Double stroller or sit and stand stroller?

disneyaway

Mouseketeer
We are going to be renting a stroller and I can't decide between a double vs sit and stand. We have a 1 year old and 3 1/2 year old. The 3 1/2 year old hates riding in a stroller now, even when we are at the zoo or out all day. But I like the idea of a double strolller being able to recline, although I don't like the idea of lugging around something that seems so bulky.

Which has worked better for you and why?

I've never done a SnS, but I like having a double so both kids have a place to truly sit and sleep if they feel the need. It also gets them away from crowds and such if they are feeling overwhelmed. I've never felt the double was too bulky for getting on and off the buses.

Hi, I was having your dilemma last year. My oldest never cared for being in a stroller all that much, but youngest really did well in one. Youngest was 9 months last trip and oldest was 2 1/2 so needed something that would work for both. I bought a SnS off craiglist locally and it was well worth it. My youngest did great in the stroller and my oldest would sit on the seat and ride when she wanted to, stand if she wanted to, or she could just get in and out of it as she liked if she wanted to walk. By her getting in and out of it I don't mean it wasn't safe or she wasn't strapped in well, she was. And she could look all around which helped keep her happy about sitting on the seat. In a stroller the poor kids only have one view point, stuck looking at people's behinds (I never even thought about it that way until I read it elsewhere on the disboards). It was not any heavier than our travel system stroller and folds up a little flatter. Anyway, it was great having the SnS, we will probably take it on our trip again this May.

Good luck!:thumbsup2

Can I just tell you that I own a sit and stand double and uggghhh... I would never use it at disney. It is hard to push and turn with two kids, the bench is not really much for the older child to sit on. My oldest got tired and there wouldn't have been anywhere for her to sleep with the sit and stand! When we went I rented a double from Magic strollers and I LOVED it, now I wish I had one. It was easy to fold up and put on buses or trams or the train. My girls loved it ges 4 and 2. Hands down I would go with the double and rent from Magic strollers...they give you a parent tray attached to the handle bars and a rain cover for free and OSR doesn't. Just my two cents!
Erica

I owned a SNS for about a week and resold it. Hated the thing - very heavy, hard to collapse. Go with a double umbrella and let the older child walk unless s/he gets too tired and wants to ride.

Def a matter of taste. We had double and switched to a SnS b\c our older daughter, 4 at the time liked to 'occassionally' ride in the stroller. The SnS allows a 'big' kid to get in and out easily. And then they can sit whenever they tire out. As afar as the size and collapsing, the SnS and the double were the same. I found no difference between the 2. We considered just taking an umbrella for our little one, but knew that our older daughter would be exhausted by the end of the day. and when you need to travel from 1 ned of a park to another quickly, that's easier to accomplish when you can throw them in a stroller and get mobile!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter