 14m old was in the lillebaby. The success of our trip was because of the lillebaby. My girl was able to be in the carrier on every ride we were on. I was able to have her forward facing on the rides (the carrier allows this). Plus, the lumbar support of the lillebaby allowed me to carry my 30lb baby.

So happy to hear you had a successful trip!! At the rate my 4 month is going , she will be a 30 lb 1 year old by our trip in October, so I'm glad to hear the Lillebaby worked so well!! I should probably get one now and use it with her so that by the time of the trip, she will hopefully love being in it! We have been unsuccessful with the moby wrap, mai tai infantino and baby k'tan... I'm wondering if she just doesn't like the "wrap" style.

So happy to hear you had a successful trip!! At the rate my 4 month is going , she will be a 30 lb 1 year old by our trip in October, so I'm glad to hear the Lillebaby worked so well!! I should probably get one now and use it with her so that by the time of the trip, she will hopefully love being in it! We have been unsuccessful with the moby wrap, mai tai infantino and baby k'tan... I'm wondering if she just doesn't like the "wrap" style.

Totally get the lillebaby, you can use it now without needing an insert. We've been using it since a few weeks old. I suggest taking a walk with her in it to get her used to it. The movement plus being near your heart helps. But really the movement is what keeps mine happy. While waiting in lines I would dance around, moving from one foot to another when necessary. I'm just happy my little lady was contained, as she is basically running these days.

We've rented the citi mini from Orlando Stroller Rentals 3 years in a row and were very happy we did. It's kind of a pain to have to fold and unfold a stroller for the buses but so worth it!!!! We drove our car to DHS and AK and just walked up from the parking lot so that we wouldn't have to bother with the stroller on the tram.

We've rented the citi mini from Orlando Stroller Rentals 3 years in a row and were very happy we did. It's kind of a pain to have to fold and unfold a stroller for the buses but so worth it!!!! We drove our car to DHS and AK and just walked up from the parking lot so that we wouldn't have to bother with the stroller on the tram.

I think that's what we're going to do! :)

Thanks for the great tips so far... keep them coming!! So do any of you double stoller users think it's easier to drive yourself to the parks instead of the buses?? Wondering if it's quicker/easier.

We hardly EVER use the trams at any of the parks. Last trip DH walked the stroller and I rode with the kids on the tram(they asked to ride it) and he beat us just walking at his normal pace. Honestly, the only park that it can be REALLY far is MK. All the other parks aren't really that far, even if you arrive later in the day.

We have used the City mini double before and now we own a Britax b agile double, which is basically the same exact stroller. It folds quick and easy and isn't that big of a deal on the buses. I take the little ones(2 and 3) and DH holds the diaper bag and stroller.

Also, we used to have a high-end umbrella stroller, the Maclaren double. It nice that it was light, but can't even be compared to the ease of pushing a city mini or my b-agile double.

We also have had a sit and stand, not easy to push all day long up and down hills. And I have a britax b-ready double, it pushed easily all day, can even be pushed one handed with two 30 pound babies in it.

We hardly EVER use the trams at any of the parks. Last trip DH walked the stroller and I rode with the kids on the tram(they asked to ride it) and he beat us just walking at his normal pace. Honestly, the only park that it can be REALLY far is MK. All the other parks aren't really that far, even if you arrive later in the day.

We have used the City mini double before and now we own a Britax b agile double, which is basically the same exact stroller. It folds quick and easy and isn't that big of a deal on the buses. I take the little ones(2 and 3) and DH holds the diaper bag and stroller.

Also, we used to have a high-end umbrella stroller, the Maclaren double. It nice that it was light, but can't even be compared to the ease of pushing a city mini or my b-agile double.

We also have had a sit and stand, not easy to push all day long up and down hills. And I have a britax b-ready double, it pushed easily all day, can even be pushed one handed with two 30 pound babies in it.
Good to know! Thanks so much!

I know it's more expensive, but we rented the double stroller from Disney. We liked being able to drop it off whenever we were leaving and pick one back up when needed (we did the
Multi day rental). Disney's are the hard plastic, so not very comfy for naps, but we did naps at the resort so only used it for strolling. Whatever you end up doing, bring a brightly colored ribbon or Pom Pom or something and tie it on your stroller. It will help you find your stroller in the sea of strollers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter