Double Stroller from home?

Tigpooh

Disney Fanatic!
I think we have decided to just take out own double stroller to Disney for our kids, DS5 & DD3. We figured we would just rent at the park and then pick one up as needed since DS5 could walk most of the time, but then after thinking about the walk out to the parking lot to the car after a long day might be too much, we decided we should either rent from Magic Stroller or bring ours. Obviously a money saver to just bring ours(we are driving our car down) Our double isn't an expensive one and is a single file one- so it's skinny through crowds. Are there any pros or cons you can bring to our attention on doing this? I am also wondering how often a "stroller theft" actually happens. Anyone heard of it or seen it happen? I hate the idea of HAVING to take it everywhere and park at each ride/attraction, but even if we rented from MS we would have to do that.

Renting a stroller there is SOOOO expensive. We always bring our own. We did get one stolen one time, basically they took our stroller and left us their older version of the same one, so it was inconvenient but not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things. We did get a free stroller rental from Disney when our stroller got stolen until they let us claim the other people's stroller. Since yours isn't an expensive one, if something does happen (we've been many times and our stroller was FINE, even our expensive one) you can probably buy a new one for the cost that it would be to rent one. I do suggest doing something to make your stroller stand out as yours, wether it's a bright bandana or something.

I don't see any benefits to renting one unless you're flying and don't want to deal with it in the airport. We brought our double last time and it worked perfectly fine. I did take a sharpie and wrote our kids names on the seats to make it unattractive to thieves, but that was unnecessary and now we have a very nice double stroller that we can't sell unless we can find someone out there with kids that have the same names as ours :rotfl2:

In any case, our stroller is a side-by-side and it was still perfectly fine to push through the crowds and to manage on the busses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter