Double Stroller Advice

I have a personal opinion to offer. We have twins and started out with the graco duoglider too, and we loved it until they reached about age 1. Then I spent months researching on what to get next. I finally decided on a double jogger. It was the best decision I ever made! We started out with a Dreamer Design and loved it in Disney ~ it is a total dream to push, but as someone above stated, it wasn't that fun to break down for buses. So....next we purchased a Baby Jogger city series double and this jogger is a one-step fold so it's easier to break down. It's still pretty bulky, but it's hard to argue with the ease of maneuverability. It is SO easy to push. And it makes a huge difference to have something that the kids love so much that they can easily fall asleep. Each seat reclines individually with individual canopies too. I bought mine on Moosejaw.com when they were having a 30% sale. It still wasn't cheap, but I'd pay it over and over again because we feel it is more than worth the expense. My twins are 4 now and they still easily fit and there is still a lot of free head room for them to grow.

We have the Maclaren Triumph double and I love it. It is so easy to maneuver, narrow enough to fit through doorways, and light to fold up and carry.

I bought it to replace my Peg Perego Aria Twin because that stroller was difficult to maneuver.

I bought this one and I love it:

http://www.albeebaby.com/in20swdostin.html

This stroller has been through the ringer and is still going strong! Its been to Disney 5 times (so lugged through the airport, gate checked, etc) and we have beaten the allmighty heck out of it and it's going strong. I have 3 kids, the oldest of which are a 44 pound 5 year old and a 38 pound 3 year old (both boys) and we are going to WDW again in May and this trusty machine is coming with us! Obviously, we love it- good reclines, very lightweight, easy to manuever, and good storage basket space. Cons are- no tray for the kiddos or for the parents, but this really has not been a problem for us.

Also, we ordered from this website and had a great experience. Good luck with your choice!

Just got back from BabiesRUs. They did not have many doubles to try out.
I tried the Chicco and did not like it at all. I found it hard to steer and turn corners, it was like the wheels would not swivel. Unexpectedly I also did not like the Joovy Caboose (I really thought I would)...it is not much smaller than a tandem and you lose a seat, but it was easier to maneuver than most tandems and lighter. I was surprised at how much I liked the Aria and OMG was it LIGHT! :banana: It went up a few points in my list after pushing my girls around in it. But I can see why it gets so many bad reviews, I do not think it will be a super sturdy stroller and I see the problems with the underneath storage....oh so many decisions!
Any other lightweight models out there I should check out?:confused:
Anyone had any experience with the Baby Planet UnitySport doubles?
baby-planet.com/products/UnitySport.aspx

I am in the same boat about a double stroller. We have the newer Graco Quatrro tandem. Very heavy and I refuse to take on the bus. We have an almost 6 DS 4 DS and 3 DD. So I got a really great deal on a Chicco for $119 however I think it is still to heavy. I think my kids are to heavy for Combi or Peg Aria. The two youngest are about 30 pounds each. I am going to go check out some other strollers tommorow, ugghhhh very frustrating maybe owrth just renting to save on frustration.

Kim We are going mid May

I had a single aria and hated it as it was flimsy and didn't steer well so I didn't want to risk getting a double aria. Ended up getting the sit and stand plus which has been to disneyworld more than five times in the past year and works great with my 1y and 3y old..it has two seats which recline (although the front does not recline that much but enough) and the back seat clips off real easily so you can use the sit and stand part for the older kid. So both my kids nap well in it...but I have been using the car seat in the front seat so we'll see how well my 1yr old naps in just the regular seat during our next trip - I do have a maclaren twin traveller which we may take instead as that reclines more and I know they could both nap well in it one but I will miss having the stand/jumpseat in the back for my son who dislikes riding in the stroller sometimes. Have contemplated getting a baby jogger city series but it was real heavy to lift into my SUV when I tried it at a local store. It steered great though...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter